Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I changed all five spark plugs on the kid's Hummer H3 after mowing the lawn between rain storms. After I changed the plugs, I went to my local Valvoline shop and got an oil change and a transmission oil and filter change. The Hummer is about to roll over 100k miles. Next thing it needs is a new set of tires before winter.

IMG_4468.thumb.JPG.a26882c561df89ee4434dc5071744537.JPG

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I thought I would share this, some may think otherwise, but this is fact as I have said in the past, this was one of my development projects for about 10 years. 

The Indian has 39,000 miles on it.

Saturday I decided to change my cabin air filter in the Indian as well as the engine air filter among other things it’s been probably about 5 years since the last change, but I only average about 1000 miles a year on it since I retired, which will soon be 4 years. You’re going to see a picture of the throttle body. The TB has not been touched, cleaned or anything else since at least 2008 when I did the upper cylinder head work & plenum work! This thing is as clean & dry as can be, as if it were brand new & just installed!

This is because I use only a high end premium gas, a PEA fuel cleaner and change my oil & filter at least every 3000 miles, but it’s actually more like every 2000 - 2500 miles. 

8D9ECEED-2067-4BED-9439-0C097AF4CDE2.jpeg

7A641384-4E5C-4635-8EAB-A5FF588B5E29.jpeg

76CBB69E-EEF8-4E8A-9E06-60D9EBC28A5A.jpeg

• Like 2

Quick question Last Indian - two really....

1. Your high end premium gas - does it have one or two detergents in it? Most have only one - a handful have two - depending on the brand.

2. How often do you add your PEA fuel cleaner? 

20 hours ago, Frosty said:

Quick question Last Indian - two really....

1. Your high end premium gas - does it have one or two detergents in it? Most have only one - a handful have two - depending on the brand.

2. How often do you add your PEA fuel cleaner? 

I use Shell they use an LZ additive package, I attached a link, it will explain their fuel additive package, but it’s second to none. It has one detergent and a whole lot more.   The detergent is just part of the package. Detergents in general do very little for valve deposits, coking in the plenum or manifold or soot that gets pushed into the oil.

https://www.shell.us/motorist/shell-fuels/shell-nitrogen-enriched-gasolines.html

I add the PEA in the summer every third tank full and the winter, obviously for my other cars not the Indian, ever other tank full. As I said before I use Regane by Gumout and if you watch the Zone puts it on sale, 2 for 1 every so often.

P.S. I also use from time to time Sunoco 93 octane. They use Infineum’s fuel additive package which is also good.

Edited by Last Indian

5 hours ago, notallthere said:

Who needs a social life?

20191023_100418.jpg

The FrankenChevelle is looking good. Now what are you going to put under the hood?

image.png.3d5d030a6cccf63be27060504cf00d02.png

Abby somebody.

Abby who?

image.png.53097187b8e26af63fb93c799ce046d9.png

Why am I not surprised?

Edited by Frosty

18 hours ago, notallthere said:

For now there is a 98 Vortec 350.  What you do not see is the LS 6.0 under the one work bench.

Beautiful job! It’s gonna be killer! An LS is good, but say a ZL aluminum block would get some attention! Just make sure you buy stock in tires & gas!!

2 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Beautiful job! It’s gonna be killer! An LS is good, but say a ZL aluminum block would get some attention! Just make sure you buy stock in tires & gas!!

Especially since he's built it to do some autocross and he's been to stunt driving school.

His first meaningful bumper sticker.

https://www.amazon.com/FOLLOW-STUPID-Sticker-Decal-Bumper/dp/B071RM243B

Especially with grinders.

Edited by Frosty

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Especially since he's built it to do some autocross and he's been to stunt driving school.

His first meaningful bumper sticker.

https://www.amazon.com/FOLLOW-STUPID-Sticker-Decal-Bumper/dp/B071RM243B

Especially with grinders.

