Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

GM called and I'm at the Spring Hill Plant.  We have several construction projects going down here.

I'll be in town every three weeks so hopefully I'll see you guys at least once.

I like the Roadmonster name.  It would be cool if you could get that made into a badge that matches the stock badges

• Like 1

Let us know when you are in town. If there is nothing going on perhaps we can arrange a little get together. An FP cruise in fact.....hmmmm.  :driving:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 11:13 PM, Frosty said:

Wayne - check out Octane Lighting on the Internet and on Amazon. Those same bulbs should fit your Bonnie!  Runs about $200 for the whole set - with two low beams and two hi beams.

Frosty, I bought the unit for my Bonneville, but man am I confused? The headlights have bulbs already in them, and separate bulbs also. They say drill a hole in back of headlights?? Give me alittle guidence when you get a chance!  

Thanks, Wayne

21 hours ago, wdl182 said:

Frosty, I bought the unit for my Bonneville, but man am I confused? The headlights have bulbs already in them, and separate bulbs also. They say drill a hole in back of headlights?? Give me alittle guidence when you get a chance!  

Thanks, Wayne

Okay I figured it out with a little help from Octane! They sent the HID kit which is a Bear to install, instead of the LED kit. I've sent back the wiring for the HID and they will send me the Plug and play LED!! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I forgot about my new purchase @ the Dustoff.  A Pontiac 421 sign.  Looks good layin over my latch or I could attach to the metal under my hood. Whatcha think? Had to have, never seen one before.

Here is a link to the vendor at the swap meet for the Dustoff show. Dave Leash.

[email protected]

So I got a gift card for fathers day to Jegs and bought 2 of the 4 Cragar knockoff spinners I wanted.  Was 1st in sticker shock for the price of 2, but once they arrived I'm downright pissed they have made in CHINA on em.....WTF?

DSC_1265.JPG

DSC_1266.JPG

image.png.a43fae77ad702077ddf9833ad669f1dd.png

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2021 at 7:37 PM, wdl182 said:

Thanks, Wayne

Sorry I missed your comment Wayne. So have you got the new LED kit from Octane now? If so, how does it look?

On 7/12/2021 at 8:50 AM, Frosty said:

Sorry I missed your comment Wayne. So have you got the new LED kit from Octane now? If so, how does it look?

No I haven't they recieved the HID's on Monday the 5th, but said they don't process returns till Friday??? They shipped LED's on Monday the 12th so I'm waiting! Maybe I'll have them for Frankenmuth!!🤣

You are coming to the Frankenmuth Autofest this year? :blink: That's about 35-40 minutes from my house.

Edited by Frosty

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 8:50 AM, Frosty said:

Frosty, I just got the box open and what they sent me doesn't look like yours! One of the bulbs was cracked and I tried to call them and all I get is message to push 1,2,3,ect. when I do I get a recording that the mailbox has not been set up and cant take messages and then hangs up!! I hope they didn't go out of business. What a pain in the ass. If it could happen to someone IT'S ME !! I'll send a picture as soon as it loads to my computer. send me a text 5857274739 and I'll show you faster!

On 7/14/2021 at 9:25 AM, Frosty said:

You are coming to the Frankenmuth Autofest this year? :blink: That's about 35-40 minutes from my house.

I have rooms at Birch Run, depends on our moving situation!!

5 hours ago, wdl182 said:

Frosty, I just got the box open and what they sent me doesn't look like yours! One of the bulbs was cracked and I tried to call them and all I get is message to push 1,2,3,ect. when I do I get a recording that the mailbox has not been set up and cant take messages and then hangs up!! I hope they didn't go out of business. What a pain in the ass. If it could happen to someone IT'S ME !! I'll send a picture as soon as it loads to my computer. send me a text 5857274739 and I'll show you faster!

IMG_3854.jpg

Got a round to adding the Cragar bling and some serious cleaning/polishing on the rims while they were off.  Kinda hard to see the knockoffs, but man do they throw light at night. 

DSC_1277.JPG

DSC_1276.JPG

DSC_1273.JPG

DSC_1275.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Got a round to adding the Cragar bling and some serious cleaning/polishing on the rims while they were off.  Kinda hard to see the knockoffs, but man do they throw light at night. 

DSC_1277.JPG

DSC_1276.JPG

DSC_1273.JPG

DSC_1275.JPG

Nice 👍👍👍

can’t beat chrome 🍻🍻🍻

• Thanks 1

Cragars DO look great, no doubt about it. And made in China? Don't be surprised. My Torq Thrusts also came from China, but I knew that before I ordered them.

