Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

12 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

yes mate, we are on rain water and rural scheme water supply thats full of chemicals, so i limit how much we us of that, i dont mine bird shit, its good for your immune systyem:cheers: Hahaha

Dang, that sucks.  We have the state to contaminate our water.   Justa ask Frosty.  EXACTLY why I'm glad to have my well instead of city water.  

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

7 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Finally got time to move the caddy to its new home and just on 3 inches clearance 🍻

B1088555-5FD1-4A68-9A68-9386278AADD4.jpeg

Last night we did a memorial cruise for a mate who past one year ago 

was about 40 cars and we parked up at the lake 

here is a couple of my mates toys 

5707E513-E7DB-4734-989B-A04DD212F3BC.jpeg

138575D8-9C48-4A62-B66C-AB8BC5AD3B84.jpeg

Next mission is to get the spare 64 off the chassis:cheers:

3 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Well today was a play day, for once! While I was detailing out some of the work I’ve been doing I took some video of the engine bay to see how it might look when videoed. See what you think.

FullSizeRender.mov

Stink cant open it :unsure:

• Like 1

Sent back the 1st carb kit.  Was for the wrong 2bbl.  Installed my new rearview mirror on the GTO.  Will Justa have to keep the new accelerator pump I got from the Big Brown truck. Mine is working fine.  Couple of taps and the front carb stopped leaking and ran pretty well for Dream Cruise.  (as long as you don't stomp it)

34 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Next mission is to get the spare 64 off the chassis:cheers:

Stink cant open it :unsure:

It took a loooong time to download here.  Sorry bout your mate.  Good reason to break out one of the cars.

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Amazing as always..  So in one shot, there is a reflection of the Buick emblem.  Had to be an angle thing cause I don't see it out in plain sight.  You da man.:clapping:

Up it’s my black Buick LaCrosse! It’s backed in facing the Indian!

F9B4C09F-2319-47A8-B69B-DDABF059D242.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

I just ordered an ACDelco replacement switch from OReillys. It will be here on Tuesday, along with my order from OPGI.

good on ya mate, i recon it will solve your dodgee dash lights:dancingpontiac:

show us a picture of it when you get it... just for interest sake👍

Edited by 64 kiwi boni

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

I worked on Lucy today. Kiwi I think you’re right about the headlight switch. I’ve decided to get a new one, just to play it safe. So I pulled the old one out and left the connector dangling for now.

i finished connecting up the new RetroSound radio. Sounds good. The Bluetooth seems to work fine. The rear speakers work fine but I can’t test the front kick panel speakers just yet. They are tucked away with the rest of the interior pieces. So far, so good.

i wish I had taken a better picture. Sorry guys.....this photo is not up to my usual standards.

004DB178-A8E7-4BFB-BA55-EDC943C6C68E.thumb.jpeg.dd8c7656517ee64c3e7cdb0138087cef.jpeg

I spent a fair amount of time zip tying stuff up under the dash too. Hopefully I can start to,reassemble the dash and glove box soon.

Frosty, some thing you can do since you have the old switch out is id the dash lights circut and do an ohms test 

if it is working perfect you should be able to pull the switch out to the first click, then turn the knob and get a nice positive ohms reading all the way from full clock wise all the way back to the opposite stop and you should get a nice slow increase or decrease in value, if not .... its worn and dirty.

at the end of the day its just a coil of copper wire with a brass wiper running over it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Last Indian said:

More play time today! Wow two times in one week! Oh wait! Today’s a new week! Dah! The Indians Interior video.

IMG_1399.MOV

Last Indian, i would really like to see your video, but its taking too long to down load and times out!🙄

is it something to do with site up grades ? or is it too big of a file? 

hell i dont know i am tradie !..frosty.Ringo. is this your department ???

soo hanging out to see your craftsmanship :unsure:

10 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Last Indian, i would really like to see your video, but its taking too long to down load and times out!🙄

is it something to do with site up grades ? or is it too big of a file? 

hell i dont know i am tradie !..frosty.Ringo. is this your department ???

soo hanging out to see your craftsmanship :unsure:

Maybe this will work better for you Kiwi! But I’m not sure!
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApYhZl8sk2DFxnPBFtiYyskJKHth

Wrong link, try this one. The one above is a walk around. The bottom one is the interior.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApYhZl8sk2DFxnHXM2ZbDhgvM7dq

This one is the engine bay. If they work!🤪

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApYhZl8sk2DFxnL-3IIP3X0SDJJZ

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 2

Yesterday Ren went to, and came home from, having her coolant and transmission fluid exchanged, a new transmission pan gasket and filter installed, two transmission fluid line compression fittings replaced (original fittings were starting to weep) and her fuel system serviced. Turns out, I think my multimeter may be having issues because when the technician parasitic load tested her battery they found less than a 30mA draw (where as my tool said almost 3.5A (HUGE difference!).

Also, yesterday, Rubi was officially christened (we even took our first ride as a family in her on our way to pick Ren up). I found a couple spots on Rubi's paint where I apparently didn't fully clean off the ceramic (the sun is a great tool and a great enemy in showing the true state of painted surfaces!). I swear, it makes me feel like I'm a noob at detailing (when in reality I've been doing it for 25+ years *face palm*). That said, and as promised to Kiwi, pictures below 🙂

20200831_122955.thumb.jpg.c556b8400a54358167d944eca161d357.jpg

x.jpg.461b8ffb8b30a17d296b58584e15e747.jpg

20200831_123538.thumb.jpg.a1e8b877a7de3c3c711504860be9c970.jpg

In the last picture, I tried to get a close-up of the gloss / clarity (as expected, the picture doesn't do the gloss justice). When Rubi first came to live with us, the clear coat had the snot swirled out of it. Many hours with a two-step polish and dual-action polisher later, I'm very pleased with the results (and I'm a picky person!).

