Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 5/24/2021 at 9:11 PM, stratman said:

On 5/24/2021 at 9:11 PM, stratman said:

190733950_10220015884247275_775851597458

188752600_10220015883967268_790177531636

Stratman - is this stuff from the folks that gave you a complete detailing in Charleston WV or is this someone else’s products? Just curious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Stratman - is this stuff from the folks that gave you a complete detailing in Charleston WV or is this someone else’s products? Just curious.

Different folks. I liked the products I got in Charleston, but Chemical Guys stuff seems a lot better to me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I finally got a chance to work on Lucy yesterday. I managed to fix the dash. The right turn blinker and high beam indicators weren't working. I was able to finagle the steering column wiring harness connectors off and on. Then I check the bulbs and I ended up replacing one of the new LED bulbs in the cluster with another one once I did a bench test and it didn't light up. So now the dash is 100% working as it should, lights and all. I can now start the interior re-assembly. First I need to repaint the steering column. I scratched the crap out of it taking the dash in and out so many times.

I did a quick side job, I replaced my old 5 3/4" T3 bulbs with new halogen replacements from Octane Lighting. I ordered them directly thru their Amazon store last winter. It was a plug and play replacement. Two low beams and two hi-beams. I had never replaced the T3s in the 27 years I owned Lucy. So needless to say there was a tad bit of corrosion on the electrical connections from all those years. Low beams are 3 prong connections and hi-beams are 2-prong (although they can take a third prong if needed). You can tell the difference between T3s vs the Octane bulbs can't you? The set ran about $200 with shipping.

IMG_6146.thumb.JPG.775680e93b07f108be8fccd5242f02aa.JPG

I've owned Lucy for 27 years now, until yesterday I never removed the headlights. Just a tad bit of corrosion build up, wouldn't you say?

IMG_6148.thumb.JPG.dfcb152f1984e352f445de555a452142.JPG

Similar problem with the electrical connection. It cleaned up with a little elbow grease.

IMG_6151.thumb.JPG.549436b59997c2cbe2452b211568c4c4.JPG

High and low beam together - original Guide T3s.

IMG_6150.thumb.JPG.0d38426f522a44110142f7a36afeafff.JPG

The low beam T3 next to the Octane Lighting replacement which is a halogen replacement. It is a plug and play replacement.

IMG_6153.thumb.JPG.e81d3d73df89df64edeb84ed8f724588.JPG

T3 low and hi beam on the left and the new halogens on the right? Notice how weak the T3s look. Here is a closer look.....

IMG_6155.thumb.JPG.df3d5751219268b403e5458db13036fb.JPG

IMG_6157.thumb.JPG.c271f792ab33a519e2fb9664c42f675c.JPG

Here is the finished product.

IMG_6159.thumb.JPG.af505501c566c8fef5ca39dc210d2d23.JPG

Gonna make the dustoff?   Hey found a bottle of 303 top cleaner.  You can have it if ya want it.  

I will make the Dustoff with the Roadmonster. I have already registered it. Too much work left on the interior to get it done. With luck Lucy will be back on the road by 4th of July or the Motor City POCI show.

I will take the 303 top cleaner though. I will use it.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

I finally got a chance to work on Lucy yesterday. I managed to fix the dash. The right turn blinker and high beam indicators weren't working. I was able to finagle the steering column wiring harness connectors off and on. Then I check the bulbs and I ended up replacing one of the new LED bulbs in the cluster with another one once I did a bench test and it didn't light up. So now the dash is 100% working as it should, lights and all. I can now start the interior re-assembly. First I need to repaint the steering column. I scratched the crap out of it taking the dash in and out so many times.

I did a quick side job, I replaced my old 5 3/4" T3 bulbs with new halogen replacements from Octane Lighting. I ordered them directly thru their Amazon store last winter. It was a plug and play replacement. Two low beams and two hi-beams. I had never replaced the T3s in the 27 years I owned Lucy. So needless to say there was a tad bit of corrosion on the electrical connections from all those years. Low beams are 3 prong connections and hi-beams are 2-prong (although they can take a third prong if needed). You can tell the difference between T3s vs the Octane bulbs can't you? The set ran about $200 with shipping.

IMG_6146.thumb.JPG.775680e93b07f108be8fccd5242f02aa.JPG

I've owned Lucy for 27 years now, until yesterday I never removed the headlights. Just a tad bit of corrosion build up, wouldn't you say?

IMG_6148.thumb.JPG.dfcb152f1984e352f445de555a452142.JPG

Similar problem with the electrical connection. It cleaned up with a little elbow grease.

IMG_6151.thumb.JPG.549436b59997c2cbe2452b211568c4c4.JPG

High and low beam together - original Guide T3s.

IMG_6150.thumb.JPG.0d38426f522a44110142f7a36afeafff.JPG

The low beam T3 next to the Octane Lighting replacement which is a halogen replacement. It is a plug and play replacement.

IMG_6153.thumb.JPG.e81d3d73df89df64edeb84ed8f724588.JPG

T3 low and hi beam on the left and the new halogens on the right? Notice how weak the T3s look. Here is a closer look.....