• Sad 2

Ok, so the wifes 55th class reunion is today.  Yep, it's the CLASS of 66 from PONTIAC Northern.  Guess what we are drivin??:pontiac:

I'm from the crosstown rivals.....PONTIAC Central Chiefs. :indian:  Weather is suppose to be perfect today for showin off the new Cragar bling.

Edited by JUSTA6

5 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Ok, so the wifes 55th class reunion is today.  Yep, it's the CLASS of 66 from PONTIAC Northern.  Guess what we are drivin??:pontiac:

I'm from the crosstown rivals.....PONTIAC Central Chiefs. :indian:  Weather is suppose to be perfect today for showin off the new Cragar bling.

You know love pictures around here JustA 👍👍👍

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

You know love pictures around here JustA 👍👍👍

You know me too well.:rofl:  I go to a reunion and take pic's of Pontiac's.  One of the guys from the class brought his Solstice.  (think I talked him into joining the Widetrackers) Then spend the rest of the time talkin with every guy there about the GTO.😎   Most all having Pontiac car stories themselves.   I had fun...Hope the wife did at her reunion. :slap:  Weather was perfect, on the way home seems like everyone we passed was waving or thumbs up.  Made a cruise through downtown Clarkston which has many outdoor resturants and enjoyed all the attention.  So made a cruise through Waterford and took the long way home.   Was a great PONTIAC fix.

DSC_1282.JPG

DSC_1283.JPG

DSC_1284.JPG

On 7/29/2021 at 1:32 PM, wdl182 said:

Good to know you are staying in Birch Run, that's a few miles from the show. Good deal. Beware the outlet mall!!! It will suck your wife and your wallet in and they won't come out! LOL!

Those are definitely not the same items I ordered. I still have the boxes - do you want me to pull the part numbers off of them for you?

I don't know what to tell you about contacting the company......that just pisses me off!

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

Good to know you are staying in Birch Run, that's a few miles from the show. Good deal. Beware the outlet mall!!! It will suck your wife and your wallet in and they won't come out! LOL!

Those are definitely not the same items I ordered. I still have the boxes - do you want me to pull the part numbers off of them for you?

I don't know what to tell you about contacting the company......that just pisses me off!

They finally emailed me and said that what was cracked was the cover that are suppose to be removed from bulbs? ok I'll go with that, but I can't plug into the blue white bulbs that came with the kit, so I'll have to use the super bright bulbs that are attached to the kit I received and they look like they are permanently attached? I tried to get one bulb off but no moving so I didn't force the issue. I have not installed yet, but when I do I'll let you know. In the process of moving so things are hectic!!

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

Sorry you are having all this fuss - in addition to the pains of moving. Mine was easy peasy.

I literally just plugged them in and bolted them in.

20 hours ago, Frosty said:

Sorry you are having all this fuss - in addition to the pains of moving. Mine was easy peasy.

I literally just plugged them in and bolted them in.

I thought that was what I was getting!! Did you use the bulbs that came in your headlights or change to the ones that were in the kit

On 7/14/2021 at 9:25 AM, Frosty said:

Well I'm still planning to will be sure when it gets closer!! Have rooms, but not a wife deal! She hates car shows!😝

14 hours ago, wdl182 said:

I thought that was what I was getting!! Did you use the bulbs that came in your headlights or change to the ones that were in the kit

Well I'm still planning to will be sure when it gets closer!! Have rooms, but not a wife deal! She hates car shows!😝

Mine came with only one set of bulbs and no extras (they are H4s), and they were pre-loaded into the bulb assembly. All I had to do was plug them into the harness and screw the bulb into the stock headlight mounting assembly.

Well besides the outlet mall in Birch Run, there is plenty of shopping she can do in downtown Frankenmuth. It is a pure tourist trap town with German food, stores, etc. So she can shop tell she drops and you can still enjoy the car show. The only warning I will give you is if she gets into Bronners - you and the credit card are doomed! Bronner's is a year-round Christmas store. It's massive. You can't believe there is that much Christmas sh*t under one roof except at the North Pole! 

True story - my boss moved from Kansas to Michigan. A few weeks ago was the first time they visited Frankenmuth. His wife LOVES Christmas. They spent over $700, over 2 days, and filled 2 vehicles with Christmas stuff. So I warn you now!!!!

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1