Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Just found my spare hydraulic hoses for the hood.......Yeesssss.   Was working on a used generator I bought today.  Dirty, been stored for years.  Yea, he didn't have any gas to start it.  It's been sittin for years.  Is what it is for $150.  Naw I brought gas.  Not interested if it don't work.  NOT my 1st rodeo.  Pulled the plug, didn't look bad, wire brushed it.  Turkey baster drops in some gas. Lil for the tank N she fires right off.  Plug in a drill I brought....not working no power.  Wow my brother brought this over and we couldn't get it started, it's been here ever since.  Gen part is not cheap to work on.  I'm thinkin....running motor for mine that quit over the 4th weekend.  What's your bottom line?  $45.,  ripped off two 20's, he said good enough.  Brought it home, cleaned it up, drop more gas in it.  Here is reason for this story.  Old trick on generators that sit for awhile.  The magnetic power created in the gen will have some trickle that will always be there stored.  As with any magnet, will lose strength after awhile.  You can jumpstart the gen by starting it, plug in a drill.  Now turn the drill as fast as you can by hand.  (use a glove as most have the gear edges)  the drill will create a trickle charge and when it builds up enough, the drill will kick on. So you have to be careful.  Sure enough, got it to work and after plugging it in a couple times, got the drill to operate at full speed.  Plugged in tools on each power plug and let er run.  Works fine and now have a generator that I can leave at the cabin instead of haulin it back N forth.  If someone breaks in and takes it....I have $40 into it and won't loose any sleep.  Been a GOOD day!😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Thats justa cool bro! Wish I had room for something that size man!!!

11 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Thats justa cool bro! Wish I had room for something that size man!!!

Check a rental company near you.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice lift/shop.  Good to hear from ya.  Hangin with your son is always quality time well spent. They are the future of our obsession.  Glad he's a Pontiac man:indian:

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, BearGFR said:

What did I/we do today?

My older son and I are about halfway through rebuilding the rear suspension on his '86 Fiero GT.  Struts, urethane control arm bushings, ball joints, tie-rod end boots, brake pads, new braided steel flex hoses.

I tell you, whoever designed the access points for the rear control arm pivot bolts needs to be horse-whipped.

Bear

PXL_20220805_230112902.jpg

Bear I just got thru doing the suspension. 

39E27EAA-7CE5-45B1-B336-0BF8D3841F4D.jpeg

• Like 2

Speaking of suspension work, I bought a set of Aldan All American coilover adjustable shocks for the front of my Bonney! They are listed on their website as vehicle specific 1964 Pontiac Bonneville either a 450 lb. spring rate or 550lb. spring weight. I went with the heavier 550's ! Got them installed before York NSRA and they seemed fine, but I had a squeak in the front. Well, I figured out that I needed upper control arm bushings !! My mechanic, helper couldn't get them in till after Columbus Goodguys so I drove anyways and had no problems! We put in the bushings and lowered the car and still had an awful sqwak, squeak in the front end. We took it all apart and found the the coilover spring was hitting the tabs that center spring in the upper pocket!! The sent the wrong springs! So after several phone calls and explaining they sent me another set of coil springs! Tore it apart and grabbed the new springs and YEAP The same ones as before. Well nasty e-mail, several phone calls, they called me back and basically admitted they don't make the right spring! Needs to be 4" inside diameter to fit in the pocket!  They were going to send me an adapter that may work?? Then they called me back and said they have a Truck spring that has a 4.1" inside diameter, same length, same spring weight ! I told them to send those and Now I wait for them to get here! Of course they put a charge on my credit card and they will credit it back when I send the wrong springs back!! So I guess I'm the only guy in the world that has bought a set of these coilovers, because this is the First that they have heard of it. I'll be contacting Summitt Racing ( who I bought them through to start with ) and explain the situation with hopes that they will correct the Problem.  I'll let you know how the new Truck spring fits !!  

On another note I just tore the A/C duct work out from under my dash!! Went to Buffalo,NY yesterday for a car show with friends and traveling up the thruway, 70-72 mph air blowing cold, stereo blasting everything is fine! Stop to get gas and went in to P and came back out opened the door and the smoke is just rolling out of the car ! Damn! Didn't smell like burnt stuff then I spotted the Green stuff on the passenger floor ! Hose/ crimp gave out! This is a Vintage air unit and it is a tight fit and this hose is a bear to get out! So the 72 year old kid will be under the dash removing the hose and hope to get a new one made up next week!! FUN ! 

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, BearGFR said:

Thanks for the kind words.  I just thought those control arms were bad, but the rear disc calipers must have heard me and said, "Oh yeah?  Hold our beer and watch this..."  With fresh pads, getting them fit over the rotors proved to be "a challenge".   But we eventually got them on.   It's back together, but with fresh struts it's in desperate need of a 4-wheel alignment.  It'll probably be going down the road sideways on the way to the shop. :D

Yeah, my son's a car guy too.  He's planning to do an engine swap on this one sometime in the future.  It's got the little V6 already but he's been leaning towards going to a blown 3800.

I don't get to see him except for a few weeks during the summer, sometimes around Christmas - he's an "international" music teacher.  He's currently in Ecuador with his wife.  She's a freelance editor.

Bear

Blown 3800 would be pretty impressive for power to weight ratio. Plus there are quite a few upgrades you can do to up that power plant as well! 
And a good time will be had by all! 😁

• Haha 2

When things are good, they are really really good.  When things go bad......      Long as ya got home safely to play another day.   Good luck with your projects.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sorry I missed you. Frosty wanted me to cruise up there with him to meet you.  Had an insurance inspector stopping by after the storm we had.  We need to get you here for Woodward.  Glad you had a good time, Frankenmuth always rocks. 

• 1 month later...

Hey Frosty, Hope all is going well for you!!  I'm looking for a couple of the single wire metal instrument cluster bulb sockets !!

I went to Fall Hershey and had a great time, but also a Senior Moment and never looked for any!🤪 If anybody has just a couple I will be happy to pay!

Thanks, Wayne

Dude! Good to hear from you. I'll bet Hershey was awesome this year. I've been once but it always conflicts with my Charleston WV car show. I remember how huge it was. If you are looking for anything pre-60 its probably there. If you were looking for anything pre-WWII its there or it was never made.

Are you looking for bulb retainers that go into the instrument cluster / plastic circuit board or are these for standalone retainers for a separate vacuum gauge or tach gauge pod?