Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

5 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

I have have had my own fun !!

mounted the over flow bottleΒ 

C539B6E9-F616-431F-B078-1726475A21A7.jpeg

Then added a window wash bottleΒ 

E55DF01B-60FE-46BE-9FD4-582CB607AA92.jpeg

That came out clean, could have been factory, what is the little red thingy next to coolant bottle?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy H said:

That came out clean, could have been factory, what is the little red thingy next to coolant bottle?

I can’t remember… do you have a shroud for your fan?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

I can’t remember… do you have a shroud for your fan?

no !! i was looking at that yesterday !! i am going to make one! might even get onto that today... bloody flooring contractor rang and is now coming tomorrow, so i am heading home.

i will fold a template up out of carboard first and perfect it first, the sheet metal shop wont be open till next week i expect, and they can justA copy my template.:dancingpontiac:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

no !! i was looking at that yesterday !! i am going to make one! might even get onto that today... bloody flooring contractor rang and is now coming tomorrow, so i am heading home.

i will fold a template up out of carboard first and perfect it first, the sheet metal shop wont be open till next week i expect, and they can justA copy my template.:dancingpontiac:

If you have him make 2 I would love to buy one. I bought one from opgi Β but it is about 4” to short. I’m not sure how much that matters but the car is running a little on the hot side.Β 

Β 

9A9A8CFC-7457-40F1-B01B-C1326CF80670.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

If you have him make 2 I would love to buy one. I bought one from opgi Β but it is about 4” to short. I’m not sure how much that matters but the car is running a little on the hot side.Β 

Β 

9A9A8CFC-7457-40F1-B01B-C1326CF80670.jpeg

i certainly can mate...Β 

it would pay to give me some measurements so i can comparedΒ  them to my fans diameter and distance off the radiator

yes i bet that restoparts one would be different if its for the totally different bodied car

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i certainly can mate...Β 

it would pay to give me some measurements so i can comparedΒ  them to my fans diameter and distance off the radiator

yes i bet that restoparts one would be different if its for the totally different bodied car

Very Happy with my OPGIΒ  shroud.

• Like 2

Nice work. I like where you mounted them - neat & discreet. I also ordered an entire washer kit (the works for $20) and will play with it when I get home. My original bellows washer pump MAY work but I'll only know when the correct wiper switch turns up. All brake lights & indicators work (new Supercheap flasher can for $10) and even my backup lights work but will install new neutral safety switch as car will start in P but not N. Gotta somehow get the blower motor to work too and to bodgie up the airflow so that it gets to the windscreen - I disconnected the spaghetti of vacuum wires and electrics that feed the heating & ventilation control.

I like your modified air cleaner. I once bought a spare air cleaner for my 351 and made my own twin snorkel (a la Cobra) set up. Once ground back & painted, it looked factory and was uber cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i certainly can mate...Β 

I have an original on one of the Bonnie’s. When I get a chance, I will pull it off to take pictures and measurements.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Gotta somehow get the blower motor to work too

fingers crossed mate that its not a fault with the fan motor itself!! you have to remove the whole passenger side fender to gain access to it !Β 

4 hours ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

I have an original on one of the Bonnie’s. When I get a chance, I will pull it off to take pictures and measurements.

no need to remove the fan Del, get me a diameter and distance off the radiator support member and i can compare it to mine. i couldn't use the factory fan as it was bent, so i have a thermostatic one on there off my camaroΒ Β 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

Treat him well. I think the transmission is the weakest link for the Bonnie longevity and performance. The motor can take some serious abuse.

according to Bill, these trans are strong!.... but my girl aint no race car, so i am not worried :)Β 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Now that the 64 can’t move and is on the hoistΒ 

it’s time to refurb the brake drumsΒ 

new shoes and I am going to pull the springs and have them raised justA littleΒ 

I feel it’s too lowΒ 

new wheel bearings and replace all the brake springsΒ 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am holding off refurbing the rims till I get my white walls in FebruaryΒ 

image.jpg

Do you have someone to line the brake drums?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Hmm maybe jack the 64 up on some 24 inch rims aye frostyΒ :rofl:

AE02AC87-2B17-4808-9573-E087557D71BD.jpeg

Its Trans-Mission friday !!!!! i am going to pull the jetaway !!!

You bet Kiwi!

image.thumb.png.75165ec3255a9bac1d9c4e2c1ca53575.png

I can't wait to see how you explain this one to the boss!Β :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1