Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

Well besides the outlet mall in Birch Run, there is plenty of shopping she can do in downtown Frankenmuth. It is a pure tourist trap town with German food, stores, etc. So she can shop tell she drops and you can still enjoy the car show. The only warning I will give you is if she gets into Bronners - you and the credit card are doomed! Bronner's is a year-round Christmas store. It's massive. You can't believe there is that much Christmas sh*t under one roof except at the North Pole! 

True story - my boss moved from Kansas to Michigan. A few weeks ago was the first time they visited Frankenmuth. His wife LOVES Christmas. They spent over $700, over 2 days, and filled 2 vehicles with Christmas stuff. So I warn you now!!!!

oh Frosty!! dont tell my wife about that shop!!! she would be on a plane today!!!! she is a Christmas addict too !!:stars:

• Haha 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

Mine came with only one set of bulbs and no extras (they are H4s), and they were pre-loaded into the bulb assembly. All I had to do was plug them into the harness and screw the bulb into the stock headlight mounting assembly.

Well besides the outlet mall in Birch Run, there is plenty of shopping she can do in downtown Frankenmuth. It is a pure tourist trap town with German food, stores, etc. So she can shop tell she drops and you can still enjoy the car show. The only warning I will give you is if she gets into Bronners - you and the credit card are doomed! Bronner's is a year-round Christmas store. It's massive. You can't believe there is that much Christmas sh*t under one roof except at the North Pole! 

True story - my boss moved from Kansas to Michigan. A few weeks ago was the first time they visited Frankenmuth. His wife LOVES Christmas. They spent over $700, over 2 days, and filled 2 vehicles with Christmas stuff. So I warn you now!!!!

All true N verified.  HO.....NO

I guess the thing I want to warn wdl182 about is thar Bronner's sits at the corner of Main St (M-83) and Weiss St. You have to turn right onto Weiss to go Heritage Park - where the Autofest car show is being held. So you cannot avoid seeing the store in the first place! It is the first thing you see when you come into Frankenmuth from the south. The place is freaking HUGE!

https://bronners.com/

image.thumb.png.7593f24e029b7cd69f3792d30f7609a2.png

Edited by Frosty

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

I guess the thing I want to warn wdl182 about is thar Bronner's sits at the corner of Main St (M-83) and Weiss St. You have to turn right onto Weiss to go Heritage Park - where the Autofest car show is being held. So you cannot avoid seeing the store in the first place! It is the first thing you see when you come into Frankenmuth from the south. The place is freaking HUGE!

https://bronners.com/

image.thumb.png.7593f24e029b7cd69f3792d30f7609a2.png

is that ALL a christmas shop ????

1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

is that ALL a christmas shop ????

Pretty much yes - it looks bigger on the inside too. It's lone saving grace is there is a small coffee/ snack shop in it where us doomed males can go and hide from the missus for awhile. No booze I'm afraid unless you bring your own "Irish creamer"! 

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Pretty much yes - it looks bigger on the inside too. It's lone saving grace is there is a small coffee/ snack shop in it where us doomed males can go and hide from the missus for awhile. No booze I'm afraid unless you bring your own "Irish creamer"! 

There is a brewery downtown while your walking around.  You can sample all the Frankenmuth brand beers.  Hope you have a large trunk...leave the Solstice home, bring the Torrent.😁

• Haha 1

True that JUSTA...but first you have to ESCAPE from Bronner's and THEN head into downtown Frankenmuth  AND avoid the pull of family style all-you-can-eat chicken. That gauntlet has consumed many a lesser man!

Edited by Frosty

15 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

His beer, her Christmas stuff = out, but the 1000 plus carshow throws things waaay in his favor.😎

I hate to correct bud. Frankenmuth usually draws closer to 2000-2500 cars in a good weather year. At least that's what my buddy who use to work the gate told me. Regardless it is a huge show.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

I hate to correct bud. Frankenmuth usually draws closer to 2000-2500 cars in a good weather year. At least that's what my buddy who use to work the gate told me. Regardless it is a huge show.

1000 plus gives a pretty good idea it's HUGE.......  Mich weather is always a factor.  You failed to mention Tony's as well, a must experience esp for breakfast.  Save the chicken for lunch/dinner. 

• Like 1

i forwarded the christmas shop web site to the boss. she was so impressed 

she wants to know when we are going !!!

i replied.... not this year!..

tony's sounds like fun too... i like bacon !!!:rofl:

JustA, i dont really care how many cars, justA the whole experiance is the fun bit... 

mine you tthe biggest shows i have been to in nz are like hundreds of cars not thousands !! 

mined you i did enjoy the new york motor show back in 2017. that was impressive !

i am now starting to work a plan towards a trip for next year.... so frankenmuth and woodward sound like a bit of a plan.... but i feel i will need a car... might have to call it a shopping trip !!!:clapping:

• Haha 2

JUSTA, you know what this means? It will be the FP version of Roadkill meets the Might Car Mods! God help us all! :picard:

I foresee cars, food, beer, lots of burning hydrocarbons, and a serious lack of sleep if that happens! :ORLYOwl:

I'm in! :cheers:

Edited by Frosty
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

JUSTA, you know what this means? It will be the FP version of Roadkill meets the Might Car Mods! God help us all! :picard:

I foresee cars, food, beer, lots of burning hydrocarbons, and a serious lack of sleep if that happens! :ORLYOwl:

I'm in! :cheers:

hahaha :cheers:

• Haha 2

Sounds like Wayne is an old pro around Frankenmuth.

Maybe he's Bronner's proof? Nah!

At least he knows his way around a chicken dinner and how to find the brewery!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

Sounds like Wayne is an old pro around Frankenmuth.

Maybe he's Bronner's proof? Nah!

At least he knows his way around a chicken dinner and how to find the brewery!

No I'm Bonner's Proof, but not Flea Market Proof !!🤣

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, wdl182 said:

No I'm Bonner's Proof, but not Flea Market Proof !!🤣

I'm not sure any of us are flea market proof.......:blink:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

I'm not sure any of us are flea market proof.......:blink:

Well I'll be FM proof this year! Have to pull the plug on the Muth!😒 Too much moving issues and trying to get a house ready to sell, but I will get back there!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Sorry to hear that wdl182. I was looking forward to meeting another FP'er.

Yeah so am I ! Woke up this morning to over 3" of water in my basement!! Had fire department pump it out, but lots of damage! I installed a new sump pump that I got so hope that will help!