Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Hmmm... looks to me like you have a pair of 15x7 and a pair of 15x8 Rally II's in the back of the family wagon there <_<...

Is Lucy getting some plus-sized rubber? :naughty:

Black Betty has 15x7 Rally II's all around with 235/60-15 tires. What size tires are you looking at? Also, do me a favor and rock the Rally II's without the trim rings for a few days and see how you like it. If you absolutely hate it, then of course put the trim rings on, but give it like a week and see if it doesn't grow on you.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Hmmmm......could be Stratman!!!! After nearly 20 years of ownership on 14 x 6 wheels and GR70 x 14 tires, yeah, I want a little more rubber under Lucy although I have not really decided on tire size just yet. I was going to break out the Percy measuring tool this spring (when it warms up) to figure that out. A 235/60-15 sounds like a good place to start though. I am not going to get too radical - just something that fills the wheel wells nicely.

When you look at the 14 x 6s up close, they are a little dinged up paint wise from lug nut wrenches over the years. In addition, I've had these BF Goodrich T/A Radials on the car a long time too and while they don't have a ton of miles on them, I need to inspect them for checking and cracking.So I figured it was time to spruce the old rims up a bit. I've seen the success some of the guys have had powder coating the rims, so I thought I'd go that route too.

These new babies I will go with a more chrome than argent silver and charcoal look so I can go without the trim rings if I want to. The original 14s will go back to the stock colors of argent and charcoal.

You are spot on with the sizes of the rims too. You have a keen eye there buddy. :clapping:

• Founders

Great grabs you got there Frosty!

Well yesterday was an interesting day. I went to Saginaw for a swap meet, on my way there, I was passed by a 3-car caravan - all shrouded in automotive camouflage. I have no idea who's vehicles they are (that's the idea people). They were hauling the mail too, doing 85 mph on I-75. Its a good thing I had my Canon Rebel in the front seat next to me or I would have never had a chance to even get these pictures.

The car almost looks like a BMW or Buick. Those tail lights...

Not sure on the SUVs

• Like 1

If I had to guess - my first guess would be GM - SUV's roof line looks like a Traverse/Enclave/Acadia to me minus a roof rack (my wife drives a Traverse). The GM Milford Proving Grounds is about 60 miles south of this picture - near Indymanjoe's place. US-23 and I-75 merge north of Flint (where these pictures were taken) and split south of Flint. So M-59/US-23 is the closest exit to the GM Proving Grounds. I agree with you Ringo that the car could be Buick too, leading more credence that these might be GM test/prototype vehicles.

My second guess might by Chrysler only because Chrysler HQ is 65 miles south on I-75 in Auburn Hills and their proving grounds is in Chelsea, near US-23 and I-94, about 80 miles south of this picture.

Hmmmm......could be Stratman!!!! After nearly 20 years of ownership on 14 x 6 wheels and GR70 x 14 tires, yeah, I want a little more rubber under Lucy although I have not really decided on tire size just yet. I was going to break out the Percy measuring tool this spring (when it warms up) to figure that out. A 235/60-15 sounds like a good place to start though. I am not going to get too radical - just something that fills the wheel wells nicely.

When you look at the 14 x 6s up close, they are a little dinged up paint wise from lug nut wrenches over the years. In addition, I've had these BF Goodrich T/A Radials on the car a long time too and while they don't have a ton of miles on them, I need to inspect them for checking and cracking.So I figured it was time to spruce the old rims up a bit. I've seen the success some of the guys have had powder coating the rims, so I thought I'd go that route too.

These new babies I will go with a more chrome than argent silver and charcoal look so I can go without the trim rings if I want to. The original 14s will go back to the stock colors of argent and charcoal.

You are spot on with the sizes of the rims too. You have a keen eye there buddy. :clapping:

235/60-15 has an 82" circumference for the 15x7 fronts and 255/55-15 has an 81.8" circumference for the 15x8 rears. Your speedometer will still be pretty darn accurate.
  • Like 1

Stratman I will take a hard look at those tire sizes. I definitely don't want to re-calibrate my speedometer although I have a shop near me that can do it for about $100-120.

• 2 weeks later...

Just dropped $1000 bucks on a repair job for the GP.... wheel bearings, tires, alignment, and something with the tierods to get rid of the play

Tie rod end links perhaps?

Pulled the dipstick and saw white. Didn't even pull the dipstick all the way out, just pushed it back in, closed the hood, went inside to craigslist, and bought its replacement about 40-50 minutes later

I bought a replacement car, for the replacement car, that replaced the replacement car (seriously). New vehicle (see my thread) replaced the 99 bird, that replaced the 74 bird, that replaced the 76 Olds Delta. All of these just for this 2014-2015 winter season. Winter rats...

But today I cleaned out the 99 bird, and it was moved down to the garage, awaiting it's surgery. I also ordered the fix-it parts today, should be here Friday

Thumbs up to Advanced Auto. Ordered my parts yday as you can see from my above post, and got this today. They said it'd be in on Friday. So my official post for what I did to my car today is I got this:

post-659-0-76357200-1423603085_thumb.jpg

Upper intake manifold for the 99 bird. What scares me is its identical to the one for a grand prix or any other transverse engine, and yet the upper intake manifold for a 99 bird is supposed to be different than the intake manifold for a prix. I'll be having my brother install it because he owes me for buying him another audi for a quick flip

Finished welding in the roof of the Chevelle and fixed a mistake that I made a few months ago. Unbolted the body and moved it to the other side of the shop. Jacked it up as high as I could. I should have the body off the frame this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... it was a balmy 55 degrees here today, so I woke Black Betty from a three week nap and me and mrs.stratman went cruisin'.

Got a little mud and dirty water on Betty (nothing that won't wash off), but it was worth it to get her out and about after a long hiatus... got lots of thumbs up! :dancingpontiac:

Black%20Betty%20021_zps317frnrh.jpg

Black%20Betty%20019_zpsdyhlupgd.jpg

• Like 1