Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Did 4 wheel brakes N rotors on JustaG6's Torrent yesterday.  Most time we've spent with the daughter since the whole Covid 19 thing started. 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Seems like you spend more quality time with JUSTAG6’s vehicles than with her. Am I wrong ? Or is that the only time you talk about her to your friends? When you have to fix something she broke? LOL! :willy_nilly:

8 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

LIL bit of all the above.   Might as well call em my cars. :pontiac: Justa Happy she's all about the Pontiac's like her Dad!!:wub: Don't forget she has a house with plenty to do as well.  :stars:  We don't have a thread for.....Watcha done for your kids today.   You know what I mean, and I'm not gonna start it.

oh completely agree with you too Justa ! that thread would be full in a week !! 

my youngest wants a new shower installed in her home... when i have nothing to do🙄

I made a parts run to National Parts Depot yesterday. Got a new heater core, AC compressor, hydraulic ram for the convertible top (if I need it), some seat belt anchor bolts, sound deadener, and some other small parts. In total, about $700 worth. Yeah.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Frosty said:

I made a parts run to National Parts Depot yesterday. Got a new heater core, AC compressor, hydraulic ram for the convertible top (if I need it), some seat belt anchor bolts, sound deadener, and some other small parts. In total, about $700 worth. Yeah.

yes, see to me, thats cheap as!  it would cost me $700 nz just for the ac compressor without freight  😡

well done mate :cheers:

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2020 at 10:05 PM, Frosty said:

I

IMG_4966.thumb.JPG.f8ab90a1bd2826280eabe7c184d64322.JPG

:angry:

I ordered the new firewall insulation pad from Summit Racing yesterday. It will be here on Friday. I guess I have another project for this weekend.

• Like 2

"What did you do to your car today?"

Gave her away.

Last night was bitter sweet for me. After over thirteen years lovingly taking care of Bleen and considering her a member of the family (not to mention being Ren's sister), her time with us came to a close.

We've been looking for another vehicle, specifically a minivan, and as of last Friday we added "Rubi" to the fleet (a 2017 Toyota Sienna) which meant that the family hauler (Bleen) would be phased out. Originally, the understanding was Bleen would be sold (which I was never a fan of but understood it needed to be done) but plans changed shortly before she went up for sale in that instead of selling, we donated Bleen to a local family who very much (from the impression I got) would give Bleen an appreciated home. While I had no expectations that Bleen would go to a home that would take care of her to the OCD-level that I did, it did help the transition for me by knowing she will be appreciated and very much a value added to their household.

Here's to you, Bleen - while you may be absent you will never be forgotten. Thank you for all the memories and years of faithful service!

image.png.fd7b124e8eea3516a13b8a90791fd4b4.png

Edited by Stewy
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Stewy said:

Here's to you, Bleen - while you may be absent you will never be forgotten. Thank you for all the memories and years of faithful service!

image.png.0ebe2710906586f950265b54cbe56a9d.png

To Bleen!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stewy said:

Kudos to you Stewy! Most folks would or do think folks like us are crazy! But we get it, and for me that’s enough! When you put that much of yourself in something it takes on a personality, it may be an inanimate object, but really it is so much more! As long as at the end of the day we know what it’s proper place is with respect to other things, than we’re good. 

• Like 2

On 6/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, Frosty said:

I ordered the new firewall insulation pad from Summit Racing yesterday. It will be here on Friday. I guess I have another project for this weekend.

I'm ticked. I didn't get the firewall insulation pad I ordered for Lucy today as planned. This means my plans to re-install the heater core this weekend are now scrapped. Now I am not angry at Summit Racing, but I am agitated at their shipping company - UPS. The new shipping date is now Monday, June 8th. Here is what the shipping information I have says:

"JUN 5  10:21 AM
Arrival Scan Hodgkins, IL

JUN 4  3:30 PM
Civil demonstration has delayed your package in transit. Delivery will be rescheduled. Check back for updates.

