Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

So there I was in a foreign land. So far from home and the familiar sounds of Canuckistan and people who drive like crap. I met this guy who seemed nice at first but I think he had an alternate motive for me. He used his rapier wit and charm and enticed me to breakfast. This is not all that he had in mind tho, he wanted more, much more. After the first cup of coffee I felt a little giddy, and the second one I was subject to his charm, by the third one I would do anything. Even compromise my morals and body. He got me into his car and the smell of leather hit me like a drunk biker at a truck stop but I got in anyway. I should have know that he wanted to use me for more than just casual conversation. We went to a storage yard and around a corner out of the peering eyes of the highway, the cameras and the neighbours. At this point my legs were weak and the cold was getting to me. He lifted the door to the storage locker and there it was sitting there waiting for me.......... a Pontiac Lemans.

The jerk just wanted to put me to work on his car damn it.

You can't rape the willing Buckwheat!!! Get over it, and you are the one who took a picture of my arse and sent it to your wife - knowing full well she was hung over from the night before down in Nashville and wondering why the hell am I looking at Frosty's arse today in the first place? Besides, I paid for your breakfast and you choose the restaurant. You were the one texting me in the parking lot telling me what a fine specimen I am !!!!! So who had thoughts of taking advantage of who first mister? You're just upset that mine where purely platonic.

Admit it, heated leather seats gets you all excited anyways!

I even gave you your damn Christmas present and I didn't even have to kiss you. Frankly, I think its a win-win all the way around Mr. Do-right!

I am so envious/jealous of Frosty/JUSTA/notallthere and your mad mechanic skills! :dancingpontiac:

Thank buddy - we do try to share what we collectively know and past it along.

Black Betty and I will go kicking and screaming into winter and refuse to be put away just yet! Cleaned and shined Betty today and me and the Mrs. went cruisin'!

Today001_zps7fc34722.jpg

We are envious of you having the good weather to keep Black Beauty out on the road this late into the year period. We've had a couple of small snow storms already and road salt is everywhere. Its definitely not the kind of conditions you'd want to take Black Beauty into. So count your cruising blessing while you can, my friend.

So the next A&W or soda stand you stop at, have a root beer float and think of us up north that can't be cruising around right now and hoist one for us!

Met notallthere for breakfast this morning and since he had plenty of time to kill before his wife's plane landed at Detroit Metro airport, I recruited him to help me swap out the rear sway bar on the Lemans right after breakfast. We removed the stock 7/8" sway bar with the beefer 1" unit from Addco that I picked up last August from National Parts Depot.

It took us about 20-30 minutes in and out, only 4 Grade 8 bolts and some shims. We spent almost as much time jacking up the car and lowering it as we did actually loosening and tightening the bolts. God I love my cordless impact gun !

Now notallthere has an early Christmas present for the FrankenChevelle! I think this technically means he can add another car to the parts count too.

And JUSTA, I forgot the Sta-Bil again! Dang it! :blink:

Too funny. I passed NPD and was talkin to the wife about your trip before the Sellers show. Continued to Metro to pick up the grandson and return him to school in Bowling Green, Ohio.

I think you, me, notallthere, and Indymanjoe need to meet this winter for lunch or dinner some weekend at Vinsetta's Garage and check out the vittles. If there is an NPD run in the works, so much the better.

Grand Prix is all screwed up. Wipers aren't resetting back down and don't stay synchronized with the delay setting. TPMS is yelling at me. Wheel bearing is also yelling at me. DIC just told me "Charging System Failure". Thermostat is stuck open.

:nuts::nuts::nuts:

I am helping a buddy of mine order a new 2015 Corvette Stingray thru my ex-brother-in-law, who is a Chevy salesman. My buddy wants it delivered to the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green in the spring. I might have to do a little spring road trip to Kenuckistan.

Convertible - black top, Z51, 3LT package, paddle shift 8-speed automatic, LT1 motor, Crystal Red Tincoat color, magnetic selective ride control, Kalahari leather seats, 19" chrome wheels.

• Founders

I am helping a buddy of mine order a new 2015 Corvette Stingray thru my ex-brother-in-law, who is a Chevy salesman. My buddy wants it delivered to the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green in the spring. I might have to do a little spring road trip to Kenuckistan.

Convertible - black top, Z51, 3LT package, paddle shift 8-speed automatic, LT1 motor, Crystal Red Tincoat color, magnetic selective ride control, Kalahari leather seats, 19" chrome wheels.

Sounds awesome! Why no Z06 though?!

Two reasons, I don't think he is very interested in it since he selected the LT1 over the Z06 in the first place, and second a Vette with a Z06 is not available on a GM discount yet.

Still 455 HP out of the LT1 should still be plenty of gitty-up-n-go.

• Founders

Two reasons, I don't think he is very interested in it since he selected the LT1 over the Z06 in the first place, and second a Vette with a Z06 is not available on a GM discount yet.

True and true. Still one hell of a ride!

• 2 weeks later...

The discount paperwork has come in. The option sheet has been checked off. My buddy is asking for early May delivery at the National Corvette Museum (option R8C). With that option, it comes with a personal guided VIP tour of the Corvette assembly plant across the street as part of the delivery package. So I guess I am going to Bowling Green in the spring.

Yahooo!!!!! :clapping::bacon::driving::willy_nilly::drool::naughty::Pedobear:

Damn straight....I've been to the Corvette Museum twice before, but the last time was in 2002 with my dad, on my way to Cruisin' The Coast in Biloxi Mississippi with the Lemans. I've never been inside the Corvette plant or taken the tour. Of course, I've been in a lot of other assembly plants though.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed some new Weather Tech front and back custom fit floor mats for the Envoy that I got for Christmas. Then I cleaned the seats, dash, and console with some of the 303 Products Fabric & Vinyl Interior Cleaner I had from winning Ride of the Month back in 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked at my tires on the GP today. The front ones are as bald as perhaps one of the older members of FP ^_^. This is what I get when I don't rotate my tires. The rear tires still look new. Now in the snow I have crap traction haha. On top of that I need to get the wheel bearings replaced, radiator flush and possibly new thermostat. Of course now this winter freeze is in effect and I have no warm place to work.

Couple weeks from now I'll be watching over the farm while my boss is on vacation which means I have access to his truck (2004 Ram 3500 dump). That also means I'll have a very large shop to work in. Fingers crossed! Hopefully my car stays together until then!