Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Need to detail Sparky this weekend, the wax on it is finally starting to give up after two years. Auto Glym is quite impressive.

Also need to get the car on a lift this weekend at work, I believe a heat shield has come loose by the downpipe. It rattles when the car starts up, and when it's hot.

Last week the passenger side window motor died on me, and like every window motor, they decide to kick the bucket halfway going up. Find an aftermarket motor with a regulator on Rock Auto for $61 shipped, arrived at my apartment in two days. Took 15 minutes to install too, who knew they were a piece of cake to install.

Almost traded my Si wheels straight for another set of wheels the other day, kid had a set of BBS LM replicas, the mesh face was gold. Would have looked great on my silver coupe...18x8.5, 35 offset with fairly new 225/40 R18 tires on them, only to find out the guy lived in upstate NY, 260 miles away. Oh well, I keep surfing for wheels.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

aw snap, Ringo is stepping it up! nice. have you taken it to the track yet? and my cars completion gets delayed yet again. relying on others sucks. :willy_nilly:

Then don't rely on others! Others suck, usually.  Worse you can do is mess up a bit. Then OTHERS can fix. Knowing whatcha doing next time = PRICELESS.  True dat.....

• Like 1

Had to bring the wifes ride home on a flatbed this AM. Broken tie rod end.  Replaced all, nailed the alignment!!!!  As I'm lone wolfin it tomorrow, don't know if I should hit the All Pontiac show with the Sunbird or take the GTO to the Carshow in conjunction with the APBA boat racing event going on (very close to home).  I'm thinkin the baddest race boats on the planet has a big edge! 

Then don't rely on others! Others suck, usually.  Worse you can do is mess up a bit. Then OTHERS can fix. Knowing whatcha doing next time = PRICELESS.  True dat.....

believe me, i would if i could. and do try when possible. but im no upholsterer, body guy, painter, fabricator. gotta rely on the pros for now. then if someone with deep pockets rolls in, wait time gets extended. now jus hoping i get it done at the end of the month.

believe me, i would if i could. and do try when possible. but im no upholsterer, body guy, painter, fabricator. gotta rely on the pros for now. then if someone with deep pockets rolls in, wait time gets extended. now jus hoping i get it done at the end of the month.

I've always had more time than $$$.  Much seems intimidating, but esp today, you can research most anything and find U-tube vids. The money spent on correct tools is an added cost, but rarely cost more than paying someone else.  There are always somethings better left to the pro's. Upholstery is an artform, wouldn't claim to be able to sew.  But at a cost of over $1000.00 per seat for new, when building the GTO.  For half that cost I jumped in over my head, without much of a clue and bought all needed materials to do my own seats.  I look at them and stare at the the LIL lump in one seat and a small pucker in the other, but ya know, nobody has ever pointed it out and said that sucked. Body, paint ect. If ya know it's gotta go in to a shop anyway, try your hand at it.  Ya can't screw up anything that can't be fixed. If you nail it, you proudly saved yourself some bucks and added to the database between your ears!

Fixed the rattle underneath the coupe. Sure enough it was the shield for the main catalytic converter. Took two heavy duty hose clamps, combined them for one to fit the diameter of the cat, tightened it down and no more noise! I love it when $4 fixes an issue on your car.

Fixed the rattle underneath the coupe. Sure enough it was the shield for the main catalytic converter. Took two heavy duty hose clamps, combined them for one to fit the diameter of the cat, tightened it down and no more noise! I love it when $4 fixes an issue on your car.

Very rare, enjoy the CHEAP ones.

Very rare, enjoy the CHEAP ones.

Considering my coupe has only really costed me $200 in repairs in over two years so far, I rather did enjoy a simple fix this time. :lol:

Have not been to the track yet :(

take it. feel that before and after change.

• Like 1

So Sunday I ended up trading my Si wheels for these:

A9BseYP.jpg

yLxPYi6.jpg

Don't mind the BBS centercaps, they're being replaced soon.