JUN 1  8:43 PM
Departure Scan Sparks, NV

JUN 1  6:45 PM
Origin Scan Sparks, NV

JUN 1  5:30 PM
Order Processed: Ready for UPS"

Now I understand how one of the various protests/riots that George Floyd's tragic death has sparked across this country can cause the delay. What makes me mad is the lack of in-transit information between June 1 and June 4. Nor does it state where in the US my package is when the delay occurs. For all I know, it never left Sparks Nevada until June 5th. Where was my package between June 1 8:42 pm in Sparks NV and June 5 10:21 am in Hodgkins IL (outside Chicago)? That's almost 4 days it is unaccounted for. Grrr. :angry:

Edited by Frosty

• Founders

Weird. Haven’t  had that big of a gap in shipping updates though, I have had FedEx confuse Florida and Oklahoma. Hope you get it soon!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

I have had FedEx confuse Florida and Oklahoma

ryan reynolds facepalm GIF

Now I am not angry at Summit Racing, but I am agitated at their shipping company - UPS

I sent an oil sample to the lab I use (in Indiana) on May 4th. According to USPS, my package is still "in process to the next USPS facility" as of June 6th. Ahuh. I'm sure it is. I think it's really between the counter and the wall resting on the floor somewhere.

LOL - we should start a "Shipping Carrier Fail" thread 😁

Edited by Stewy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Frosty said:

I'm ticked. I didn't get the firewall insulation pad I ordered for Lucy today as planned. This means my plans to re-install the heater core this weekend are now scrapped. Now I am not angry at Summit Racing, but I am agitated at their shipping company - UPS. The new shipping date is now Monday, June 8th. Here is what the shipping information I have says:

"JUN 5  10:21 AM
Arrival Scan Hodgkins, IL

JUN 4  3:30 PM
Civil demonstration has delayed your package in transit. Delivery will be rescheduled. Check back for updates.

JUN 1  8:43 PM
Departure Scan Sparks, NV

JUN 1  6:45 PM
Origin Scan Sparks, NV

JUN 1  5:30 PM
Order Processed: Ready for UPS"

Now I understand how one of the various protests/riots that George Floyd's tragic death has sparked across this country can cause the delay. What makes me mad is the lack of in-transit information between June 1 and June 4. Nor does it state where in the US my package is when the delay occurs. For all I know, it never left Sparks Nevada until June 5th. Where was my package between June 1 8:42 pm in Sparks NV and June 5 10:21 am in Hodgkins IL (outside Chicago)? That's almost 4 days it is unaccounted for. Grrr. :angry:

13 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Weird. Haven’t  had that big of a gap in shipping updates though, I have had FedEx confuse Florida and Oklahoma. Hope you get it soon!

4 hours ago, Stewy said:

ryan reynolds facepalm GIF

I sent an oil sample to the lab I use (in Indiana) on May 4th. According to USPS, my package is still "in process to the next USPS facility" as of June 6th. Ahuh. I'm sure it is. I think it's really between the counter and the wall resting on the floor somewhere.

AND the Devil still reigns supreme! 🤭!

• Like 1

• Founders
7 hours ago, Stewy said:

It's getting better but definitely have some stories :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been playing with my new Vintage air unit ! What a pain in the A$%  but that's another story. Finally fixed and put in a new sender for temp. Seems fine now!

36 minutes ago, wdl182 said:

I've been playing with my new Vintage air unit ! What a pain in the A$%  but that's another story. Finally fixed and put in a new sender for temp. Seems fine now!

I've heard many good things about Vintage air.  Been thinkin about it for my GTO.  Yea right...waay down the list of priorities for the $$$ allotment. 

• Haha 1

I bought mine because of the good things I have heard ! I'm not bashing them, just like with everthing else be prepared to have a issue or two. I got mine thru Gearhead Enterprise/ Rod parts Inc. out of Hudson,Iowa.