Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

NOW let's see whose POS gets on the road again. I've got next weekend free, so here's hoping the Nostromo lands in Oz pretty soon and I can do some more fiddling & swearing.

Wow - lots of rain for you. We've had some good blasts but mainly just scattered showers.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Finished standing in the rain doing gardens for the boss and thought !!!

Right now I can go fit the new carb to the 64 !!!

rain still coming down , so I stuck the 64 in the shed 

popped off the linkage 

undid the an fitting into the old carb … best I check it will fit the new Avs2……

/cdn-cgi/mirage/d0d7b897c25fd0e39d513e1f86efac0d067aaea4978f01975f03818c57b48a29/1280/https://foreverpontiac.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/0BD2C537-6951-496B-B90E-DB5ABC8DF9CB.thumb.jpeg.0c1d57106cc58b7312ce35e31ae4c740.jpeg

Fail ! 
the old carter has a way bigger thread ( i think the old/bigger thread is the same as holly)

so I put it all back together and parked her back outside !! It’s Sunday here and there will be no one open that has the right a fitting to hook to my fuel line . 

One step forward …. One step back !

while under hood looking at the diffance of the linkages i noted i am going to have to make custom bracket for both the accelerator shaft and the trans shaft, the avs2 has nothing even close to the original carter ! /cdn-cgi/mirage/d0d7b897c25fd0e39d513e1f86efac0d067aaea4978f01975f03818c57b48a29/1280/https://theme.foreverpontiac.com/emoticons/default_dancingpontiac.gifgota love aftermarket !!!

/cdn-cgi/mirage/d0d7b897c25fd0e39d513e1f86efac0d067aaea4978f01975f03818c57b48a29/1280/https://foreverpontiac.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/378FCDB9-DF75-4E9D-8FBA-80D2B8FC122D.thumb.jpeg.64298d648c6f9812d42bf5c39020ed69.jpeg

Sounds about right,i had to do something similar on the Edelbrock carb and i had the aftermarket intake manifold also so o had to Frankenstein the bracket for the cables also.

Does yours have rods for trans and throttle?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy H said:

Sounds about right,i had to do something similar on the Edelbrock carb and i had the aftermarket intake manifold also so o had to Frankenstein the bracket for the cables also.

Does yours have rods for trans and throttle?

Yes it does 

and they have to be bang on to work correctly 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 2:38 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

I just had a look at this - it looks perfect. Can you hurry up and buy it, fit it and report back so I can get one too? Oh, and the dual circuit master cylinder...come on, you've got nothing else to do.

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2023 at 6:04 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

fitzy one thing that I am not happy with this “kit” is having to relocate the front shocks … I want to find a front air bag that has the shock in the middle .. that way it can stay in the center of the A arm 

which is where I feel is best for the shock .. mount it on the side of the A arm and you are putting pressure on the A arm itself … where as in the centre it’s evened out over the whole arm . 

That IS a good point, but I'm sure the manufacturer has designed it to work properly, and perhaps they felt the need to re-engineer it so that the handling keeps the car driveable - I can imagine that air suspension creates all sorts of unwanted suspension harmonics.

• Like 1

As you know I never built the 59 ..

so what is in there is all unknown… but the switch for the tick down is basically just a think hooked to a spring off the acererator lever .. it has power to it and a single feed wire to the trans … from memory .. but I takes sone pics for ya 👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 3:26 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

Love it :cheers: !!! Hahaha 

there is justA something special about breaking the law every now and then !!!

I get so bloody bored with conforming all the time !!! Hahaha 

On 5/5/2022 at 12:22 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

Just arrived is the 69 Belair master cylinder,👍

Fitzy the part number on rock auto is ce 130.62016

and I tried it on the spare booster I have and it’s a perfect fit .... remember , my 64 is drum/ drum , so this is the correct one for my factory set up but wayyyyyy safer with its dual circuits 

Its about now that i love gm using generic parts!!!

So anyone reading this, and if you have a 61-68 with the single outlet master cylinder for your brakes, here is your best buy !! a factory configuration, dual circuit brake master cylinder. ( i am guessing that Pontiac used the single outlet master cylinder all the way up to 68 on the wide body cars)

This one part could be the difference between life and death if your single outlet master cylinder had a fail in any one of the four brake corners of your Pontiac .:dancingpontiac: 

4A42E8BA-F81B-4895-AB12-11B2A174C1E9.jpeg

i will, when i get time post the swap over from the old master cylinder too this dual port unit...

It will be easy as its justA plumbing :rofl:

I was wondering if you did this install yet? I’m going to attempt it myself. If so, any process pictures?

• Like 2

No Del I haven’t yet 

I was going to hold off until the car was inspected then swap them over . It will be super easy as bolt holes are correct … plunger is identical .. that justA leaves splitting front from rear pipe work and remove the tee section on the chassis 

• Like 1