Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

US Mag. They were custom made for the car. 

12 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Nice color, who makes those rims?

US Mag. They were custom made for the car. 

• Like 2

I had to take yesterday morning off from work. Over the weekend, my 2018 Chevy Colorado developed a slow leak. I went to the tire store on Saturday where I bought the tires, they were closed.....for a birthday party....for a 5-year old daughter of one of the employees. Hmmmm. 

So I had to wait until Monday to get the tire in. I pulled down my full size spare tire to drive around on Saturday afternoon. I found the problem - the tire is lost and I need a new one. A screw right into the side wall. Crap! 

What amazes me is this happened on the back side / inside of the tire and not the outside. 

I dropped the tire off yesterday. The tire store had to order one. I expect it to be in today, tomorrow at the latest.

IMG_8204.thumb.JPG.7c2f6dbab89b74115a1b9e6a3194176f.JPGIMG_8205.thumb.JPG.3ab85d524fc24694748bd987e0ddbac1.JPG

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, Frosty said:

I had to take yesterday morning off from work. Over the weekend, my 2018 Chevy Colorado developed a slow leak. I went to the tire store on Saturday where I bought the tires, they were closed.....for a birthday party....for a 5-year old daughter of one of the employees. Hmmmm. 

So I had to wait until Monday to get the tire in. I pulled down my full size spare tire to drive around on Saturday afternoon. I found the problem - the tire is lost and I need a new one. A screw right into the side wall. Crap! 

What amazes me is this happened on the back side / inside of the tire and not the outside. 

I dropped the tire off yesterday. The tire store had to order one. I expect it to be in today, tomorrow at the latest.

IMG_8204.thumb.JPG.7c2f6dbab89b74115a1b9e6a3194176f.JPGIMG_8205.thumb.JPG.3ab85d524fc24694748bd987e0ddbac1.JPG

Dam tradies dropping screws all over the road again !!! Hahaha .. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Dam tradies dropping screws all over the road again !!! Hahaha .. 

Justa goes to show that there are screws loose everywhere!!!!

I will be picking up the new tire at lunch today.

• Haha 2

Pulled the tank again, can't see anything wrong.  Justa gonna replace the pump with a out side of tank electric pump.  Spent the entire day trying to find a fuel pump pickup screen, nobody in the automotive world has a clue what I'm lookin for.  Replace the pump with a length of fuel line and simply add a screen end.

image.thumb.png.3db2bf59a20438a0b43e54393e99cd32.png

Even my Sea Ray boat has one and the local boat shop with a parts counter was clueless.  I know, call my Yamaha bike/snowmobile  shop.  Yea Steve  I have em, whats the prob?  Whats the biggest size you have?  3/8.... perfect, see ya in a minute. 

Tomorrow will have to find a pusher pump to get the go juice to the carb. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Frosty said:

Justa goes to show that there are screws loose everywhere!!!!

I will be picking up the new tire at lunch today.

I got the new tire installed on the truck today at lunch,time, before the rains came. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Pulled the tank again, can't see anything wrong.  Justa gonna replace the pump with a out side of tank electric pump. 

thats stinks mate !

i like the idea of the pump in the tank ! its quieter and runs cooler 

had you looked at tanks inc ?

https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm

i used one of their in tank high pressure pump kits in the efi cortina build and was super happy with how it preformed .

i am going to use them again for both the 57 and the 63 !

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

thats stinks mate !

i like the idea of the pump in the tank ! its quieter and runs cooler 

had you looked at tanks inc ?

https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm

i used one of their in tank high pressure pump kits in the efi cortina build and was super happy with how it preformed .

i am going to use them again for both the 57 and the 63 !

Great site, I searched gas tank sites and did not find this one.  Found an Edelbrock 4-7lb pressure pump at local parts store for $60.00   I was not able to match my pump in the tank. (anywhere) So I'm headin down this road instead. Can't stand the heat in the garage for very long and head back in the house to cool off.  

Didn't know ya wrecked the new one already.  Glad you could fix it. Runnin around is done for the day. Gotta get the lawn done so I can get to the garage.

• Like 2