Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

1 hour ago, 10_jet_vibe said:

No, I made some from a set of blank Corolla caps I bought on Amazon, and some vinyl Pontiac decals I bought on eBay. 

Nice, here is a link to Pontiac heaven.  They have centercap inserts. Enjoy, your gonna be there awhile lookin.

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=Pontiac&ref=search_bar

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Haha 1

On 8/2/2023 at 9:24 AM, Frosty said:

I dropped the Hummer H3 off this morning at the shop. As soon as it's done, in goes the pickup.

Picked up the wife's Hummer yesterday. Expensive fixes - a new complete set of tires, all new brakes (rotors and pads) all the way around, new set of shocks, and replaced one of the front hubs. Over $4k repair bill.

My truck goes into the shop Monday. New brakes (I already purchased the Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors and matching pads from Summit Racing), and new iridium spark plugs (I guess you have to remove the intake manifold to get to the passenger side plugs. I am getting a "Service Stabiltrak" warning. I'm hoping it is related to the brakes since the rears are chirping bad.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Picked up the wife's Hummer yesterday. Expensive fixes - a new complete set of tires, all new brakes (rotors and pads) all the way around, new set of shocks, and replaced one of the front hubs. Over $4k repair bill.

My truck goes into the shop Monday. New brakes (I already purchased the Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors and matching pads from Summit Racing), and new iridium spark plugs (I guess you have to remove the intake manifold to get to the passenger side plugs. I am getting a "Service Stabiltrak" warning. I'm hoping it is related to the brakes since the rears are chirping bad.

Was getting that code and 2 others as I limped the wifes Acadia home from our UP trip.  They replaced a front wheelhub N brakes that solved the prob. Was NOT an engine code, but up in the oil change/tire pressure box at the top of the instrument panel.  Then almost a G in a new set of tires for the truck. Again, no where near your total for the Hummer alone. Shoot you got both Hotrods in the shop too.  :stars:

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 3:21 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

sounds like you need a edelbrock justA :rofl:

I must agree!

@JUSTA6 since my 1406 has been fitted, the car is a dream. Perfect cold start, easy drive off, fuels really well at all speeds, accelerates strong...

• Like 2

On 8/5/2023 at 7:24 AM, Frosty said:

Yeah Lucy is in the shop but I still have Black Beupauty and the Roadmonster to play with.

I took the Roadmonster’s battery to AutoZone to be tested. Dead as a door nail. They gave me $10 merch card for the core. I have a spare battery. A Diehard my dad had for it. I went to install it, top post terminals for a car with side mount terminals!  So I guess I’m spending that $10 on new post adapters. Shit.

I've connected the spare battery to the Roadmonster. Click. :angry:

I took the battery out and over to Autozone. Load test shows it needs to be charged but okay. So now it is setting on the battery charger. I hope it's charged before the work day is over.

The truck is done. In addition to new brake rotors and pads all the way around, new spark plugs, it needed a new front hub, a new wheel speed sensor, a transfer case flush n' fill, a gasket kit for the intake manifold (have to remove the intake to get at the passenger side spark plugs). Truck is done. $1800 later. Yea.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I’m going back to AutoZone at lunch. I had the battery on a 10 amp charge for nearly 8 hours today and it appears to be still low. I suspect this spare battery is also a goner. I could be looking at another $140-240 cost for a new battery. Yea.

Or it’s a train coming at you! JUSTA saying…..

all my cars that sit, thier batterys go flat ! except one !!! the 1995 dodge ram battery has never let me down! that truck can sit for months unused and it will fire straight up ! and its justA normal, nothing special battery !!... i truely think its luck of the draw with lead acid batteries these days ! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

all my cars that sit, thier batterys go flat ! except one !!! the 1995 dodge ram battery has never let me down! that truck can sit for months unused and it will fire straight up ! and its justA normal, nothing special battery !!... i truely think its luck of the draw with lead acid batteries these days ! 

That why I tend to purchase Optima batteries. Instead of the traditional lead/acid cell, they use a spiral cores. Let me justa say that they have lasted longer, using a battery tender, than most other traditional batteries I've had over the years. Not sure if it's Optima's design or I've justa had real good luck with them. Optima's are pricey though. That's the down side.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Went to AutoZone as promised. I had put the battery on the charger for almost another 4 huors before I went there. I had them test it. It was fully charged but volts went from 12.2V to zero once a load was put on it. Essentially this battery is also shot. I'm not really surprised at this point. So I dropped $260 for a red top Optima. I will put it in the Roadmonster tonight or tomorrow.

Shit.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1