Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Del !!!ย 
that is so cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž!! I love it because itโ€™s different !!!ย 
the paint looks like one job to do , but what else does it need ?

what engine and trans ???, the interior looks clean as !!!ย 

So going to need to find an old school roof rack for the long ย board !!!

I bet your son is over the moon !!! He is going to love being up high and driving a vehicle with a chassis ! Safe as !ย 

Funny you popped over to san Fran ! The boss has suggested we go back there next month !!!ย 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Wow ! Lots a toys with Ls engines in them Del ! And I see another sitting in the floor !ย 
I bet there is a power steer kit for your new burb mate ! .. certainly will make for a much nicer drive ! As soo will a disc up grade โ€ฆ both 21st century worthy upgradesย :cheers:

ย 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fitzy said:

I never knew such a vehicle even existed - it looks uber cool. The Yanks always were crazy about 2 doors - never mind the inconvenience, just give us no more than 2 doors! Australian manufacturers dabbled with a smattering of fullsize 2 doors. Back in the day they were a hard sell, but of course now they command mega dollars. Isn't it funny how past trends eventually become popular? I get lots of admiring looks, thumbs up and conversations wherever I might be in the GP. The general public understand that these old girls are so stylish and reminescent of a time long gone. I have to wonder what the 20 somethings make of them. They are so anti establishment, so that must be an appealing factor.

Not sure if it's true but I'll have heard that 2 door cars was actually cheaper then the 4 door equivalent back in the day.

• Like 2

Oh - that's interesting. Here in Oz, you paid a premium for the missing coupla doors and reduced interior space.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

The air cleaner base arrived and I am happy with the nice swept entry to the throatย 

IMG_0552.jpeg

So I got to test out my new bead roller that came with a pair of shear wheels and chopped it downย 

IMG_0553.jpeg

Punched some 5mm holes in itย 

IMG_0555.jpeg

And itโ€™s ready to plug weldย 

IMG_0554.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

I cut the old carter sized center out of my factory air cleaner and in with the new 5 1/4 throat to suit the edelbrock.

IMG_0556.jpeg

And coat of rattle can blackย 

IMG_0557.jpeg

And the rain has stopped !!! So while that dries I can get the Safari ย in onto the hoistย :dancingpontiac:

Wow! Is there anything you canโ€™t do? Great job!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

Wow! Is there anything you canโ€™t do? Great job!

Hi Del !

I have been buying some new tools lately .. you havenโ€™t seen half of them yet !!!

:cheers:
since getting my plan for not only the 57 and now the 63 in placeย 

I have decided to make my job easier by getting some real tools !

for years I have been making do . Or going to a sheet metal shop ..

now โ€ฆ I can sort my own tooling for the job in handย :cheers:

For years I used a Oxy/act blow touch to cut steel โ€ฆ last week I bought my first plasma cutter !!! Talk about night and day !!! itโ€™s so quick , clean and only uses air and power !!!!

add to that my new box and pan sheet metal folder . A sheet metal roller and Shrinker/stretcher .

i had the 63 Safari on my hoist yesterday and today just evaluating what I need to do and really โ€ฆ itโ€™s nothing worse than what I had to do on my 64 ..strip, clean and paint, some new bushings and back together .:cheers:

And to me this isnโ€™t work , itโ€™s justA my hobby , it doesnโ€™t need to be finished today or tomorrow, it will be done when I am ready ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

ย 

11 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Oh yeahhh! That looks good bro. Cant wait to see it mounted!

You know what mate !! All this time I kept all the parts of the air cleaner together soooo carefully โ€ฆ I went to fit it on the edelbrock today โ€ฆ and I canโ€™t find my factory butterfly nut !!!!

a really wtf moment !!!ย ๐Ÿ˜ก

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

Speaking of new tools, look at what the wife bought me for my bday. Looks like i will be taking it up a notch with car restoration. The 66 suburban is doing great. I just finished with front disk brake conversion. I want to make the rear solid glass sliders so it my be my first welding project. You can see a picture of an old window frame. It is double channel. One is 1/2โ€wide and the other is 3/4. The trick is the corner curves. I guess I need to cut notches to allow it to curve then weld it back. Also I imagine i will need to bend up my channel vs finding the correct u-channel size. Oh, one more thing, i have never welded other than cheap harbor freight 110v stick welder. Should be a learning experience.

IMG_1227.jpeg

IMG_9957.jpeg

IMG_1060.jpeg

IMG_1118.jpeg

Nice welder, that's what I call a b-day giftย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ( happy birthday) just get some scrap's andย  start practicing, you got this.

Mig is ok but i have been playing with tig witch is another whole story.

You should keep that wife ๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andy H said:

Nice welder, that's what I call a b-day giftย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ( happy birthday) just get some scrap's andย  start practicing, you got this.

Mig is ok but i have been playing with tig witch is another whole story.

You should keep that wife ๐Ÿ˜€

i am with Andy!!! your wife is certainly a keeper Del !!!

any woman who buys preszzys like that is gold !!!:bowdown:

mig is easy as to use ! flux core wire is a bit more messy than using argon gas and plain wire, but still great to useย 

gota love tools that make life easier !!!:cheers:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...