Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

no mate i am not touching the shoes as they are true to the machined drums... if anything goes wrong i can blame my mate at the brake shop!! hahaha.....

Today was all about getting chores done then hitting the installation of theΒ  springs and brakes ...Β 

first job, stick new disc on the ram ,,,,Β 

E1E138B0-AEA8-4F24-A6B8-23CAF3B558AB.jpeg

Box tickedΒ :rofl:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andy H said:

You are making a lot of us look bad and lazy πŸ˜† you are getting so much done, nice job.

Didn't you paint something before and then used acetone or something to take the paint of the shiny part on the piece? Is that how you are doing this?

Yes Andy !!!Β 

I repainted the grill sections then wiped each polished bar with acetone .... worked really well. And I think I will try that with these today πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I have a very good reason for trying to get as much done now as I can !!!Β 

The boss has a major home renovation for me to do in March ... so once that starts , there will be no work on the bonneville 😩

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

What a great result. There's something totally satisfying about hand finishing something and then looking back at it's condition before you started. Those nice wheels are gonna lift the look of the entire car, once fitted.

Do you ever catch the Boss peering out of one of the windows in the house and shaking her head as you tinker away? Women don't understand the satisfaction that we car nuts get from performing the simplest restorative work. Mine has given up and just accepts that I'm a lunatic and that's that.

• Haha 1

Frosty, i have bugger all left to get, but one little thing is the interior door lock buttons!! my car is missing both of them !

Β the other is a pair of stainless wiper blades they are 18 inches long and have the push in blade connectionΒ 

Β 

E0000464-09C1-4035-943E-EA187ABA616A.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2