Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

I picked up Black Beauty from the body and paint shop literally the day before I left for Power Tour. I will post pictures of her once I get a change to photograph her.

I got home Saturday night from Power Tour. The Roadmonster needed an oil change (after driving 2100 miles in a week), tire rotation, a tank of gas, and a car wash. It got it and now she's put away in the garage mahal. I still need to finish unpacking the trunk. I took an insane of crap with me - JUSTA in case.

Yeah I took everything! including the kitchen sink 2 years ago!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Ordered my new braided line, including clamp covers.  Rebuild kit for my Holley and looked into the fuel pump for the Sunbird.

Side note,  Talking with my son this weekend and my plans to rebuild my carb, told him I've talked to Holley (don't want Chineezze crap) Holley sells BLUE gasket kits that are better with todays fuel, but I noticed the bowl gaskets were still cork. Holley can't ship me a kit until AUG 13th!!!  Called Jegs and they have the kit in stock.   My son contacted a carb guru down in FLA that until recently owned his own carb/ EFI business and he is sending me RED gaskets which are the best for guys that have cars that sit more than driven.  I have never heard of RED gaskets. They are a LIL thicker/softer and have a much better seal.  Have no idea who makes this gasket kit until it arrives. Will pass this info along when I find out.  Here is a pic of my sons Chevy powered Mustang,,,with the brown seat inserts, :rofl: JUSTA before all 4 wheels were off the ground and riding the bumper:naughty:  

image.png.3f78ee1f76e5a599406adaacf2de3a83.png

wsn2009fri_020e1.jpg

• Like 2

All he was just doing new convertible top rewire car replace the speedo gear fix gas gauge install his and her shifter and install engine that I provided did not do speed gear, shifter gas gauge and still took more than 8 months

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Ordered my new braided line, including clamp covers.  Rebuild kit for my Holley and looked into the fuel pump for the Sunbird.

Side note,  Talking with my son this weekend and my plans to rebuild my carb, told him I've talked to Holley (don't want Chineezze crap) Holley sells BLUE gasket kits that are better with todays fuel, but I noticed the bowl gaskets were still cork. Holley can't ship me a kit until AUG 13th!!!  Called Jegs and they have the kit in stock.   My son contacted a carb guru down in FLA that until recently owned his own carb/ EFI business and he is sending me RED gaskets which are the best for guys that have cars that sit more than driven.  I have never heard of RED gaskets. They are a LIL thicker/softer and have a much better seal.  Have no idea who makes this gasket kit until it arrives. Will pass this info along when I find out.  Here is a pic of my sons Chevy powered Mustang,,,with the brown seat inserts, :rofl: JUSTA before all 4 wheels were off the ground and riding the bumper:naughty:  

image.png.3f78ee1f76e5a599406adaacf2de3a83.png

wsn2009fri_020e1.jpg

And that’s the only way to make a ford go fast justA :cheers:

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Cleaning and repainting or undercoating the bottom of the car, gas tank, straps and anything else while it's open and access able.  While waiting for the Holley kit.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2023 at 8:47 PM, wdl182 said:

Don't I know how that goes! English Cocker??

American Cocker.  Smaller, right now he's 8lbs and will around 25 full grown. English is 35-40 lbs.  Awesome dogs, he already has fetch down pat and doesn't stop.  Gotta put the ball up. 😁  Then he crashes hard into a nap.

13 hours ago, 10_jet_vibe said:

In the last couple weeks, I’ve replaced my cracked driver’s headlight assembly, added fogs, and put on a vinyl sticker refresh to the centers of my front and rear emblems. I’ll be putting on a new set of 17 inch Corolla XRS wheels and tires, and adding a GT spoiler in the coming weeks. Did a quick wash last night to admire my progress..

IMG_6672.jpeg

IMG_6677.jpeg

IMG_6676.jpeg

Nice job, always liked my daughters Torrent.  Very sharp rides.  She is still driving hers as a daily.  Thankz for the update and the pic's.....We like pics, send more as you progress.:pontiac:

• Like 2

Damn I'm an idiot.... (what nobody gonna disagree???) 

banghead.gif     Finished the engine compartment fuel line, clean/replace all rubber to the carb. (including braided line) Rebuilt the Holley and repainted/polished chrome.  I scraped the old base to blower gasket off and didn't have one to replace. Planned on picking one up when I went to get INS on the car.  I never went so now have to wait til Monday.  Was planning on attending the Pontiac Museum gig tomorrow. 

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 1

Today, I drove the GP to a.........Ford museum. Yeah, okay. Put away the pitchforks, flaming torches and the rocks. It's the only car related thing up my way, so I thought I'd show them what GM came up with in 1965. See my GP thread for some pics.

I have to say, I thought my car was the coolest thing in the carpark AND in the 'museum,' which is just a collection of sheds filled with partially restored Fords and lotsa tractors. Who doesn't love a tractor?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Damn I'm an idiot.... (what nobody gonna disagree???) 

banghead.gif     Finished the engine compartment fuel line, clean/replace all rubber to the carb. (including braided line) Rebuilt the Holley and repainted/polished chrome.  I scraped the old base to blower gasket off and didn't have one to replace. Planned on picking one up when I went to get INS on the car.  I never went so now have to wait til Monday.  Was planning on attending the Pontiac Museum gig tomorrow. 

Ah ! The old … forgot to get the bits I need for the car on Friday before the shops are closed trick aye justA :rofl:

Been there done that 😡

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Ah ! The old … forgot to get the bits I need for the car on Friday before the shops are closed trick aye justA :rofl:

Been there done that 😡

My Insurance agent closes @ 5pm.  I thought about leaving at 4:45.  Too damn late.  Made my run this morning, finished my repainting and am headin out to put er back together and hopefully fire it up. 

• Like 2

Waited til today to fire the Bird.  Put paper towels under every connection and had the wife watch for leaks in engine comp while I climbed under to check all tank connections for leaks. She screams and I jump up and hit the switch.  Ohhh sorry, It was such a splash in the fuel filter when it hit.  Turned everything back on and tank check was good, could hear fuel splashing in the tank.  Wait what?  Checked down the carb,  dry N perfect, ck fuel pressure gauge....0.  The filter is only half full, nothing has gone past it.  Of course this time I add 5 full gallons @ 8lbs a gallon.  Something is wrong in the tank and I have to drop it again.  This time I can't use the pump to drain the tank. Not to mention what a freakin B'iach it was to get the tank back in with a side filler tube.

crap_zps6887aaf7.gif

banghead.gif

been tested.png

Captain.jpg

• Haha 2