Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

4 hours ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

Dang! Sorry to hear that

i do have to say mate, that this is the first stuff up that ames have done.. todate, every single part they have sent me for the 64 has worked... lets justA blame this one on that bloody covid!!! hahaha:rofl:

Del did you see the 64 rag top for sale here in nz ?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/pontiac/other/listing/3329074506?bof=UKDwhbEv

• Haha 1

In the hopes of turning lemons into lemonade, Fitzy, does it look like the wiper blades will fit at all to the car? Or is the mounting just totally wrong and you have to return it?

I agree with Kiwi, this is not like Ames, but manure happens. Sadly.

• Haha 2

Frosty - put your glasses back on. Kiwi received the wrong stuff, not me. Unlike his bucket of bolts, mine came complete with it's original superb condition correct blades. I can't help it if my car was the better purchase.

So Kiwi  - are they even similar? Can you make them fit? I wonder if older Holden ones would work?

I have NEVER received anything other than the correct parts on time from Ames, so this is most unusual. Does the label part # coincide with the invoice and what you actually ordered?

• Haha 2

Completely wrong part number on them mate 

email Ron And asked for the right ones to be sent 

what I got fits on a pin and mine are like yours flat tab that pushes into the sleeve 

• Confused 1

Just now, Fitzy said:

Nice work, Kiwi. I was going to do mine but couldn't cop the ridiculous cost. I'll get by with mine - they are nowhere near as crusty as yours and are for the most part complete, although any semblance of pliability disappeared about 30 years ago.

I have never seen seals as crusty as mine where mate ! I certainly  had to replace them 👍

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 2:47 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

i do have to say mate, that this is the first stuff up that ames have done.. todate, every single part they have sent me for the 64 has worked... lets justA blame this one on that bloody covid!!! hahaha:rofl:

Del did you see the 64 rag top for sale here in nz ?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/pontiac/other/listing/3329074506?bof=UKDwhbEv

Seems like a deal. The Big question would be if there is rust issues.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Del, the guy who rebuilt your super Hydromatic... does he have a email address ? i have been hunting the web for that front seal kit and i am not sure which is the correct one, i am thinking he would be the best to buy the parts from.

i do see there are kits that include not only that press in seal for the front behind the coupling but the o rings for that from section too! if i am going to all the trouble of doing the seal i am inclined to do all the seals.

I know Gene bought the parts from Fatsco.net. They are knowledgeable and easy to talk to with questions. Gene, my transmission guy is old school with no apparent email but his website is restorationhydromatics.com.

• Like 2