Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

5 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

I have been doing the dad thing this weekend helping my oldest daughter move house and as usual I got justA hour on Sunday night to do something on the 64 .

like fitzy my window washers didnt work ... I looked at the wiring diagram but it doesn’t show the wiring to the washer pump ! 

I was expecting the pump to have its own motor ... no such thing ! It’s a diaphragm with a push rod .. 

and this is where I justA had to laugh !!  

When you push the button on the wiper control knob I could hear a click ... 

I take the cover off the wiper motor to find a solenoid operating  gate .... this gate locks and unlocks a wheel , with teeth on it !!! What a crack up ! I have never seen anything like this before !!! 

When you press the wash button you actuate one full turn of this wheel with teeth on it , the plunger moves back and forth pumping the diaphragm / pumping water 

all that was wrong with the system was it was lacking lube... a quick squirt of crc and it all worked perfectly !!! 

One very easy fix 👍👍👍

7C14A7BB-B4D9-477E-ABB8-D701B7A5554F.jpeg

D99C562E-FF28-40A0-A69D-726B2F045F32.jpeg

7A2FA1D1-59E6-4083-9BF8-7E6F1F22A92B.jpeg

Good deal you got it working, mine doesn't even have a washer pump, i guess they where optional if you ordered a car back in the day.

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

This is an old picture bro, before I pulled the engine. But I believe it looks the same. I haven't messed with it yet. I need to find another wiper switch first. Mine is missing the little button in the middle.

IMG_5343 (2).JPG

Dash before 7 (2).JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrongway said:

This is an old picture bro, before I pulled the engine. But I believe it looks the same. I haven't messed with it yet. I need to find another wiper switch first. Mine is missing the little button in the middle.

IMG_5343 (2).JPG

Dash before 7 (2).JPG

yip that looks very much like mine mate, i can see the double brown power supply going into it , which loops off and feeds constant power down to the wiper motor, and the push button you are missing is a earth switch to that black wire that trips the coil to make the washer pump operate.... its really kinda cool how it works.... the guy who designed it must of had a meccano set when he was a kid!!!:rofl:

2 hours ago, Wrongway said:

I haven't messed with it yet. I need to find another wiper switch first. Mine is missing the little button in the middle

would you like me to check the parts car ???? i think it has one!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

It's defo primitive engineering. A simple modern electric pump is so much more efficient and simpler. I don't know what the GM boys were smoking back then but it must have been good shit.

maybe a steam locomotive went past their window mate when the guy was designing it... because it looks justA like a piston pumping !! :rofl:

• Haha 2

Yo Kiwi, covid is playing havoc with travel plans once again so if we ever get over to yours, it won't be until September or October. If you'd like me to send those mirrors over to you, just say so.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Yo Kiwi, covid is playing havoc with travel plans once again so if we ever get over to yours, it won't be until September or October. If you'd like me to send those mirrors over to you, just say so.

No stress mate 👍👍👍

i am happy to wait , I have heaps going on in the next few months.... you will see... so the 64 won’t be getting much attention for a bit .. next job I have is to take her for a long drive and see what shits itself !!! Hahaha :rofl:

by the time you visit mate , we can have a beer and watch tv on the big screen in the new lounge ( boss calls it her library)... that’s whats going to consuming the next 6 months ... biggest issue is getting materials ... steel , framing , trusses , cladding are all on back order , I ordered the frames in December and they will be here late March !! Gib board will be here in May !!! Crazy aye !! 

• Like 2

That sounds really good. I could do with just a sit down and quaff a few brewskies and talk whilst you run around and get those pizzas ready! Make mine pepperoni and chuck on some jalapenos, just to make sure that I toot & squirt the next day whilst broadcasting all those embarrassing noises one has to make when one stays over at a mate's place. Oh, the cringeworthy memories!!!

• Haha 2

Not surprised, would say the same thing myself about the car!!!!   Thinkin you are overthinkin your part in this and need to start wondering what she bought???  That's how things seem to roll around here.   Mine JUSTA bought a Niga foodie oven that takes up a ton of counterspace.  Guess the stove wasn't enough.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Love it. A timber saw alongside a knife. How far out in the bush are you? You'll be hanging jerky strips alongside the moonshine still tomorrow night. Yee haa! 

Hot Tip: Do NOT squeal like a pig, even for fun.

ate all the jerky!!! and moonshine got spilt by the wild bore ! that ran through the house last night while i was skinning a opossum :rofl: 

hmmm wonder if you have ever had magpie soup !!!:rofl:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...