Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

This will NOT make you smile.

2 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Invasive species (no natural predators here) that multiply like crazy and poisonous by excretion on their body. Dogs love to chase them and attack them, kills them quick, unfortunately :’( . From down under, people brought them here for killing bugs on plantations. Didn’t work out lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cane_toad

It’s legal to kill them here as they run amuck. 

Pellet gun fun..... or maybe trick the anacondas into eating them.  Take care of 2 for price of one.:slap:

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Haha 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

14 hours ago, TboneWS6 said:

Not to make it seem more daunting but if there’s a nearby nest rats & mice have big litters often. Could be as many as 50!  I had a mice problem, I’m in the woods. Not sure the variety but they were bigger than the usual mice & smaller than typical rats. I started with traps & the sticky paper & got about 10 over a week or so. I started with the bait boxes but they were big enough they couldn’t get in the bait box’s. I’d see the bait boxes moved around but bait untouched. I started putting the block bait loose. I put it in my eve’s, attic & inside plumbing access hatches inside walls! Sounds radical but after about a month I stopped seeing their droppings anywhere in the house. Even stopped seeing them outside near the house in the woods. I would check on the blocks & see they’d eat the whole thing, sometimes the blocks disappeared overnite, I think they’d take back to the nest! Been a couple years & no sign of the vermin ever anymore. I still put the blocks out & check but never even see nibbles! I think I killed all of them in the whole county 🤔😂😂😎

Best of Luck, they R a PIA!

yip, i think your Right Tony !!! caught number 4 in the garage last night !!!

• Like 1

Ringo, is that correct? They were introduced to Australia from South America and only then did they realise that the cane beetle (sugarcane pest) has wings and toads don't. I've never heard of them being introduced anywhere else and certainly not from Australia.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Am doing my 200000im service on my work van 

check out these $48 each Ngk plugs before and after , these plugs have been in for 100000kms 

0.7mm new 

0.9 on the old ones 

28E73189-73E4-48B4-B71D-59C5DBEC6EB5.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

oh Dwight! i had a bad experience with Champion plugs years ago, will never touch them again !

yes it seams that this motor of mine ONLY takes this ngk ilzkar8g8 plug ! and its a 14mm socket job so i had to buy a socket, then it would not fit down the hole so i had to hit it with the grinder.

But i guess your quite right, each engine has its favorite plug!  :rofl:

• Haha 1

One of my trusted mechanics refuses to use anything but NGK. Seems everyone has a spark plug horror story. One of my brand new AC Delcos from Ames fell apart in my hand - shattered insulator. I replaced it with an NGK. Why use anything else?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This is completely off topic , but its gut wrenching for me..

i run a plumbing business, and have done under this business name for the last 17 years .but that's just a fraction of my 40 years doing what i love 

today ... well lets call them nuckledraggers appeared in my town with MY company name on the side of their vehicle . i had wind of this 2 months ago . i set in place my actions .

but today it was all too real, these, f__ks who are a super big corporation made their mark by sticking a kid in a vehicle with my company logo on the side of it. 

Short story long... it truly stuffed up my Friday , now all i can think about is what i can do to protect my reputation , that i have worked hard for, for the last 30 plus years. first call was to my lawyer who told me , they can do that... so i am, gutted. truly gutted.

i do have one angle with trasdemarking my trade name but that justA means i have to pay lawyers to justA fy my business name .. another wtf moment. and then i have to take the nuckledragger to court... not easy here in nz. 

so a really happy happy joy joy day. hahaha. :rofl:

Justa, pass me that bow and arrow! hahaha:rofl:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

• Founders
5 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

This is completely off topic , but its gut wrenching for me..

i run a plumbing business, and have done under this business name for the last 17 years .but that's just a fraction of my 40 years doing what i love 

today ... well lets call them nuckledraggers appeared in my town with MY company name on the side of their vehicle . i had wind of this 2 months ago . i set in place my actions .

but today it was all too real, these, f__ks who are a super big corporation made their mark by sticking a kid in a vehicle with my company logo on the side of it. 

Short story long... it truly stuffed up my Friday , now all i can think about is what i can do to protect my reputation , that i have worked hard for, for the last 30 plus years. first call was to my lawyer who told me , they can do that... so i am, gutted. truly gutted.

i do have one angle with trasdemarking my trade name but that justA means i have to pay lawyers to justA fy my business name .. another wtf moment. and then i have to take the nuckledragger to court... not easy here in nz. 

so a really happy happy joy joy day. hahaha. :rofl:

Justa, pass me that bow and arrow! hahaha:rofl:

Dang! That's low. I'm no lawyer but believe there is a law here in the states that prevents a company using another established company's name or even likeness to gain business. Of course, there may need to be certain proceedings before that and hoops to jump through but know judges to force turn over of similar domain names (e.g. amzon.com as opposed to amazon.com ) to prevent gaining business that way.

Overall, that just sucks. Is this like a personal thing they have out for you?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Overall, that just sucks. Is this like a personal thing they have out for you

No ringo it’s not 

I don’t know these people from a bar of soap !

i guess the frustrating thing for me , I don’t fancy making a lawyer rich ! I have been there done that when I got divorced. :rofl: 

• Haha 1

• Founders
2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i guess the frustrating thing for me , I don’t fancy making a lawyer rich !

same. legal battles only benefit lawyers.

• Haha 2

Kiwi,

Just a thought, don't know how the legal system works on your side of the world but here in the litigation capital of the universe anyone can file the most ridiculous civil suit any time that they want for the most ridiculous reason they want, not to say that your complaint is ridiculous. Point being maybe you could find a really good tort lawyer and have them file a HUGE civil case against the knuckledragger. Get them to take it on a contingency, offer them 50% or whatever so you are not out of pocket for anything. The knuckledragger then gets to hire his own lawyer with large out of pocket expenses to defend what would be here an indefensible position. 

Certainly worth a couple of phone calls.

Dwight

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old guy44 said:

Kiwi,

Just a thought, don't know how the legal system works on your side of the world but here in the litigation capital of the universe anyone can file the most ridiculous civil suit any time that they want for the most ridiculous reason they want, not to say that your complaint is ridiculous. Point being maybe you could find a really good tort lawyer and have them file a HUGE civil case against the knuckledragger. Get them to take it on a contingency, offer them 50% or whatever so you are not out of pocket for anything. The knuckledragger then gets to hire his own lawyer with large out of pocket expenses to defend what would be here an indefensible position. 

Certainly worth a couple of phone calls.

Dwight

good thought Mate, i will investigate.... here you cant su for bugger all. 

and my only concern, is this Knuckledragger is a big fish, really big fish!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Back when I was contracting there were "debt collectors" that could come in quite handy in situations like this but they are all either dead or doing time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old guy44 said:

Back when I was contracting there were "debt collectors" that could come in quite handy in situations like this but they are all either dead or doing time.

Hmm 

today I hear them using my business name on the radio … 

and found out more about how big this fish really is … they own multiply companies including realestate firms .

from intel I have found out they are a multi million dollar knuckledraggers. 

• Sad 2

Oh great.....knuckledraggers with deep pockets. Justa what you need.

So is their goal to drive you out of business at this point? Or simply ruin your reputation? Or both?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

Oh great.....knuckledraggers with deep pockets. Justa what you need.

So is their goal to drive you out of business at this point? Or simply ruin your reputation? Or both?

gees mate, i have no idea.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1