Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Dropped the new cap N rotor on over the new Pertronix ignition and fired the GTO.  Still not right, but alot better.  Did not test drive, will save that for tomorrow.  Most of the evening was spent selling the wifes Escape. Hope to finish the deal and have it outta my driveway tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

So I thought I had the bog figured out,  but a test ride proved I moved the bog to Justa off idle.  WTF?  So some shoulder of the road test N tune got me back running well off idle til the other 2 carbs lick in = BOG. Got it home and front carb is puking gas all over.  Mainly leaking from both sides of the throttle shaft.  When car is not running. Thinkin the float is stuck.  Gonna miss meetin up with Frosty,  Widetrackers and reveredGTO and the 1st Woodward Cruise of the year!.   I'll teach the GTO a lesson.....it can sit there N RUST!

• Like 2

We had a great night at the club Qizz night and got to catch up with some great friends, we got an invite to go see how my mates super bird build is going along, he is a complete mopar nut and even has a christine:drool:

so a couple of other mates are meeting up with us for a cruise to his shed, and i thought it would be nice to drag the 72 out and dust off the cobwebs, not sure when the last time was, might have been out late last year or so.

best give her a spin

dust off.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

So I thought I had the bog figured out,  but a test ride proved I moved the bog to Justa off idle.  WTF?  So some shoulder of the road test N tune got me back running well off idle til the other 2 carbs lick in = BOG. Got it home and front carb is puking gas all over.  Mainly leaking from both sides of the throttle shaft.  When car is not running. Thinkin the float is stuck.  Gonna miss meetin up with Frosty,  Widetrackers and reveredGTO and the 1st Woodward Cruise of the year!.   I'll teach the GTO a lesson.....it can sit there N RUST!

Hang in there buddy! You’ll get it figured out! I know it can be exasperating! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Last Indian said:

Hang in there buddy! You’ll get it figured out! I know it can be exasperating! 

Not that big of a deal,  Justa the timing of this mess. 1st chance to hang out with the club.

Messed with the GTO a bit today.  Justa checkin silly LIL things to make sure I'm not missin something stupid.  Rebuild kit for the carb will be here tomorrow. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Frosty said:

You rebuilding  only one carb? Or all of them?

Only the front one is leaking.  Only when you turn off the car.  Screaming float or needle valve sticking. Parts come in the kit.  Before I tear it apart, gonna Vac adjust the carbs one more time.   Might be gettin waaay to much gas, causing the bog.  As I seem to be able to move the bog by adjusting the timing, I hope it's not a streached timing chain.  Dang it, would have put more into the car today if I knew DC was next weekend.

• Like 1

Made more progress on Rubi. Doing a three-step correction progress on all painted areas of the body. Yesterday I started, and finished, the A & D pillars (B & C pillars are not painted) and roof. The roof. Single. Biggest. Panel. on. The. Van. I think I put down around four to five hours yesterday alone. So far I think I have around 24 hrs. into the project.

I need to make time by mid-week to oil prime Ren... she's been sitting too long w/o running the engine so that needs to be re-done (normally just do it when I'm bringing her out of winter storage) to prepare Wednesday, Thursday and Friday's unofficial Back to the Bricks Saginaw St. cruising.

This is pretty much my life for the past, oh, several months...

Tired The Big Bang Theory GIF

I'll will probably run down Saginaw St. on Thursday evening.

I am planning on making an unofficial run down Woodward to catch up with Indyman Joe and JUSTA6 Saturday morning. Care to tag along?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

I'll will probably run down Saginaw St. on Thursday evening.

I am planning on making an unofficial run down Woodward to catch up with Indyman Joe and JUSTA6 Saturday morning. Care to tag along?

Care to, yes! Can I? Not sure. What time are you thinking? I have an appointment in Fenton mid-morning and then another appointment in Lapeer around mid-afternoon. 😒

I actually woke Ren up this afternoon... thinking of cruising Saginaw in the next day or two (not sure about time). After starting her, I scanned her for codes thinking I would see a history code for fuel pump under-current (forget the P-designation). When I checked, the history code wasn't there... kinda weird.

Edited by Stewy

Haven't set a time yet. My personal desire would be .early morning (e.g. dawn patrol type of thing) but we shall see. I need to call JUSTA and Indyman and see what works. RevereGTO will be at the Widetracker's area. So we might stop to say "Hi" to him as well.

Boy does that look familiar! Looks a lot like my 69Z did after a dash fire! Wow what a mess! Especially after it’s been dry chemical sprayed to extinguish it and then an added dash of monoammonium phosphate, just to make sure all A type combustibles are out too! Yuck! Kudos Frosty ! That’s a lot of work and in very uncomfortable positions lots of times!

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 7:03 AM, Frosty said:

Busy day for me. I managed to squeeze some time in on Lucy. I got the new RetroSound radio installed in the dash, I swapped out the old circuit board in the back of the gauges for a new one. I re-did the wiring harness for the new tach. I got the dash re-mounted but not fully installed by the time I had to clean up and go to the club meeting.

A62C8BF9-9A67-46A6-BAA9-FF3348E38D78.thumb.jpeg.033455493964e3fbb17d8b9f71af63f1.jpeg

50C1582D-4C3A-4F8F-832F-DB2F984F133C.thumb.jpeg.a647f98cf4f74b3598428a755ba53625.jpeg

Here is what Lucy looked like this morning!

0CFE97A0-3334-4126-BDD3-DF22B1287C75.thumb.jpeg.4b25f2989f89fd23fb62b696c29a685a.jpeg

I had to cut my day short to go to the Widetrackers club meeting. We were meeting at the Pontiac Transportation Museum site in Pontiac for a meeting, a tour, and then a cruise down famous Woodward Avenue! So I rushed and put Lucy away, showered, and got the Buick Roadmonster out for its first ever Woodward Cruise.

I’ll post about the PTM and Woodward in a separate thread later. Of course I took pictures. Oh and I met up with another member of the FP family for the first time?!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Boy does that look familiar! Looks a lot like my 69Z did after a dash fire! Wow what a mess! Especially after it’s been dry chemical sprayed to extinguish it and then an added dash of monoammonium phosphate, just to make sure all A type combustibles are out too! Yuck! Kudos Frosty ! That’s a lot of work and in very uncomfortable positions lots of times!

You know it Last Indian. Lying on my back with the seat studs poking my back is the worst part.

I take a lot of photos with my iPhone before I take certain things apart so I know how they go back together. I have not totally lost my mind (yet) but t doesn't mean I remember what order those three wires go in when I disconnected them three weeks ago either. I think the most time consuming thing will be doing all the speaker wiring for the  new radio. I just hope I don't screw something up along the way.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know your pain after having to remove and reinstall our '72's dash.  Hopefully everything is ok with your reinstall and it's a simple fix to get everything working. 

• Like 2