Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

It would appear that SOMEBODY has been having a lot of fun while I’ve been gone & hanging off the side of a building! WAY TO GO! Life’s short hug your Pontiac daily!

The weather is changing quick here! So I’ve got to tie up some loose ends with the house project and hopefully the snow won’t fly before I can get out and polish up some trinkets for you & Frosty! 

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

3 hours ago, Last Indian said:

It would appear that SOMEBODY has been having a lot of fun while I’ve been gone & hanging off the side of a building! WAY TO GO! Life’s short hug your Pontiac daily!

The weather is changing quick here! So I’ve got to tie up some loose ends with the house project and hopefully the snow won’t fly before I can get out and polish up some trinkets for you & Frosty! 

Calling for snow here next week.  We usually ship our mess towards you.  Git er done buddy.  

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Now you know how we love pictures around here Last Indian :rofl: !  love to see you handy work mate !!...

and yes i have been having a ball !!! there some very kind people on this site !!!:bowdown:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Now you know how we love pictures around here Last Indian :rofl: !  love to see you handy work mate !!...

and yes i have been having a ball !!! there some very kind people on this site !!!:bowdown:

Last Indian is the original play it forward guy.  We would all do well to be more like him.  There are MANY great Pontiac warriors that would give you the blanket off their back. :indian:    Forever Pontiac speaks volumes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Calling for snow here next week.  We usually ship our mess towards you.  Git er done buddy.  

Yes, I know! I’ve tried to use my big fan to blow it in a different direction, but it doesn’t work!😵💫

11 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

nd yes i have been having a ball !!! there some very kind people on this site !!!

Sure are! 

11 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Last Indian is the original play it forward guy.  We would all do well to be more like him.  There are MANY great Pontiac warriors that would give you the blanket off their back. :indian:    Forever Pontiac speaks volumes.

Right back at ya buddy! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Whole summers worth of Blood Swerat N Tears.   Amazing job, simply beautiful.  

& a little help my Milwaukee buddies! 18V fuel & his pal M4!

• Haha 1

I managed to get a hour on the head light trims today 

gave them a good polishing 

then masked them off, 

repainted the black in fills 

then using a cotton bud and some acetone I wiped the paint off the chrome high lights .... very happy with the way they came out 

62F6BAB3-7753-441B-8F1D-19EDA34A47A6.jpeg

AADA1C24-F0FF-49FA-B379-81DAFD2D5C73.jpeg

14C2E102-FF31-4E9D-AE99-49B74D0211AB.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

I managed to get a hour on the head light trims today 

gave them a good polishing 

then masked them off, 

repainted the black in fills 

then using a cotton bud and some acetone I wiped the paint off the chrome high lights .... very happy with the way they came out 

62F6BAB3-7753-441B-8F1D-19EDA34A47A6.jpeg

AADA1C24-F0FF-49FA-B379-81DAFD2D5C73.jpeg

14C2E102-FF31-4E9D-AE99-49B74D0211AB.jpeg

GREAT technique. Look better than mine for sure

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/1/2021 at 3:17 AM, Bonneville convertable64 said:

GREAT technique. Look better than mine for sure

A really easy detail to do Del !

took me less than a hour 

and it’s justA tattle can satin black 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Super excited my Steele rubber order arrived today !!! 

Down side is I made a deal with the boss , this purchase was my Xmas present ... so I can look at it but I can’t fit it !!! And won’t till Xmas .... none the less 

check it out 👍👍

FB50A391-1F0E-4A37-8F36-BF08C15F9492.jpeg

D892FDD5-4525-4C25-BB47-DB1B191CEB54.jpeg

CC5EB8E5-ABA9-4878-8632-AFCD89F1600D.jpeg

0EE33B06-DEB9-46FA-A69D-DCFD15D01DEF.jpeg

3DF1B139-C9D1-4BA9-AC44-C664BCAF75C9.jpeg

2039E92B-2460-402B-950F-E2640CB8CE50.jpeg

I have 

door, hood and trunk seals 

j seal to the b pillars 

vertical seal between the front door and rear glass seals  quart glass to door glass seals and the most important one the roof line seal too the door glass :dancingpontiac:

648FBA91-D3FA-4126-94AE-296C22C3F10F.jpeg

I thought I had the wrong rubber installing mine because it’s so puffy the door didn’t want to close. I guess that’s normal until they flatten 

• Haha 2

Then it all goes back in the box for another 52 sleeps !!! 

Christmas sucks !!! Haha :rofl:

7D2B8ECD-B470-4C06-A51B-9FC5015A2547.jpeg

He knows if you been bad or good sooooo.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

I thought I had the wrong rubber installing mine because it’s so puffy the door didn’t want to close. I guess that’s normal until they flatten 

what brand did you use Del ?

i have the same issue with the brand new door seals on my hq holden ute, and they have been on for over a year now !!! and the doors are still hard to close!!! ( they where rare spares brand, and supposed to be the best for holdens  😡!!!) 

yet the soft seal brand ones i stuck on my last 57 chev, worked perfect... guess its just luck.🙄

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

i have the same issue with the brand new door seals on my hq holden ute, and they have been on for over a year now !!! and the doors are still hard to close!!! ( they where rare spares brand, and supposed to be the best for holdens  😡!!!) 

yet the soft seal brand ones i stuck on my last 57 chev, worked perfect... guess its just luck.🙄

Have heard from my buddy that works for a car collector that they are having problems with seals also and they have tried several brand's

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy H said:

Have heard from my buddy that works for a car collector that they are having problems with seals also and they have tried several brand's

yeah ... thats why i said luck !! you would think all seals are made to a set profile, and measurement... NOT :rofl: 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2021 at 2:26 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

It seems about right. After being on a while it is easy to close

242133DC-17AC-4DE3-A7F3-84481909E4A4.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/6/2021 at 6:57 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

Have been working all weekend 

and here it is Sunday afternoon

justA had time to fit my brand new looking head light bezels .... cheers. To Del 👍👍👍:cheers:

EE928AF6-AE81-4A28-8FE9-01BFBA687F44.jpeg

Polished up the wiper arms and fitted new blades , can’t get chrome ones any where so I had to settle with black !! 

56E1B6DC-882E-4E81-A19C-F0CF3757D001.jpeg

looking good,the way you are doing it is a good idea, more work but nicer end result, how about finding some used stainless wiper blades and just get some rubber refills?

• Like 2