Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

• Founders

Haven't been driving either car much during this pandemic, not that either are typically driven in excess. Normal for the Camaro is 80-100 pleasure miles per week and G6 is the work horse of doing things around town so can be anywhere from 80-200 a week depending what is going on. G6 is overdue for an oil change but do maybe 10 miles a week in it so been putting it off as I've been very lucky to have a lot of business these past few weeks at work so been taking advantage of that to get income in. Hope that trend continues.

Anyway, doing my first oil change in pandemic times hopefully this weekend, just ordered oil online for both cars. First time ordering online but think I actually got things cheaper than the local store. Could be just due to supply/demand right now.

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I spent over 6 hours on my back, scrapping it against the both sets of front seat studs, installing the new firewall insulation pad in Lucy. I didn't take any pictures. It was such a pain-in-the-butt job. You had pre-cut out pieces (see internet photo below) you had to remove for the heat core holes in the firewall, steering column, accel. petal, and fuse block. What a horrible, time consuming job with everything in place. This job is easy if the entire car is striped to a shell. I had to make additional cuts to get around existing things. Not a job I'm terrible proud of but it's done. I ran out of daylight on the longest day of the year getting this done. Next time though I can finally install the heater core.

Oh, the firewall pad is held in place with some plastic push button retainers. You remove the old ones by whatever means you can and then install the new ones. The new ones are hugely oversized and don't fit the existing holes well. I didn't have a drill bit large enough or power drill to fit under the dash to enlarge the holes. Best I could do is use a small right angle power hammer to drive it in as best I can. Again, I'm not proud of this job. Just managed to get it to where it will stay in place.

image.png.ddbe0fffd8e4c1ac47e8e2861da178d6.png

This is how the pad comes - see all the things you get to remove and have to get around. Fun.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

What did you do on your car today Kiwi??? i bent my work van, a gas bottle delivery truck backed into me!😞

Took out my drivers door and side sliding door:stars:

van scratch.JPG

I'm guessing there is a very big IDIOT story behind all of this mess.

How did the boss man take this?

8 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Wow! That’s some decent damage! How fast was the idiot going? Sorry to hear you have to deal with that too

he was going quiet slow but fast enough for me to not get out of the way!😔

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

I'm guessing there is a very big IDIOT story behind all of this mess.

How did the boss man take this?

She didn't worry about it much other than to say, that when the van goes in for the repairs would be a great time to get that surgery i have been putting off! ( have a hernia that needs fixing)🙄

• Like 2

It was driving me mad that i could not use the side door this week, so i got the portapower out and gave the side sliding door a little 3/4 push forward and and a couple of very special... lets say recalibatration adjustments !!!!🙄

And now i can use the very bent side door, i am so bloody flat out @ work i need this van to be working!:o

You spend years not having a smash and when it happens, its just a pain in the arse !

insurance... paper work

van off the road... pain in the arse

moving all my gear/ stock into some other vehicle... pain in the arse

i think i might just retire and head to the beach. stuff it 😦🙄:cheers:

sit on the beach, try and catch fish and drink beer!:cheers: 

• Like 2

That's not the reason for the hernia is it? Probably from all that weight you are carrying around, you know, your wife is always on your back. LOL! :rofl:

Catching fish sounds like work unless you enjoy it.

Beer - it's not just for breakfast any more!

More work on Lucy planned for this weekend. Heater core will go back in. The dash will come out.

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2020 at 12:23 AM, Frosty said:

That's not the reason for the hernia is it? Probably from all that weight you are carrying around, you know, your wife is always on your back. LOL! :rofl:

Catching fish sounds like work unless you enjoy it.

Beer - it's not just for breakfast any more!

More work on Lucy planned for this weekend. Heater core will go back in. The dash will come out.

Haha, not even sure what caused the bloody Hernia Frosty, but you could be right !:omight have been the boss! 😜 hahha

i do enjoy my fishing, mostly surf casting and just getting out there and standing on the beach with no one ringing me, not working, just peace and quiet !:cheers:

sometimes i throw a couple of beers in the chilly bin just for fun, to keep me happy as !:stars:

but only a couple! we made the mistake once of taking too many and it just go messy!! hahaha, but still fun looking back :dancingpontiac:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

I spent another day on my back wrestling with Lucy. I got the heater core in, three times. I managed to get either wires or hoses trapped behind it the first two times. Son of a b......!

Then I got the bright idea to remove the dash and pull the instrument cluster so I could replace my weak 194 bulbs with LEDS. I ran out of daylight before I could get the headlight switch or power top switches back in. I clearly screwed up the ground strap(s) along the way since none the gages work or cluster lights come on. More fun for another day.

9C48B203-D5F4-434C-9EAD-4EF0644BE76C.thumb.jpeg.af6ee66d0d21ff5cfd68bfddaf0c7953.jpeg

The damn heater core is in, for good I hope.

7353898D-C443-48E8-8B06-FC98D1DEC4A1.thumb.jpeg.bbd686bc30c1434d14fffd3af477550a.jpeg

Who’s bright idea was this? Oh yeah! Mine!

