Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

3 hours ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

It was just used in a wedding photo shoot.

So Del, do you rent her out for shoots or did you know these people?

• Confused 1

wow Del ! number 2 looks so great in those pictures with the blue shutters in the back ground 👍

i remember you rebuilt the trans in #1, did you use stock parts for your rebuild? any modifications  ?

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

That thing is gonna be the shiniest part of the car! My carb is ready and SHOULD be on it's way on the first available spaceship from their Jupiter headquarters...probably via Pluto.

I hope you can bolt it on and drive away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fitzy said:

That thing is gonna be the shiniest part of the car! My carb is ready and SHOULD be on it's way on the first available spaceship from their Jupiter headquarters...probably via Pluto.

I hope you can bolt it on and drive away.

Do you want to borrow my seagul ? :rofl: he flew all the way from Hagerstown, MD to Taupo NZ in 3 weeks :cheers:

and that was for $77usd :dancingpontiac:

• Haha 1

That's pretty sharp for international freight. My own package will be on board the Nostromo - that's the ship in Alien where the crew get systematically knocked off by the creature. So my chances of ever seeing it are slim.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

That's pretty sharp for international freight. My own package will be on board the Nostromo - that's the ship in Alien where the crew get systematically knocked off by the creature. So my chances of ever seeing it are slim.

You watch too much tv !:rofl:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Except Greenpeace - they'd try and roll yours back into the ocean!

awesome netflix GIF by Our Planet

i feel like we are in the water !!! we have had over 4 inches of rain in the last 24 hours here in Taupo... Auckland wasnt so lucky they have had 12inchs in the last 24 hours ! major flooding up there!

so much for summer :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Finished standing in the rain doing gardens for the boss and thought !!!

Right now I can go fit the new carb to the 64 !!!

rain still coming down , so I stuck the 64 in the shed 

popped off the linkage 

undid the an fitting into the old carb … best I check it will fit the new Avs2……

0BD2C537-6951-496B-B90E-DB5ABC8DF9CB.jpeg

Fail ! 
the old carter has a way bigger thread ( i think the old/bigger thread is the same as holly)

so I put it all back together and parked her back outside !! It’s Sunday here and there will be no one open that has the right a fitting to hook to my fuel line . 

One step forward …. One step back !

while under hood looking at the diffance of the linkages i noted i am going to have to make custom bracket for both the accelerator shaft and the trans shaft, the avs2 has nothing even close to the original carter ! :dancingpontiac:gota love aftermarket !!!

378FCDB9-DF75-4E9D-8FBA-80D2B8FC122D.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1