Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I picked up Lucy from the upholestry shop today. She's a little dirty and she needs a thorough cleaning before next week's Dust Off, but I like what I see.

First up, the door panels and rear quarter panels had blue piping installed in them to match the seats. Stupidly, I failed to take a picture of that. Doh! I will get one at next week's Dust Off for sure.

Second, I had a fire extinguisher installed in front of the console between the firewall and console. The National Street Rod Association (NSRA) recommends both carrying a fire extinguisher in your classic car and having it within easy reach of the driver. Guys I highly recommend having a fire extinguisher in the car with you at all times.

Third, cup holders were installed on either side of the console for the front passengers.  They are removable if they get uncomfortable or get in the way, or I want to take them off for a car show.

Fourth, another cigarette lighter/power adapter was added to the console facing the rear passengers (not seen in any of the photos). This will allow my wife or son to charge their cell phone/iPad while I can use the stock cigarette lighter for my Garmin.

attachicon.gifIMG_2959-A.jpg

Fifth, I had the stock automatic transmission shifter replaced with my period correct Hurst His/Hers Dual gate shifter. You "old" guys will notice that the cover plate is autographed by both Linda Vaughn ("Miss Hurst" herself) and Doc Watson.

attachicon.gifIMG_2960-A.jpg

Sixth, I installed my honeycomb grilles into Lucy.

attachicon.gifIMG_2955.JPG

Finally, I had the headrests covered with matching blue piping and custom embroidery. I got the idea on the headrest from a Buick GS convertible I had seen in Charleston WV 18 months.ago. It had the GS logo on the headrests.

attachicon.gifIMG_2956-A.jpg

Now in case you've never heard of "The Jury", there were 25 made, in Canada only, in 1970 by Stampede Pontiac in Calgary Alberta. They were all silver '70 Lemans with blue interiors, 350 V8s, '69 GTO rear spoilers, a diagonal stripe (similar to the Mopar bumble bee stripe) with a flaming meatball "The Jury" logo in it.

This Jury is a bit of a tribute. This Jury logo looks nothing like the flaming meatball. It is a complete one off. This logo was designed for me by Mr. Paul Deesen. Paul is a retired Pontiac and GM designer, and he is a fellow Michigan Widetracker. I asked him to design the logo for me as if GM were going to produce "The Jury" as a companion car to the "Judge". This is what he came up with. If you've seen the GTO crest, you've seen Paul's work. If you've seen an S-10 Blazer, Paul designed the first one. Paul also did designs for Buick and Oldsmobile.

Way cool Frosty... Lucy's gonna knock 'em dead!   :dancingpontiac:  :FULL OF WIN !:   :dancingpontiac:

Sorry, It's a thing with us peeps that have engines exposed to the weather.   :slap:  :dancingpontiac:

Perhaps it could be considered water injection then?????  :rofl:  :rofl:

Sounds like a personal problem :P:lol:

Way cool Frosty... Lucy's gonna knock 'em dead!   :dancingpontiac:  :FULL OF WIN !:   :dancingpontiac:

Thanks Stratman!

:rofl: or just locked engine :lol:

It's the Mallory Light trigger distributor, even with a surge protector,  get it wet and it's gonna cost me $115.00 to replace the module before it'll drive home!   :slap:

• Founders

Finally got time to take the G6 in for all it's recalls and it's taken them all day today and won't be ready till tomorrow :( 

Not that I need it as I can drive the Camaro and work at home now but hate having it gone :(

Sorry, It's a thing with us peeps that have engines exposed to the weather.   :slap:  :dancingpontiac:

isnt that "liquid cooling"?

Finally got time to take the G6 in for all it's recalls and it's taken them all day today and won't be ready till tomorrow :(

Not that I need it as I can drive the Camaro and work at home now but hate having it gone :(

about time.

I'm a busy guy, gotta run this forum and stuff

:rolleyes: the site can manage itself.  besides, you have notallthere ready to get behind the wheel...and drive it off a cliff. :lol:

isnt that "liquid cooling"?

about time.

Whatta noob...That's liquid cooling for me as I push it home. :drool:  :lol2:

OK - so in this context, what is the difference between liquid cooling and liquid refreshment?   :bump:

While at the show Saturday, I was talkin with a guy about my windshield, scratches N starting to bubble.  Another guy was standing there and chimed in thats what I do.  He called me back last night with a $225.00 price, including install at my house!  There goes my QA1 money.

OK - so in this context, what is the difference between liquid cooling and liquid refreshment?   :bump:

Liquid cooling comes from the sky, Liquid refreshment comes from whomever I send on a BEER run.

• Like 1

Liquid cooling comes from the sky, Liquid refreshment comes from whomever I send on a BEER run.

Now that makes PERFECT sense !

Bee double-E double-R U N !!! Beer Run !!!!  :lol2:

Wait I have permission to drive something off a cliff.  I am in. 

Frosty damn buddy.  We need to hang out more.

All I did was oil change the Fiero and finish boxing the frame on the chevelle. 

Wait I have permission to drive something off a cliff.  I am in. 

Frosty damn buddy.  We need to hang out more.

All I did was oil change the Fiero and finish boxing the frame on the chevelle. 

Why don't we hang out on Saturday ? killer will let you man handle his van.