Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Not doing it today but...found a freeze plug leaking right over the motor mount drivers side...never smelled coolant or noticed a loss of coolant but its there. small rusty ass trail. so i found a nice engine stand on FB marketplace for $50 brand new with the 4 splayed wheels as opposed to the 3 wheel tippers. Picked it up on my daily drives in the man van 10 miles from home! now tracking down a cherry picker. Engine has to come out  brass plugs should be here from butler tomorrow. pisses me off as this is our time of the year me and Michelle rack up the miles/smiles. 2 weeks coming up end of aug begining sept...may just get a lower pressure rad cap and see what happens LOL  justa finally got rid of the new age GPS crap for speed and miles hanging off the cig lighter..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Saturday night - after Roadkill Nights??? Justa a thought. Some disassembly required.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

If your able to go through the wheel well, and get the leaker out. They make a rubber temporary  plug you can slide in, has metal washers and you tighten a bolt in the middle expanding the plug til your good to go.  It's a boat thing as they pull water from the outside.  Kinda a replace or sink thing.  I Have used em on cars as well.  Get ya through the last couple months of summer.  If one is bad on your motor, you can bet they all are.

• Like 2

Got my carb at 7:20 last night. Didn't think Brown delivered past 7pm.  It's on N ready to go, but have an issue with the large vacume placement for hook up.  Old one was on pass side, this is in the middle back.  Already made new braided line for the far side, but can't remember where the Hole in the hood comes in and if I have clearance to run it down the back of the blower.  To be figured out this afternoon.  

• Like 2

Great, Justa dropped my truck off @ transmission shop.  Managed to limp it there and call the Boss to pick me up. There's another $2K, but a good deal on a rebuild as I have known the Waynes brother's since I was a kid.  Was hoping to get off fairly easy like the Wifes GMC Acadia 2 weeks ago.  Oh Yea....The GTO is parked for not shifting as well.  

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

What's this with you and trannies Justa? Ya gotta shift it inta gear dude!

I'm wondering what you N your magic hat have to do with all of this???  Drumroll.... climb in after checking complete fuel system for leaks, go to turn key and.....(wait for it)  I left the key on.  Fuel pump has it's own toggle.  Enough battery for that. Has now been on the charger 6 hrs and still showing half charge.  So I dug out N replaced 16 landscape timbers around the privot hedge on one side of my yard.  Tired and sore as hell now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JustAG6 said:

Before her alternator decided to retire, we had a fun little photo shoot. Now justa getting Dad's help on that before the Dream Cruise... 

PXL_20230813_221142650~3.jpg

awww havent you got the best dad in the whole world ? justaG6 !:dancingpontiac:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got my truck back yesterday, so I'm mobile again. Huge!  But the boss has furniture delivery today and won't be around.  So I have to stick around for the window (all afternoon) that they might show up with her stuff.  Have the Water Wetter so I can start buttoning up the engine comp. Got the wrong Alt for the G6 and the tensioner 3/8 hole is stripped, so have to get creative to get that out and replaced.  

image.png.2a2e70957817c5884ca562fc07befd35.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Got the wrong Alt for the G6 and the tensioner 3/8 hole is stripped, so have to get creative to get that out and replaced.  

Sounds like you need a helicoil repair kit. Or simply tap the hole and alternator bracket to the next bolt size.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Got my truck back yesterday, so I'm mobile again. Huge!  But the boss has furniture delivery today and won't be around.  So I have to stick around for the window (all afternoon) that they might show up with her stuff.  Have the Water Wetter so I can start buttoning up the engine comp. Got the wrong Alt for the G6 and the tensioner 3/8 hole is stripped, so have to get creative to get that out and replaced.  

Oh come on dad ! It’s your favourite daughters car ! I am sure you can sort it :dancingpontiac:

• Haha 1