IMG_6155.thumb.JPG.df3d5751219268b403e5458db13036fb.JPG

IMG_6157.thumb.JPG.c271f792ab33a519e2fb9664c42f675c.JPG

Here is the finished product.

IMG_6159.thumb.JPG.af505501c566c8fef5ca39dc210d2d23.JPG

Nice Job frosty :cheers:... i bet they will make night driving soooo much more enjoyable 👍

AND they look cool too 👍

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Nice Job frosty :cheers:... i bet they will make night driving soooo much more enjoyable 👍

AND they look cool too 👍

Thanks Kiwi. I suspect you are right mate! :cheers:

It makes you wonder just looking at my old headlights how much time and corrosion work to dim them.

For the record, I replaced the bulbs but they may still need to be adjusted or re-aimed. I won't know that until I drive it around in the dark for awhile. The halogens throw a lot more light than those old T3s could. So it stands to reason that the headlights might have to be re-aligned.

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

I will make the Dustoff with the Roadmonster. I have already registered it. Too much work left on the interior to get it done. With luck Lucy will be back on the road by 4th of July or the Motor City POCI show.

I will take the 303 top cleaner though. I will use it.

Will toss it in the car.  Not sure I can make the meeting Sat.

8 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Will toss it in the car.  Not sure I can make the meeting Sat.

No worries - we can catch up at the Dustoff. Any word from Indyman Joe?

I just dropped off my '71 GTO grilles, my home made honeycomb grilles, as well as 2 "D" rings, 4 bolts, the "D" ring mounting brackets, and the lower bumper assembly from a 2006 Hummer H3 to a local powder coater to be blasted, primed, and coated. The "D" rings and bumpers will be white and everything else will be gloss black. Price estimate for everything is under $500. $150 is mine for the grilles. The rest is Jacob's for his Hummer. We're in luck, the guy has no backlog at the moment, so no waiting, I might have the all parts by the weekend or early next week.

• Like 2

Frosty, lights look great!! Where did you get them? would like to use on my 64 Bonney!!

Wayne

Wayne - check out Octane Lighting on the Internet and on Amazon. Those same bulbs should fit your Bonnie!  Runs about $200 for the whole set - with two low beams and two hi beams.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 4:59 AM, Frosty said:

No worries - we can catch up at the Dustoff. Any word from Indyman Joe?

Been without everything, had to take the truck back in.  Found a vacume leak on top of gas tank throwin emissions code.  Phone up N died, have waited over a week for the battery to die hoping the reboot will get it working again.  Friggin Computer blows up and Justa got the new one home about 45min ago. Up and running but lost everthing. Pic's, fav list, contacts the whole 9 yards. Have NOT heard from Joe.

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Been without everything, had to take the truck back in.  Found a vacume leak on top of gas tank throwin emissions code.  Phone up N died, have waited over a week for the battery to die hoping the reboot will get it working again.  Friggin Computer blows up and Justa got the new one home about 45min ago. Up and running but lost everthing. Pic's, fav list, contacts the whole 9 yards. Have NOT heard from Joe.

Bloody computers aye JustA 😡

• Like 1

I believe thats nylon,  take a lighter and burn the furries off.  Then it seals the edge as it melts.  Works well on nylon rope to seal the ends too.

7 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I believe thats nylon,  take a lighter and burn the furries off.  Then it seals the edge as it melts.  Works well on nylon rope to seal the ends too.

yip sure is mate, but as soon as a belt has damage on it they fail the 6 monthly warrent of fitness check. 

if i melt the edge, they will see it and fail too., thats one thing they are tough on🥺

Meaning since it is damaged, you must replace it or it fails.

On 6/5/2021 at 8:15 PM, JUSTA6 said:

First ride for the GTO this year:dancingpontiac:, not the only one with an itch to get my rod out N play with it.  :naughty: At least with the new computer I can use my camera again!:PICS:

DSC_0866.JPG

I didn't realize you didn't know how to operate one without the other!

13 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Meaning since it is damaged, you must replace it or it fails.

I didn't realize you didn't know how to operate one without the other!

An update last July wouldn't let me import my photos.  Tried to follow instructions when Googled the problem but no go. Had 923 photo's in the camera.  Glad cause I lost everything....All my photos.  Last years Unofficial Dream Cruise with the missing men formation.:rofl:   That was when I pinched the nerve in my back, gettin out of the car for that pic!

DSC_0893.JPG

Bummer the Official Dream Cruise is back on for this year.   Shot of a famous L plate and a Mizzy wannabe.:rofl:  Like the sideskirts...Much better.

DSC_0842.JPG

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 1

BTW - the Mizzi wannabe is none other than Dimitri Toth and his 59 Bonneville. Dimitri writes articles in Smoke Signals about the Pontiac Home plant.

The Buick on the left is my land yacht, the Roadmonster. The license plate is in honor of my late father, who was a graduate of Michigan State University, the Spartans.

ReveredGTO - what's with the Tennessee thing? Are we going to see you at all this summer or fall?

Edited by Frosty