Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

TranzAm69's 1964 GTO

2022 May
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

What did you do to your Car today?

• 1 month later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Can't wait to see what 360Rocket does with this Judge!

• Like 1

Man I feel your pain!! Been there and done that, but the long drive will help him chill out!! If he has any problems that might happen near me let me know !!

Wayne

Here is what my buddy's '51 looks like on the outside and the inside. Yes, there are ghost flames in the paint job. That's an Oldsmobile steering column and steering wheel. You can see, somewhat, just exactly what I was dealing with from a wiring perspective too.

IMG_6675.thumb.JPG.03ca742cc47978fec4f661398adf6e49.JPGIMG_6676.thumb.JPG.821334f27f05372a4ed0b4466a51faee.JPGIMG_6677.thumb.JPG.0afaf0947244c140742c5d745b99f35c.JPGIMG_6678.thumb.JPG.1e86a866b004f2c588c364fd16d29753.JPGIMG_6679.thumb.JPG.e8d8ccfb987caf1878707f0ba3c0e9f5.JPGIMG_6680.thumb.JPG.7bc6010fd86b8def13dc8a4dde1bb1ac.JPGIMG_6681.thumb.JPG.7af3c38069df5a73716760f4ca669ef1.JPG

• Like 1

wow!!! that is one cool 51!! you certainly had your work cut out for you doing work on a custom mate! 

i can see that big console in the middle, clearly some one didnt think when they put the fuse panel in the middle of the car !

i am with you, stick it under the dash left or right so you can get too it !

• Like 1

Thanks Kiwi. It was a huge PITA to get to. Barely any room to stick your hand in their to replace a fuse or run the auxiliary wire to power the power driver's seat. I still have to run new speaker wire to the rear speakers later this summer. Oh what fun that should be....the wiring in that console is a serious hack job.

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

Thanks Kiwi. It was a huge PITA to get to. Barely any room to stick your hand in their to replace a fuse or run the auxiliary wire to power the power driver's seat. I still have to run new speaker wire to the rear speakers later this summer. Oh what fun that should be....the wiring in that console is a serious hack job.

i would pull the console to make it easier to get your wires to the back 

• Like 1

THe console is easy. It lifts upwards except when it comes close the A/C unit. It was built to spec for sure! There are cut out holes between the carpet and the bottom of the console to run wires to the radio but without removing the shifter completely, it's tough but not impossible to fish wires in and out of.

My biggest future challenge is how to run the new rear speaker wire since the carpet is all glued down. I suspect it will be run along and under the rocker cover panels, up under the dash, to the console, to the radio.