Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

2 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Godammit - I was looking forward to pics of you up to your neck in auto fluid and surrounded by a sea of parts with no idea of what went where. Oh well, I hope it all goes well. I have yet to get my own car up to enough speed to see if it actually changes gears. I'm thinking of getting a permit to drive it unregistered and go for a short blast just to see how she goes.

Happy now???

dirtyhands_zps87c390a8.jpg

2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

permit!!!! piffff !!! mate justA do it.... thats half the fun be in illegal !!! you only live once mate!! hahahaa

oh but wait!!! there is a kick in the guts to this too !!

it cost$3560.00 !! i nearly chocked!!

thats the end of my white wall tire dream for a while!!

car_police_zpsbe37c72c.gif

• Haha 2

Yes Wrongway, every time I attempt something that's not quite legal, bam! I get caught. I'm clearly a slow learner but got the message eventually. It's about $100 for 2 days of driving - I'm good with that.

• Haha 2

Yup, I get it buddy. But im still with Mr. Kiwi on this. :rofl: Justa remember to look both ways and behind you before stomping on the go fast pedal! :driving:

• Haha 2

Still haven’t completed the radiator shroud ... but another day another mission 

you can see were i have scribed the edge of the fan blade with a pencil to the cardboard for my next cut 

to find the circle for the cylindrical section to be added 

this is the important part... the fan pulls air and the cylindrical sheet metal stops the air falling of the out- side edge of the fan, and MAKES the air head in the direction the fans wants it to flow. i bet there is a special name for it... i call it flow.

image.jpg

The bible is very explicit about how to fill a jetaway 315 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Okay - what am I looking at here: is that coolant and why is it all over the ground?

i topped up the reserve bottle once again justA in case i had any more air bubbles in the system.... more than happy for it to over flow rather than be lacking fluid, knowing full well it can do justA what it did :cheers:

30 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Well done on the trans & brakes - car is looking sharp from underneath, and not too shabby on the surface. Sounds like all your hard work and dedication to solid engineering has paid off. I can only hope I attain the same sort of result coz upon my return from work next week, I'm gonna replace that leaking wheel cylinder and take it for a drive to the nearest servo (about a kilometre away) chuck some fuel in and see how the auto shifts. If the car drives okay, I'll get a 2 day permit and will drive it around listening for fatal noises and monitoring everything.

its getting better by the day mate:cheers:...

i cant wait to hear your report from the virgin run!!!:rofl:

sweaty palms.... looking constantly at gauges, looking for any cops, listening for strange noises... hahaha.

that's all the fun stuff mate:cheers:

when you get home ... you KNOW your alive!! because you just went out and did it !!! 

AND !!! you know your hard work has paid off and you have built one Bitchin poncho :dancingpontiac:

• Like 2