Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

So now who's the mad one? The guy thinking this shit up at 3am, or the dudes who didn't know!

I never thought of it either until I saw Kiwi's pic of his wheel standing up.

• Haha 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

20 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

So now who's the mad one? The guy thinking this shit up at 3am, or the dudes who didn't know!

I never thought of it either until I saw Kiwi's pic of his wheel standing up.

I didn't know..:willy_nilly:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Justa - when all else fails when it comes to 8-lug wheels, call Jim Larson. Nice catch though bro. I learned something.

Sent Larson a message and tried to get him to jump in on the topic.  So he can get his 10 post in.  Also asked if got his garage setup here so he can compete in the POTM. Give him a push too.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Search Results for gas tank 1964 Bonneville @ OPGI.com   $359   Does not include sending unit or straps.  WOW

https://www.opgi.com/Search/gas tank.html

Edited by JUSTA6

7 minutes ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

Congratulations! Tons of work has paid off

i am super happy with how she went Del !!... i justA cant load the video!! .... i will try again later tonight when the internet isn't so busy !!🙄

that super hydromatic is still leaking !! but its getting better the more i drive her! still i dont think its going to self heal!! ..

what i did want to do is drive her and see how it shifts... 1 to 2 was sharp... 2 to 3 more lazy but still went nicely...

when i floored it she hang in 1st way longer but then move up to 2 then 3 nicely .... and not ever having a super hydromatic before i have no idea how they behave!!...

how does your one behave ?????

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

Kiwi, They are supposed to be all smooth. My original was and I’m waiting for it to be shipped back from a rebuild. The new rebuilt one in now shifts kinda hard into 3rd. The trans man said that was not right. It seems to drive good and doesn’t leak. He said we need to problem solve it before it fails. Apparently there is a trouble shooting procedure in the original shop manual. I need to buy one. I’m glad I had my original rebuilt for backup. It seems the JETAWAY is tricky.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Del 

I think my plan will be to pull it out and send it to the trans guy ... justA haven’t been able to get him on the phone ! Guess COVID has him away from work 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 1:29 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

i am super happy with how she went Del !!... i justA cant load the video!! .... i will try again later tonight when the internet isn't so busy !!🙄

that super hydromatic is still leaking !! but its getting better the more i drive her! still i dont think its going to self heal!! ..

what i did want to do is drive her and see how it shifts... 1 to 2 was sharp... 2 to 3 more lazy but still went nicely...

when i floored it she hang in 1st way longer but then move up to 2 then 3 nicely .... and not ever having a super hydromatic before i have no idea how they behave!!...

how does your one behave ?????

18 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Thanks for the info Del 

I think my plan will be to pull it out and send it to the trans guy ... justA haven’t been able to get him on the phone ! Guess COVID has him away from work 

The downshift with acceleration it’s mechanical with an adjustment to the throttle linkage. I’m sure you know that.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2021 at 1:48 AM, JUSTA6 said:

Congrat's  buddy, you must be so happy to drive it for the 1st time.

super happy mate! it drives justA how i thought it would... BUT it sounds really cool !! you can certainly tell that aint no small block chev engine  !!:dancingpontiac:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

Congrats on the suicide run Kiwi. PM Ringo if you are having technical difficulty with the video mate. He can help you.

yeah i talk to Ringo, but i was trying to load a 248mb vid, which is too big for the site... so then i tried a smaller one (58mb) and it failed too.

so i gave up !

6 hours ago, Bonneville convertable64 said:

Cool white walls. I couldn’t find any that big locally 

yes Del, the only ones i could find are the coker white wall with a 2 1/2 inch white wall

https://www.cokertire.com/tires/p225-75r14-coker-classic-2-1-2-whitewall.html

am seriously thinking of getting my mate the importer to get some in from California in his next car he sends this way.

i am sure it will be wayyyy cheaper than what my local tire guy has quoted 🙄

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

• Founders
1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

yeah i talk to Ringo, but i was trying to load a 248mb vid, which is too big for the site... so then i tried a smaller one (58mb) and it failed too.

so i gave up !

58MB should work. Feel free to send me that one and I can take a look.

Kiwi - take a look at Diamond Back tires. for white walls Again may not be cheap, but they are an alternative to Coker.

https://dbtires.com/

https://dbtires.com/product-category/tires/

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Hey Kiwi - I only got back home last night so am now playing catch up. Congrats on grand daughter's arrival - you must be very proud.

Those big wide whitewalls DO look nice - personally I like to keep it cohesive and as you know went for the more traditional 1" wide jobbies.

That bloody 421 sounds fantastic. You'd just gun it in second and third all day just to listen to it! It even had a Frosty-esque tacho sitting in it. I beamed with delight when I saw it.

I posted a cam degreeing question but nobody responded. Do you have any experience degreeing a cam, or am I once again overthinking it after too much coffee?

Lastly, see attachment re AFB 'wing.' It mightn't be an urban myth after all.

20210908_080936.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Kiwi - take a look at Diamond Back tires. for white walls Again may not be cheap, but they are an alternative to Coker.

https://dbtires.com/

https://dbtires.com/product-category/tires/

:rofl:Those are only 2 1/2in tires to begin with.  Please don't donk Bonnie.  See that doesn't even sound right.😎