I can’t say much! Oh if you only knew :driving: :rofl: :nuts:

I have no doubt that we all have our fair share of doing stupid things stories. However, notallthere's grinder story is a pretty good one. Especially from his wife's perspective.

1 minute ago, Ringo64 said:

I feel most stupid stories only get better from the wife perspective :lol:

You mean from the point of reason, the point of being rationale, the person who calmly asks "what the f*ck happened?" and then ultimate says, "don't do it again" (oh like I was consciously trying that hard to do it the first time but succeeded anyway!). :mod:

• Haha 1

You should see the look I got when I confessed to putting the tools away before going the emergency room.

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2019 at 11:01 AM, Frosty said:

You mean from the point of reason, the point of being rationale, the person who calmly asks "what the f*ck happened?" and then ultimate says, "don't do it again" (oh like I was consciously trying that hard to do it the first time but succeeded anyway!). :mod:

Mine never swears, but she never is calm about it either, but she certainly always says “don’t do that again” like I will listen :rofl:!

18 hours ago, notallthere said:

You should see the look I got when I confessed to putting the tools away before going the emergency room.

Not to take anything away from Notallthere! But, the grinder story I completely get, and I’ve never heard it! 

In 1988 when I built the full frame for my wife’s Z/28, I’ve posted pictures before, I had the subframe out in my backyard grinding it with a 9” 16 grit disc to get the whole thing down to bare steel to start welding in the back part of the frame I had built. Well while grinding around the shock/Aarm area I caught the edge of the upper  weldment that the upper Aarm bolts to. This tore a PAC-man type chunk out of the disc and sense I had just replaced the disc and was 140 or so feet from the shop I thought what the heck, I’ll keep going! 5 seconds later I’m standing holding a grinder in one hand spinning at 3500 rpm out of balance, while looking at 4” long by 1” deep, laid wide open gash in my forearm. They told me I missed my tendons and the muscle by 1 millimeter. That said, no, I did not cleanup before I went to the ER. 

To top it off this is one of the safer mishaps I’ve had :nuts:!

Edited by Last Indian

• Founders
3 hours ago, Last Indian said:

looking at 4” long by 1” deep, laid wide open gash in my forearm. They told me I missed my tendons and the muscle by 1 millimeter.

monty python scratch GIF

Dang! Glad you were lucky there at least

4 hours ago, Last Indian said:

To top it off this is one of the safer mishaps I’ve had :nuts:!

chris farley thinking GIF

On 10/26/2019 at 3:43 PM, Ringo64 said:

monty python scratch GIF

Dang! Glad you were lucky there at least

chris farley thinking GIF

Lucky? Perhaps! I like to think it’s resilience sprinkled with as my daughter has always said Iron Man mentality! Or we could call it what it is; dumb luck!!  

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I went with the wife last night to go to a used car dealership east of Derroit. It was an expensive evening. We came home with a 2007 Hummer H3 H3X with 60k miles, sunroof, I-5, leather seats. The red/orange hooks will be painted black come spring.

So if you are keeping score at home, that means we now have 2 Pontiacs (Lucy and Black Beauty), 2 Chevrolets (Traverse and Colorado), 2 Hummers (a 2006 base and a 2007 H3X), and 1 Buick (the Roadmonster) for 3 drivers in the house hold, and not enough garage space for all of them either. 

I now have "his and hers Hummers", and I am not the "his".  Dang it!

BTW - both Hummers are white with black interiors. The 2006 has aluminium wheels while the 2007 has the black wheels. The 2006 has a chrome grille, the 2007 is painted white (body color) and has the brush guard. I suspect we will have side-by-side photos by the weekend.

I wonder if I can find a rust free, low mileage H3 Alpha? Hmmm. 

image.thumb.png.00b95e655c01db60ae9666517b755bbf.png

image.thumb.png.c58355126a1355de49bf219cbf4d07ad.png

image.thumb.png.152d465ea8edaced4f33817a6e72f520.png

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2