They're STR 601s (BBS LM replicas)

18x8.5

+35 offset

They sit great but need a small amount of TLC. I needed a project anyway.

well i sold the carbon fiber hood off the GA and put the perrin front sway bar end links on the Outback..

probably the last pic i will have of that hood..waiting for the person who bought it to pick it up..

20150719_114026.jpg

Took the Envoy in for service today: bad lower ball joints and tie rod ends, a service tire monitor warning, and replacement of the A/C belt.

Took Lucy into the body shop today for an estimate and appoint to have the underside of the hood repainted. After 20 years, I noticed the paint was delaminating at the Dustoff. I will take it in after Woodward.

Ordered new pawls N clips for the GTO.  $15.00 in tiny parts and $11.00 to ship from AMES.  BUT they were less than half the price from OPG.  Hope they will be here for the weekend so we can take both cars on the M1 run to Oxford Saturday.  Crusing with the exotic's.  Should be interesting.  1st time for the Sunbird at an M1 "judged" event. 

Ordered new pawls N clips for the GTO.  $15.00 in tiny parts and $11.00 to ship from AMES.  BUT they were less than half the price from OPG.  Hope they will be here for the weekend so we can take both cars on the M1 run to Oxford Saturday.  Crusing with the exotic's.  Should be interesting.  1st time for the Sunbird at an M1 "judged" event.

Could you have run down to NPD and get them or don't they stock these parts?

NPD didn't even carry.  I know you have been down there and I've passed it many times. But that's still an hour ride one way and more than shipping cost in gas.  Can't believe Mazza's can't even order what I need.  Everyone carry's locksets. But try and get whatcha need.....

Took the Envoy in for service today: bad lower ball joints and tie rod ends, a service tire monitor warning, and replacement of the A/C belt.

Took Lucy into the body shop today for an estimate and appoint to have the underside of the hood repainted. After 20 years, I noticed the paint was delaminating at the Dustoff. I will take it in after Woodward.

Got the Envoy back yesterday. Lower ball joints were bad, along with the inner and outer tie rod ends.

Was assured from Ames I'd have my GTO parts by Friday.  Now it's tue's.  Guess Momma will stay home or ride with me Sat for the M1 cruise to the Oxford show with a couple stops.  Bettin she wants no part of parking lots this weekend.  The lone wolf howls....

Why does everything have to be filled with drama?  Sunbird was cleaned N detailed until dark and when backing in the garage, noticed gas leaking from my crossover pipe on the carb. Sunbird was the weapon of choice hangin with the exotic's. Was at local parts @ 7:45 and the guys let me in when they got there. On my way home with new seals before 8am. Tore the carb apart and fired it up while picking up my tools...No leaks, I'm outta here.  Made all 3 stops on the cruise including sitting throught and participating in the parade downtown Oxford before we ended up at the show. Great time. Enjoying the cruise on the way home until the windshield startin getting wet.  WTF?  gas is leaking again on the hood, windshield, roof...alll the way to the back. Got it home and quickly cleaned the mess off my paint only to find the damn gas etched its way into the plastic of my hood.  Bought new seals again and installed to have it leak worse then before.  Inspecting closer, the tube is slightly bent.  Ordered new one. GTO parts arrived Tues and put that all back together again, but the Bird has the GTO blocked in. No cruise nights this week.  Was at the parts STORE AGAIN @ 8am today and HOLLEY no longer makes parts I need.  A call to Holley reveiled that was the new part I needed, but there was no new upgraded seals in the kit.  Order again.  Got mad and polished a nail down to the correct size of the tube and was able to straighten. Still AMAZED.  Went back out in search of solid seals instead of the tiny innertubes, that when punctured LEAK.  Solids work and the Bird is up N running again. Headin out to the plastic's shop to see if anything can be done to remove the stains on my hood.  NOTHING I have touches this mess, including headlight polishing kit.  This saturday is the M1 Dream Cruise kickoff party/show at the M1.  Jawdropping cars, awesome dinner and it happens to be my birthday.  Not that I count em anymore....55 with seniority!

• Like 1