F0C98F84-2703-41B3-B1FC-07C3D53C1C85.thumb.jpeg.f153c33b4f48fc308fc6df067c5fdc97.jpeg

LEDs replacing the stock 194s.

558DA055-C7C2-4C53-B59B-DD18C5960297.thumb.jpeg.b0498a29325eae42d3cfb02390f53737.jpeg

Wrestled the cluster out.

My, My, you have been a busy little snowman! Ahh, you know what they say, practice makes perfect! This is clearly one of those jobs that JustA mushroomed and then some!
You’ll notice a nice difference in the LEDs! 

Edited by Last Indian

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

I spent another day on my back wrestling with Lucy. I got the heater core in, three times. I managed to get either wires or hoses trapped behind it the first two times. Son of a b......!

Then I got the bright idea to remove the dash and pull the instrument cluster so I could replace my weak 194 bulbs with LEDS. I ran out of daylight before I could get the headlight switch or power top switches back in. I clearly screwed up the ground strap(s) along the way since none the gages work or cluster lights come on. More fun for another day.

9C48B203-D5F4-434C-9EAD-4EF0644BE76C.thumb.jpeg.af6ee66d0d21ff5cfd68bfddaf0c7953.jpeg

The damn heater core is in, for good I hope.

7353898D-C443-48E8-8B06-FC98D1DEC4A1.thumb.jpeg.bbd686bc30c1434d14fffd3af477550a.jpeg

Who’s bright idea was this? Oh yeah! Mine!

F0C98F84-2703-41B3-B1FC-07C3D53C1C85.thumb.jpeg.f153c33b4f48fc308fc6df067c5fdc97.jpeg

LEDs replacing the stock 194s.

558DA055-C7C2-4C53-B59B-DD18C5960297.thumb.jpeg.b0498a29325eae42d3cfb02390f53737.jpeg

Wrestled the cluster out.

Oh frosty, led dash lights what a great idea, you must show us what they look like when your done !

9 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Oh frosty, led dash lights what a great idea, you must show us what they look like when your done !

Roger that kiwi. First I have to fix the grounding issue.

Yesterday I made the executive decision to replace the clock with a 5500 RPM redline tach. Ordered it along with the wiring harness yesterday. With luck it will be here by the weekend.

I managed to scratch up the paint on the steering column in the process. Any one know what shade and/or vendor of flat/semi-gloss black the steering column is? Is it Eastwood? SEM? 

Edited by Frosty

Hey I used Blue LED lights in my dash, gauges,and glove box! I'll post a pic in a couple of days when I have everything back together !!

Wayne

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

Edited by wdl182
Pictures added
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

Yesterday I made the executive decision to replace the clock with a 5500 RPM redline tach. Ordered it along with the wiring harness yesterday. With luck it will be here by the weekend.

I got a UPS notification today. Package should be here late Thursday, I will have the new tach for the weekend. Interesting thing is even though all the parts are stocked in the Canton Michigan store, my parts are being shipped out of the Charlotte NC store. Logistics? Go figure.

Edited by Frosty

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Interesting thing is even though all the parts are stocked in the Canton Michigan store, my parts are being shipped out of the Charlotte NC store. Logistics? Go figure.

LOL - I sent an oil sample from south-of-Flint, MI to Fort Wayne, IN. It went by way of Pennsylvania *face palm*.

Oh, and I ordered a six inch dual action polisher. Doing the spring "strip wash" (i.e. full surface strip and complete protection rebuild) on "B.T." ("Big Truck" / F-250) this season finally broke me. Just too much surface area for the 'ol arm & shoulder. Plus I am doing a full paint correction so I just need a lot more pressure, speed and touch of heat than what the 'ol arm can give.

Edited by Stewy

11 hours ago, Stewy said:

I just need a lot more pressure, speed and touch of heat than what the 'ol arm can give.

Welcome to old age pal. It sneaks up on you in insidous ways.

36 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Welcome to old age pal. It sneaks up on you in insidous ways.

LOL - I've noticed lately that when I stand up, after sitting for a length of time, I'm more stiff than I have been historically. I'm just south of 40 so I guess it makes sense that I'm outside of my warranty period 🤪

I'm not too sure if it's the age - or the mileage - that makes the body warranty expire sooner than you think it should. It's probably both.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Frosty said:

....and probably one (or more) of these biohazard stickers.

image.png.ede98a34343376e76558c190e646a874.png

image.png.e3bc73d4250c3976a0eeedc1e5e847bf.png

image.thumb.png.5321808c3fc47c7037f7190ed99141c4.png

image.thumb.png.57d2c3cc36ad68c3b45c1db8bdbe2969.png

Where's GE ?

image.png.1867e4ea97150b67f6330876623b5bf8.png

image.png.838fb5839ee0dcad82c19b9baee6063d.png

image.png.d34285b1fae53335d3e5f232c2a6abec.png

Actually I came with a flip card attached to my navel that had all of those and more! 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Last Indian said:

Actually I came with a flip card attached to my navel that had all of those and more! 😁

Makes sense. It allows you to wear an old trench coat in public and flash (card) innocent bystanders. I like it.

• Haha 1