Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

I got to spend almost 2 days working on Lucy this weekend. It was hot and it was even hotter working with the heat gun! I think I tweaked my knee in the process. It's been screaming at me all night and all day today. It hasn't hurt this bad in months.

I have the dash installed. I had to re-use the old engine and power connections from the old console tach I had, so I ended up butchering both ends of that new wiring harness - go figure.... so much for buying a pre-made one! LOL! The tach now works and works well! I zip tied up the excess wire under the dash.

I ended up taking the headlight switch back out (after the photo below was taken) once I tested the headlights and nothing was coming on and the pull knob was coming back out. I realized the retaining nut that holds the switch to the dash was messed up and I know have to order a new one from OPGI (no local parts store carries them, I checked). The switch is fine. I tested it once I got it out of the dash.

I re-attached the cable between the heater control and heater core box.

I began the long tedious process of connecting the speaker wires up to the new radio's wiring harness.

I ended up on OPGI and NPD's websites last night - spent another $300 on stuff. Hopefully most of it will be here by the weekend (with luck). I also spent another $250 for a replacement battery for my cordless impact gun, a new electric impact gun, and some impact sockets and extentsions. I am a money spending fool right now.

I think I have a problem with that new circuit board I bought for the cluster. I think it is the wrong one. When I hit the high beam, I get the right turn signal to come on (non-flashing). When I turn on the right turn signal, I have no flashing turn signal indicator at all. Sigh.....I haven't research that one yet. I'm going to be really pissed if I have to take that dash back out and replace that circuit board again.

I still have to run the power connections for the new radio  before I can button up the dash. I didn't get to them this weekend.

image.thumb.png.2c0fa419dc0055ffb67b0d63bfe0a662.png

Hmm, might have to change your name to Hoppy Frosty! watch ya knees mate, i have to wear knee pads these days thanks to bursitis 

Question why did you change the circuit board on your dash cluster? 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

7 hours ago, Stewy said:

I know about knee pain! I had to have some of my left knee removed years ago due to a football injury. There is a very specific way a knee is to bend and bending in any other direction is bad 😝.

So, as of last evening, detailing Rubi is finally done!!!! Literally MONTHS of work! There is no emoji to relate the level of completion I feel about that. However, that doesn't mean she's ready to be christened. Next up, oil change. Then to get my daughter's car seat moved from our temporary "family hauler" (T.C.) to Rubi. For as much work as I've put into Rubi over the last few months I really do feel like breaking a champagne bottle over a quarter panel is in order... if only that wouldn't undo all the detailing work I put into the paint!

As an aside, I made an appointment for Ren to have her dealership maintenance items taken care of. Since I don't have the appropriate tools, I take her in for specific things - transmission fluid exchange, fuel system cleaning and coolant exchange. It's just easier when the garage has the exchange machines - really does make life easier and what I may pay in $$ it certainly makes up for in saving time - which I seem to have none of as of late.

After Rubi is in service, next up will be tearing T.C.'s ('09 Malibu) rear deck apart to see what gives with that rear passenger speaker rattle. The trunk release button (mounted on the driver door) has been acting up so I ordered a replacement switch last night from Rock Auto.

Slowly, very slowly clawing my way through the to-do list...

Got to show us some pictures of Rubi's shiny coat mate:dancingpontiac:

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 2:23 PM, Frosty said:

I got to spend almost 2 days working on Lucy this weekend. It was hot and it was even hotter working with the heat gun! I think I tweaked my knee in the process. It's been screaming at me all night and all day today. It hasn't hurt this bad in months.

Frosty, you known I feel for you! Two major knee surgeries just to put my knee back together from football; wow! And the other needed surgery, but I never did get it. But, I did find quite awhile ago that at least for me, what keeps my knees good! I mean good, bend, squat, kneel for extended periods of time was this! Every morning I kneel like the Land O Lakes Indian maiden for a full minute! Basically I sit right done on my heels. That said I did have to work up to it slowly! In the beginning I thought my knees were going to come apart like a chicken leg.

A8D07174-0BA5-421A-8D05-6B4AB8AA3B42.jpeg
But be carful if you try it your issue might be completely different from mine!

Edited by Last Indian
  • Sad 1

Shame they got rid of this logo.  Remember as a kid we used to fold the box to put the knee's in here hands.  Guess what that looks like..... LMAO

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Shame they got rid of this logo.  Remember as a kid we used to fold the box to put the knee's in here hands.  Guess what that looks like..... LMAO

Hahahaha, yes i do !