Next project with started at 4am this morning - tearing TC's ('09 Malibu) rear decking apart to root-cause the really annoying rattle coming from the rear-passenger speaker when the radio is on. The song "Party Rock Anthem" comes to mind with the line "Every day I'm shufflin'...".

• Like 2

On 8/27/2020 at 5:47 AM, Frosty said:

I was having issues when I turn on the headlights. Sometimes when I turn on the headlights, the dash lights would not come on for several minutes. Kinda scary on dark nights. Other times if I turn the knob to adjust the brightness of the dash lights, I could see it directly affect the gas and water temperature gage readings. This appeared to be a classic case of a bad or intermittent ground or short.

Then I took the dash out to replace the bulbs with LEDs and I noticed the circuit board where it plugs into the wiring harness and how it was starting to delaminate at the connection. I figured that might be contributing to my dash problems. So a new one was ordered.

1214341963_IMG_5132(2).JPG.0ce71f78a9e53c90292789cfd9f19f52.JPG

Sorry Frosty, I’m a little slow on replying! One thing to consider with the issues you’re having are the LEDs! Depending on the type of LEDs you get and where they are going in the circuitry, they can cause issues because of polarity! Such as you need a different flasher module for LEDs! Side turn signal lights that flash opposite with the front or back turn signals won’t work period if you use 196 LEDs in the side marker lights. In some cases lights won’t dim properly, etc. FYI!

• Like 2

I've read that before Last Indian. THanks for the reminder though.

I've been on the look out for that. So far, I've only replaced the 194 bulbs in the dash and not anywhere else. The problem with the gages and headlight switch were pre-LEDS.

I worked on Lucy yesterday. I had to tweak the power wiring some more. The tach was pegged at 8000rpm and the other gages weren't working. I reset the power and I have all the gages except the water temp gage working. The tach works. Speedo works. Gas and oil pressure works. I suspect I have something plugged in wrong.

I installed the new headlight switch too with a new metal retaining screw. I also replaced the 4-way power window switch on the drivers door. The switch was getting pitted and corroded on the underside of the switches. I got a new one from OPGI.

Today I decided to mow the lawn before the rain that was forecast came in. It never rained but I got the lawn done. The driveway got edged too.

Since tomorrow is a US holiday, I hope to spend more time on Lucy.

I took a hard look at my door panels, the driver door panel is showing it's age. The silver/chrome surround is separating, there is tear in the carpet towards the bottom. I decided to order replacement door panels from Legendary Auto Interiors in NY.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

I took a hard look at my door panels, the driver door panel is showing it's age. The silver/chrome surround is separating, there is tear in the carpet towards the bottom. I decided to order replacement door panels from Legendary Auto Interiors in NY.

nice :cheers:

• Thanks 1

Yesterday I reconnected T.C.'s battery after load testing it (after I drained it testing the rattle issue in the rear passenger speaker). I was concerned the battery was too far gone however load testing showed it to be holding on between 900 and 1000 cranking amps (so I think it's all good).

Otherwise, I replaced the weather seal around all three barn bay garage doors. The 10' doors weren't bad and the 12' wasn't bad either aside from not having a tall enough ladder and therefore having to do the universal no-no and stand on the very top. I figured what's the worst that could happen - a trip to the E.R.? 🤪

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I worked on Lucy yesterday. I had to tweak the power wiring some more. The tach was pegged at 8000rpm and the other gages weren't working. I reset the power and I have all the gages except the water temp gage working. The tach works. Speedo works. Gas and oil pressure works. I suspect I have something plugged in wrong.

I installed the new headlight switch too with a new metal retaining screw. I also replaced the 4-way power window switch on the drivers door. The switch was getting pitted and corroded on the underside of the switches. I got a new one from OPGI.

Today I decided to mow the lawn before the rain that was forecast came in. It never rained but I got the lawn done. The driveway got edged too.

Since tomorrow is a US holiday, I hope to spend more time on Lucy.

Legendary is a good company about a half hour away from me !! Good luck with them.

• Like 1

I've used Legendary for years. the old ruined carpet, the seats upholstery and the new carpet have all come from Legendary. My local upholsterer won't let me by from PUI. He says you can't do better than Legendary for OER interior stuff. 

Kiwi, you asked me in an earlier post why I changed my circuit board on my cluster. Here's why.

IMG_5307.thumb.JPG.effb13d13d456e41f265412f2a00744e.JPG

IMG_5309.thumb.JPG.b1a53481f02da60a8a8c30a2757f372a.JPG

IMG_5308.thumb.JPG.53d882d334d1ab2eb04c7691825f8fa0.JPG

Clearly after almost 50 years it's starting to delaminate. Nothing's built to last any more.

Here is also why I decided to order new door panels from Legendary.

IMG_5312.thumb.JPG.8bb4ffeb693bb651aab7093c7299ed0c.JPG

IMG_5313.thumb.JPG.158de983a2801b093e2a9dfe481dc4d6.JPG

Again age is taking it's toll, and probably my abuse....

• Sad 1