Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

8 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

two Lane, can you show me a picture of that 1964 book you have... i am going to get myself a copy of it, its a supplementary to the 63 book isnt it ? 

Sure thing Kiwi..16400047400236883792010317578047.thumb.jpg.e0d361344b314f81f852f7754707d211.jpg16400048471371614918307864575758.thumb.jpg.b260aca135e7e150d0e88fab928ce5f5.jpg

• Like 2

i found myself some very good bed time reading... think it will take a month justA to read it all !!!

http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/manuals/trans/GMControlledCouplingTrans/Introduction/index.htm

Kind of like when I was 13 or 14 years old...And my mom found my Playboy magazine stash...Told her I didn't really Notice the pics...I was only interested in the articles...Somehow I really don't think she believed me...Like I would actually lie to my mom...LOL...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

Hey Kiwi, Rockauto is having a closeout sale - they have what looks like harmonic balancer repair sleeves for $4!

oh good spotting !!! i will have a look cheers 👍....

i have finished work for the year!!! now if only i could get all this paperwork done! :stars: i can get out and do the traditional detox of the work van, go through all the tools, clean and wax the van, just make it all neat and tidy for 2022!!

must go look at rock auto first !!! hehehe 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Hey Kiwi, Rockauto is having a closeout sale - they have what looks like harmonic balancer repair sleeves for $4!

mate, i cant find the page, can you copy a link to it? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

mate, i cant find the page, can you copy a link to it? 

found this   https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/pontiac,1964,bonneville,6.4l+389cid+v8,1350425,engine,harmonic+balancer+repair+sleeve,5408

I will probably need one also, thanks for the tip Fitzy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andy H said:

thanks Andy ! i found that one too!! i have justA ordered the pioneer one and justA for the hell of it i got a new fuel pump too ! they where cheap so why not !!

also i googled how to fit it.. super easy!! balancer in the freezer, warm up the sleeve bit of locktite and thump the sucker on !! thats got to be way cheaper than sending the balancer to a machine shop :cheers:.. you saw the big gouge in mine aye !

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

thanks Andy ! i found that one too!! i have justA ordered the pioneer one and justA for the hell of it i got a new fuel pump too ! they where cheap so why not !!

also i googled how to fit it.. super easy!! balancer in the freezer, warm up the sleeve bit of locktite and thump the sucker on !! thats got to be way cheaper than sending the balancer to a machine shop :cheers:.. you saw the big gouge in mine aye !

yes and mine look similar and its the same part# so i will have to get one to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy H said:

yes and mine look similar and its the same part# so i will have to get one to.

nice :cheers:.... Andy !!! merry Christmas my friend :dancingpontiac:

we both owe Fitzy a beer for finding that cheap fix:cheers:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

Yes you do. Please send all donated beverages to Fitzy, 3rd shed on the right with the big loud red car, far north Queensland. 

Here are screenshots of what's available, but bear in mind these are specific to my car. I'm sure if you go to Rockauto and go to Closeouts, you'll see a list for your car. Those prices are CHEAP.

Screenshot_20211223-154057_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211223-154109_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

Yes you do. Please send all donated beverages to Fitzy, 3rd shed on the right with the big loud red car, far north Queensland. 

Here are screenshots of what's available, but bear in mind these are specific to my car. I'm sure if you go to Rockauto and go to Closeouts, you'll see a list for your car. Those prices are CHEAP.

Screenshot_20211223-154057_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211223-154109_Samsung Internet.jpg

beers in the mail :cheers:.... now question is four x or fosters???,,,

mind you we had family here last night and had a nice baileys on ice !!! that was nice :cheers:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni

i am waiting on my rockauto balancer sleeve order!!! ( thank you to Fitzy) if that turns up i can pull the front off the engine and get the new seal in and test drive her to ensure the front seal leak is sorted before she goes on the hoist and i pull the jetaway!!

The trans guy is ready when i am!! so perfect time to pull it and set what will be a much bigger plan into motion... while the trans is out and the girl is on the hoist, i am going to refurbish the 8 lug drums, alter the spring heights,,, front going up 30mm backs going up 40 mm. and i think it will sit where i want it.

new wheel bearing will go in along with new brake shoes and replace all the springs in the drum set.

And like Fitzy 65 project, i am working towards vinning and making her road legal.... for new zealand 

i will be sending my seat belts away once everyone's back at work, as they need to be restored and made compliant... really not a major job, but yet another box ticked that i know it would fail at the inspection she will go through...:bowdown:

for you guys state side... we have a really pita system that keeps changing and all us car guys and gals have to jump through fire hoops to keep our classics on the road legally...:bowdown:

hmmmm wonder if my 64 needs a covid pass??? :rofl:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1