Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Just now, JUSTA6 said:

I've never used an aftermarket wiring kit.   Would still rather visit the dentist than mess with wiring, but take your time, you'll get it.  I Have alot more time than $$$, always figured, if you get in a jamb, there is always somebody that can fix it.  Even did my own seats/interior during the "new frame" resto.  Will never have the skills of Last Indian (wouldn't that be helpful??)  But I've truly built the GTO from the ground up N by myself.  You'll figure it out bro.  Whats left thats not working??? 

Everything is working now !! I've been out driving as much as possible!!

Just now, Wrongway said:

Glad to share bro. Its really is the little things Ringo. I smile every time i see that lol

When I first got my Bonneville I turned on the headlights and hit the dimmer switch and Chief lit up!! That was the coolest thing I have ever seen !! Still cool to see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ohhh, I like that wdl182. Where did you order that from and was it precut? My "wood" was trashed to so I pealed it off. Been trying to decide what to replace it with.

Dash before 7.JPG

Dash after 10.JPG

Edited by Wrongway

3 hours ago, wdl182 said:

My wood veneer was toast so I replaced with a Thin Carbon fiber veneeimageproxy.php?img=&key=e4a59abd91f42c36imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4a59abd91f42c36imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4a59abd91f42c36r.imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4a59abd91f42c36imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4a59abd91f42c36imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4a59abd91f42c36imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4a59abd91f42c36

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_2989.jpg

Looks good. 182...Do you have the famous chief head highbeam indicator?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Ohhh, I like that wdl182. Where did you order that from and was it precut? My "wood" was trashed to so I pealed it off. Been trying to decide what to replace it with.

Dash before 7.JPG

Dash after 10.JPG

I ordered it on line and it was not precut! had to cut and trim myself using Good scissors ! I'll try to find website for you. okay I got them from Protechcomposites.com they had a sample pack  one pound of assorted styles sizes and thickness! which I bought, however looking back I would not recommend because a lot of these I could not use. Go to their site and make your choice. They have a lot of choices, mine was the high gloss version. Your dash is looking good I've always experimented with different finishes! Not a fan of the wood graining! I used a kitchen laminet before in place of the wood grain on a 66 Lincoln Convertible I once owned and got a lot of complements on that! I like to think out side the box.

32 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Looks good. 182...Do you have the famous chief head highbeam indicator?

Yes I do and it makes me smile every time I hit the High Beams !!

• Like 2

Ok cool. Thank you i will check them out. I also had a 66 Lincoln! Mine was a yellowish white (original paint) hardtop with suicide doors. I've been on the look out for another one. All of them that I see are either WAY over priced for what they've got or rotted away to nothing lol. Do you have any pics of it?

I am curious too Wrongway. I was surprised in the reviews by Custom Autosound, who've been around for awhile. A lot of them were real bad reviews. Not much on Retro Sound, so this is a crap shoot. Notallthere said he got a Retro Sound unit for the FrankenChevelle as well. So we'll find out together how well they work.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Ok cool. Thank you i will check them out. I also had a 66 Lincoln! Mine was a yellowish white (original paint) hardtop with suicide doors. I've been on the look out for another one. All of them that I see are either WAY over priced for what they've got or rotted away to nothing lol. Do you have any pics of it?

Yes from the 2007 Hot Rod Power Tour !!

Nashville2007 104.jpg

Power Tour 026.jpg

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

I was planning on working on Lucy this weekend but the weather turned crappy with storms on and off all day Saturday and Sunday. So no point in dragging the car out to get rained on. I did managed to assemble Lucy's new radio from RetroSound. So I feel I got something accomplished this weekend. Some assembly is definitely required. 

The radio is a digital/bluetooth unit. You have to choose the proper face plate and pushbuttons for your application. I choose the chrome buttons and knobs. This is the Daytona Motor 2 unit that is suppose to fit the Tempst/Lemans/GTO dash.

IMG_5155.thumb.jpg.635938851c4c5b560060853d8391585b.jpg

IMG_5156.thumb.jpg.003d7f20ee4b30a3312f395b576bdcf4.jpg

The face plate and pushbuttons attach with small micro screws to the side of the radio. Ribbon connectors are used to connect the buttons and face plate to the radio.

IMG_5160.thumb.jpg.7a7888fefe7a3a0434e16406cac89c14.jpg

The finsihed product.

Mounting brackets on each side of the radio are attached next for the knob stems. The brackets can moveabout 1/2" forward or backwards by loosening the 4 mounting screws on each side. The stems themselves are widely adjustable too. This radio can be directly connected to speakers or use an amplifier. It is also bluetooth capable. It will also work with your smartphone or iPhone thru a rear auxiliary USB connection.

When I put my first retro I was a little overwhelmed also, but it went together great. It will do almost everything except change your socks. The sound is tremendous in my 64! Good luck with it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, reveredGTO said:

I saw the email Widetrackers about Saturday's meet at the  museum.  We're bringing our goat. 

1 hour ago, reveredGTO said:

I saw the email Widetrackers about Saturday's meet at the  museum.  We're bringing our goat.   Hey Frosty, we'll look for you there

31 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

I hope to be there, look forward to meeting you.

I look forward to seeing you guys there then. I will be in the white Buick Roadmonster this time around. Lucy is still torn apart.

Revered - it will be nice to finally meet up with you.