5 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Frosty, you known I feel for you! Two major knee surgeries just to put my knee back together from football; wow! And the other needed surgery, but I never did get it. But, I did find quite awhile ago that at least for me, what keeps my knees good! I mean good, bend, squat, kneel for extended periods of time was this! Every morning I kneel like the Land O Lakes Indian maiden for a full minute! Basically I sit right done on my heels. That said I did have to work up to it slowly! In the beginning I thought my knees were going to come apart like a chicken leg.

Yip glories of getting older.... knees, hernias, oh and bloody eye sight! 

sooo much to look forward too !! NOT

Justa, what was in the box ????

14 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Got to show us some pictures of Rubi's shiny coat mate:dancingpontiac:

Will do, Kiwi. Right now she's up on jack stands in the middle of an oil change. Consistently getting up at 4am has drained me so last night I drained the oil, swapped filters, put the new oil in and then went to bed; I left everything else until later today. 🙃

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Last Indian said:

14 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Justa, what was in the box ????

Real butter....not margarine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/business/land-o-lakes-butter.html

End of another era.

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

I was having issues when I turn on the headlights. Sometimes when I turn on the headlights, the dash lights would not come on for several minutes. Kinda scary on dark nights. Other times if I turn the knob to adjust the brightness of the dash lights, I could see it directly affect the gas and water temperature gage readings. This appeared to be a classic case of a bad or intermittent ground or short.

Then I took the dash out to replace the bulbs with LEDs and I noticed the circuit board where it plugs into the wiring harness and how it was starting to delaminate at the connection. I figured that might be contributing to my dash problems. So a new one was ordered.

1214341963_IMG_5132(2).JPG.0ce71f78a9e53c90292789cfd9f19f52.JPG

You know what Frosty, that sounds more like a main light switch fault🙄

What makes you say that? I mean I see the obvious relationship of the headlight switch in play here. I’m just wondering if you’ve seen this problem before.

38 minutes ago, Frosty said:

What makes you say that? I mean I see the obvious relationship of the headlight switch in play here. I’m just wondering if you’ve seen this problem before.

Yes mate 

if it’s a standard gm type pull slide switch it feeds the power to the dash lights and you have a poor contact within that switch 

My camaro  had that issue 

bet they are cheap to buy new 

or you could open it up and clean all the contacts 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

and if it’s a standard gm type one it will have a rheostat (I think is the name for it)  that does the dimming when you turn the knob and they get dirty and stop feeding power through to the dash lights too 🍻

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Yes mate 

if it’s a standard gm type pull slide switch it feeds the power to the dash lights and you have a poor contact within that switch 

My camaro  had that issue 

bet they are cheap to buy new 

or you could open it up and clean all the contacts 

Last time I priced them, they are around $20-25. Trick is finding a local parts store that carries one these days for a Pontiac.

For certain interchangeable parts, they don’t have it for a Pontiac but they have it for a Chevelle. Grrr,,,,,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

Last time I priced them, they are around $20-25. Trick is finding a local parts store that carries one these days for a Pontiac.

For certain interchangeable parts, they don’t have it for a Pontiac but they have it for a Chevelle. Grrr,,,,,

Ten bucks says its a bloody standard gm switch, :cheers:

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 3:04 AM, JUSTA6 said:

Real butter....not margarine.

you Know what Justa... they are now saying full cream butter is better for you than the preservative marge we are consuming!!! 

go bloody figure! i was brought up on a farm, as kids we loved having the full cream cows milk!:stars:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 2:07 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

you Know what Justa... they are now saying full cream butter is better for you than the preservative marge we are consuming!!! 

go bloody figure! i was brought up on a farm, as kids we loved having the full cream cows milk!:stars:

Went back to real butter many years ago.  Still drink whole milk too.  Wife likes the 2% crap.  Justa get a glass of water.  Nothin rots my rear more than paying for bottled water.  Esp since I still have a well.

• Like 1

Amazing as always..  So in one shot, there is a reflection of the Buick emblem.  Had to be an angle thing cause I don't see it out in plain sight.  You da man.:clapping:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Went back to real butter many years ago.  Still drink whole milk too.  Wife likes the 2% crap.  Justa get a glass of water.  Nothin rots my rear more than paying for bottled water.  Esp since I still have a well.

yes mate, we are on rain water and rural scheme water supply thats full of chemicals, so i limit how much we us of that, i dont mine bird shit, its good for your immune systyem:cheers: Hahaha

• Like 1

Finally got time to move the caddy to its new home and just on 3 inches clearance 🍻

B1088555-5FD1-4A68-9A68-9386278AADD4.jpeg

Last night we did a memorial cruise for a mate who past one year ago 

was about 40 cars and we parked up at the lake 

here is a couple of my mates toys 

5707E513-E7DB-4734-989B-A04DD212F3BC.jpeg

138575D8-9C48-4A62-B66C-AB8BC5AD3B84.jpeg

• Like 2