Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

17 hours ago, Frosty said:

Alright boys - shopping list time. Ol' Frosty plans to hit the winter swap meet trail this weekend. On Sunday is a small indoor swap meet, but a gent I know that carries Pontiac parts is usually there. He often has bits and pieces. He may know where some '64 and '65 parts are. So let me know what your short list of hard to find parts are. I will see what I can find or see what he knows / has.

frosty, i know it may be a pita. but how about posting some pictures of your swap meet adventures this week end!!! i for one would be interested in whats out there and what $ are being askedΒ :cheers:

• Like 1

Kiwi, I bought those lock buttons from Ames - they're cheap.

And Frosty, one can never have enough genuine Pontiac tachos, so one more for me AND a set of 65 GP tail lights as previously mentioned. Thanks.

As Kiwi said, some pics of what a US Swap Meet looks like would be great.

• Like 2

I was searching Coker for white walls, Noticed the availability but it was 15in.Β  Figured you could search farther.Β  The link also went through Amazon.Β  Β I don't even have an account with them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

I was searching Coker for white walls, Noticed the availability but it was 15in.Β  Figured you could search farther.Β  The link also went through Amazon.Β  Β I don't even have an account with them.

yeah mate, i do have account with them but their freight charges are crazy money

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Given COVID, these may be special order anyway. Can't hurt to call or email them to see what the deal is.

yes i think covid has done the damage, i have hunted every tire shop in nz and there is none in the country!!Β 

i could get a set of diamond back but i believe they are not the best quality..Β  Β 

• Like 1

I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but whitewall width varied thru the decades. 2" for the 40s & 50s and then slimmed down to 1.5 - 1" thru the 60s, eventually getting quite thin by the 70s. I was fussy and stuck with 1" on my Maxxis whitewalls but hey - you gotta make your car yours.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fitzy said:

I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but whitewall width varied thru the decades. 2" for the 40s & 50s and then slimmed down to 1.5 - 1" thru the 60s, eventually getting quite thin by the 70s. I was fussy and stuck with 1" on my Maxxis whitewalls but hey - you gotta make your car yours.

yes so true Fitzy, but now that i own the caddy with its 2 1/2 inch white walls,,, and with me running the 8 luggers its screaming to have the same wide white walls... i think i found a set with the help of steve Curle from kiwi shipping in LA.:cheers:

it would be a totally different story if i was running an after market mag.... i then would run a lower profile tire with a nice trick tread pattern .... like thisΒ 

image.jpg

Or thisΒ 

image.jpg

But not this crazy !!

image.jpg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wrongway said:

Yeah kiwi, I'm with you bud, fat white walls. Justa something about those old gangster fat white walls that makes you look and say damn.Β :Pedobear:

Β 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Yeah kiwi, I'm with you bud, fat white walls. Justa something about those old gangster fat white walls that makes you look and say damn.Β :Pedobear:

yeah !! thats what it is !! gangster fat white... in ya faceΒ :cheers::dancingpontiac:

like this 63 bonnieimage.png.e30e84d33934228c06a5dd94c81f2b48.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wheel bearings installedΒ 

each drum adjusted upΒ 

and finished off by polishing the old trims up ... all four are marked up so it will one thing to replaceΒ 

but for now here they areΒ 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

Godammit - I was looking forward to pics of you up to your neck in auto fluid and surrounded by a sea of parts with no idea of what went where. Oh well, I hope it all goes well. I have yet to get my own car up to enough speed to see if it actually changes gears. I'm thinking of getting a permit to drive it unregistered and go for a short blast just to see how she goes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fitzy said:

Godammit - I was looking forward to pics of you up to your neck in auto fluid and surrounded by a sea of parts with no idea of what went where. Oh well, I hope it all goes well. I have yet to get my own car up to enough speed to see if it actually changes gears. I'm thinking of getting a permit to drive it unregistered and go for a short blast just to see how she goes.

permit!!!! piffff !!! mate justA do it.... thats half the fun be in illegal !!! you only live once mate!! hahahaa

oh but wait!!! there is a kick in the guts to this too !!

it cost$3560.00 !! i nearly chocked!!

thats the end of my white wall tire dream for a while!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2