Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

NICE ! Fitting shot for our Dead brand

BB.jpg

um... yeah!... that's right!... I meant to do that! (actually, it was a happy accident, lol! I like the story- thanks SPRINT 6!)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks guy's. It was a great way to start the season for sure.

It's acrylic carved with what I am told was a past winner rendering.

At the show I thought it was a '69 Camaro, but once home realized it's a '72 GT-37.

The whole thing is about 12x12 on a wooden base with very small LED type up-lighting.

I plugged it in and turned off the lights for the full effect.

Wishing everyone a great show season.!

Cheers

Sweet trophy, Congrat's bro.

I said goodbye to both my Pontiacs for the next 6 months while I go play in the world's litter box. Hopefully my wife takes good care of them both until I get back.

Safe trip man.

• Founders

I said goodbye to both my Pontiacs for the next 6 months while I go play in the world's litter box. Hopefully my wife takes good care of them both until I get back.

:( , be safe bud! Couldn't get back to Japan or wherever you were excited to go?

Nope, never made it to Japan. Medical clearance for my oldest daughter was denied (even though she has absolutely nothing wrong with her) so we stayed in Cali. Had to buy a new house at the last minute since our other one was in escrow and I couldn't afford the fees if we tried to back out but we found a better house for our family in the end. God must have better plans for us in the states yet (and I got to keep both my Pontiacs!)

• Like 1

On the weekend parked the truck for no headlights. Then the Vibe seizes the right front brake caliper.

Gotta take the boss' car to work so the Fiero one day then the Cavalier the next.

Out in the shop tonight the loose wire on the truck means that I now have headlights.

On the weekend parked the truck for no headlights. Then the Vibe seizes the right front brake caliper.

Gotta take the boss' car to work so the Fiero one day then the Cavalier the next.

Out in the shop tonight the loose wire on the truck means that I now have headlights.

So that means you can see da' lights, eh?

Just order some paint for the Envoy from Amazon.

Also ordered something for the Lemans from McNichols.

Paint for the Envoy showed up today.So I've got two car projects to work on this weekend. You watch "someone" (not me) will say "we have to clean the house"!

:willy_nilly: ah! i took some pics today and yesterday of what i was doing and now theyre gone. either OS, camera app or memory card screwed it up.

i have a problem.

11141178_774926932623195_479720393859285

the first step is admitting it. next step is, buy more! :D

so i lost a few pics of what i did but not too bad. these are the last of them.

post-15-0-74070600-1430090160_thumb.png

post-15-0-96048000-1430090203_thumb.png

post-15-0-33555700-1430090259_thumb.png

post-15-0-49742200-1430090297_thumb.png

Here is what I started with.....Lucy's stock, egg crate grilles.

post-317-0-41851800-1430099699_thumb.jpg

My package from McNichols in Chicago came. It had 1/2" perforated hexgon sheetmetal...aka honeycomb.

post-317-0-15161500-1430099946_thumb.jpg

Once the new grilles are cut to size, its time for mock up.

post-317-0-56226200-1430100146_thumb.jpg

Now its time for prep, primer, paint, and clear coat.

1. Minerals spirits to act as a wax and grease remover

2. Self-etching primer to allow the primer to bite into the virgin metal

3. Gloss black - 3 coats

4. Gloss clear coat - 3 coats

post-317-0-69209100-1430100336_thumb.jpg

Here we go......

post-317-0-75219500-1430100413_thumb.jpg

post-317-0-79533500-1430100461_thumb.jpg

post-317-0-03716000-1430100564_thumb.jpg

Now that the grilles are painted I will let the paint harden for about a week before I assemble it. I also have a unique problem. The eggcrate grille is about 3/8"-1/2" in width and the honeycomb is not. So now I have to create some sort of spacers (like stacked washer) to build up to the grille mounting surface back up. I think I have a plan......

Lookin good. You'll figure it out. Make it so #1.

it turns out that the steering column fastener from a 2nd gen Firebird is exactly what I need for the grille. Remove the plastic screw and the slit and screw hold works with the posts on the grille. I know this because I have 2 used ones on hand and they work perfect. I need 10 more. The cheapest I've found them for is $3.00 a piece (new) plus shipping. I have not yet finished looking.

$(KGrHqEOKpYFIs7fSD3CBSPb-HrRrg~~60_35.J

The ones I have I picked up at the Flushing cruise for pennies on the dollar. I wish I grabbed a few more now..and I didn't find this part in NPD's catalog either. So I don't think I can just run to Canton for them either.