Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

48 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i am waiting on my rockauto balancer sleeve order!!! ( thank you to Fitzy) if that turns up i can pull the front off the engine and get the new seal in and test drive her to ensure the front seal leak is sorted before she goes on the hoist and i pull the jetaway!!

The trans guy is ready when i am!! so perfect time to pull it and set what will be a much bigger plan into motion... while the trans is out and the girl is on the hoist, i am going to refurbish the 8 lug drums, alter the spring heights,,, front going up 30mm backs going up 40 mm. and i think it will sit where i want it.

new wheel bearing will go in along with new brake shoes and replace all the springs in the drum set.

And like Fitzy 65 project, i am working towards vinning and making her road legal.... for new zealand 

i will be sending my seat belts away once everyone's back at work, as they need to be restored and made compliant... really not a major job, but yet another box ticked that i know it would fail at the inspection she will go through...:bowdown:

for you guys state side... we have a really pita system that keeps changing and all us car guys and gals have to jump through fire hoops to keep our classics on the road legally...:bowdown:

hmmmm wonder if my 64 needs a covid pass??? :rofl:

hmmmm wonder if my 64 needs a covid pass??? :rofl:   Careful, needs 2 plus a booster.:stars:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

2 hours of sand blasting, sanding priming and the very first coat of top coat ..... and there always has to be a bug land on your perfect paint !!!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

46FD9873-6CB8-4A9C-90D7-0DF7E49D2EB2.jpeg

now i have to leave it till its dry and colour sand it flat...!!!! a word comes to mind!!!!! starts with F !!

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Talk about service !!

rock auto sent me a notification that my parts had arrived !

i live rural !

txt my postie who lives 500 m down our road,,, she goes yip I have your parcel 

come get it !

9.45pm !

so i did !! 🍻🍻🍻😀

merry Christmas and happy new year to all the posties 👍👍🍻

6CEF0C8E-9134-40AC-BF71-DDA24E5B423E.jpeg

let us know how that sleeve worked out.

• Like 1

So what shape is the timing chain in? It looks to be decent enough, but we all know that looks are deceiving? I justa hope there is no slack in it.

• Like 1

C3A0DDD1-83EA-489B-AFB3-D77B0FD8708E.jpeg

note to Fitzy and Frosty, i reversed my driver side valve cover, and the factory breather fits way better!!!:cheers:

CA4DA27B-7F19-46DB-BB3E-79AFA44F68E6.jpeg

and yet another day where i have to stop working, it is 38 c here again, i have moved out of the workshop and under a pop up where i can get a bit of breeze !! but its crazy hot

0FFA477E-9D73-42F7-8118-9B444CFBDA8B.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Hey Kiwi - I'm now laying awake at 3am trying to figure my way around all the electrical stuff that will need to be done in order to make the car road legal.

I can't find any info re US style flashing brake lights as rear indicators being legal or not. With your collection of old Yankers, did you ever have an issue?

i bet if your car is stock, you will be aloud flashing brake lights.... they are ok here in nz,.. but not sure in Queensland,.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Hey Kiwi - I'm now laying awake at 3am trying to figure my way around all the electrical stuff that will need to be done in order to make the car road legal.

I can't find any info re US style flashing brake lights as rear indicators being legal or not. With your collection of old Yankers, did you ever have an issue?

Mate while your working 

you have that super cool wiring diagram like I have ... absorb ! 

Your a thinker ! I have seen that !

work on what circuit is your issue and don’t be over come by all of the diagram . 👍

the brake light circuit will go through the   Indicator switch justA like Del has shown  on his 64 

Remember kiss ? ... keep it Simple , justA check the basics first 👍😀😀

if you get stuck ,,, post us a pic .. we can nut  it out 👍👍

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2