Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Why does everything have to be filled with drama?  Sunbird was cleaned N detailed until dark and when backing in the garage, noticed gas leaking from my crossover pipe on the carb. Sunbird was the weapon of choice hangin with the exotic's. Was at local parts @ 7:45 and the guys let me in when they got there. On my way home with new seals before 8am. Tore the carb apart and fired it up while picking up my tools...No leaks, I'm outta here.  Made all 3 stops on the cruise including sitting throught and participating in the parade downtown Oxford before we ended up at the show. Great time. Enjoying the cruise on the way home until the windshield startin getting wet.  WTF?  gas is leaking again on the hood, windshield, roof...alll the way to the back. Got it home and quickly cleaned the mess off my paint only to find the damn gas etched its way into the plastic of my hood.  Bought new seals again and installed to have it leak worse then before.  Inspecting closer, the tube is slightly bent.  Ordered new one. GTO parts arrived Tues and put that all back together again, but the Bird has the GTO blocked in. No cruise nights this week.  Was at the parts STORE AGAIN @ 8am today and HOLLEY no longer makes parts I need.  A call to Holley reveiled that was the new part I needed, but there was no new upgraded seals in the kit.  Order again.  Got mad and polished a nail down to the correct size of the tube and was able to straighten. Still AMAZED.  Went back out in search of solid seals instead of the tiny innertubes, that when punctured LEAK.  Solids work and the Bird is up N running again. Headin out to the plastic's shop to see if anything can be done to remove the stains on my hood.  NOTHING I have touches this mess, including headlight polishing kit.  This saturday is the M1 Dream Cruise kickoff party/show at the M1.  Jawdropping cars, awesome dinner and it happens to be my birthday.  Not that I count em anymore....55 with seniority!

55 with seniority or senility? I forget which is which.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

55 with seniority or senility? I forget which is which.

Both are EARNED  :bowdown: and both can be used as blanket answers while talking to STUPID people. I forget OR I've forgotton more than you'll ever know are personal fav's. :lol2:

Might be trading wheels again this weekend.

Found out info on my new to me BBS LM replicas...and they aren't STR wheels...had a wheel off for cleaning when I noticed a label on the barrel..."YSM type 944".

So I googled it...and didn't like what I saw. The YSM wheel company is just a fly by night Chinese brand that apparently will only sell wholesale...by the container full. Nothing but complaints about bent wheels and shoddy quality.

I put up the wheels for trade on a few local wheel groups. Found somebody who wants to trade. I'll be going back to 17" wheels, but it's a splitspoke design in matte bronze. Proper tire size and the wheels aren't staggered, so I agreed.

Finding wheels out here can be sketchy. But, that's apart of the adventure I suppose.

Sweet Odin, I hate the locals by me...finding a set of used wheels and tires is like pulling teeth from a shark.

Six people wanted to trade for my current set of wheels and they've all flaked. Bastards, stop wasting my time.

There's one person who seems honest, but they're a set of TSX wheels. Not exactly what I wanted, but they're decent looking OEMs. Fairly new tires as well...but if this continues I might just trade with the guy.

I had a project in mind for next season to really make my car pop, but it may just end up going to a brand new set of wheels and tires instead. But we'll see.

Off to set CAMP.  Damn tents too big to fit in cars, have to take my truck, set up N come back home for the cars.  Weather people LIE..... There will be NO RAIN today or tomorrow.

I had a project in mind for next season to really make my car pop, but it may just end up going to a brand new set of wheels and tires instead. But we'll see.

i've been looking for a set of oem 17's for mine..the 60 series sidewall is killing me in the rear of this thing..if you hit a manhole cover when going around a corner or some kind of bump the whole back shakes..

as for the outback i put some rear sway bar bushings in it and had one of the key's with the remote fob integrated in it cut.  started de-modding some of the stuff i had on the GA..got the caspers fan wiring almost out..

Just found out I have a slightly bent wheel on the G6 so just ordered some aftermarket wheels and some new tires since I need some as well.

what did you get or is it a secret? and i finally picked up some of my parts on Wednesday. sadly that is when my pain started and continued til today. and probably wont touch them for a few days. :(

Killed the battery in the Phoenix trying to start her. Put it on charge, came back, dumped a crap ton of gasoline in the carb and tried again. Ran for about 30 seconds and died. Did it again and she finally ran on her own gasoline. Blowing smoke out the back, gas in the tank is pretty old. I wanted to warm the engine up for a oil change. 

The belt that runs from the Crank to Fan to Alt is sqeaking bad now. I loosened it to see if the Alt was resisting, but it still spun freely with a flick of the finger. Whadda suppos it could be? Fan hub? Are they sealed bearings?