Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

1 hour ago, Wrongway said:

Lookin great bro! Love the break line!!!

thanks mate, hows the 63 coming ?

You do know that fitzy must of  won lotto and he has farmed out the work on his 65 and he is nearly finished !!! hahaha  :cheers:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

'Ahem.' Fitzy is living off stale bread and tap water right now so that the car can get pampered. Once I win Lotto, I'll let you know. Big blocks for everyone!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fitzy said:

'Ahem.' Fitzy is living off stale bread and tap water right now so that the car can get pampered. Once I win Lotto, I'll let you know. Big blocks for everyone!

hahaha :cheers:... got ya :dancingpontiac:

• Like 1

Your brake line work is superb - it not only looks good but serves a worthwhile purpose. Very impressive.

• Like 2

Now that the master cylinder is all mocked up, i am going to pull it off and paint it with hammerite black paint, which will take a whole week to dry hard  as, and brake fluid wont worry it in the future.

image.png

• Like 2

Yeah, right. Can you post a pic of the product when you get around to it? It sounds like a very worthwhile substance.

• Like 2

Yeah bro, still haven't had the time to touch her. Hoping to this week. I seen where he was farming out work trying to win this race! :rofl:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Not sure what the spray can paint is like or if it’s even the same product, but the Hammerite I have used since the early “70”s is goooood sh%#! Tough as a rock and pretty much impervious to most all chemicals after it’s cured! The Hammerite I use is a brush on that you can spray, but it takes a pretty high psi to do that.

Inner fender in Hammerite 

97B74169-FDAF-414A-AC43-3B44A596E02F.jpeg

FC7DC879-C42E-4A9E-9CDB-57EB73C25104.jpeg
undercarriage in Hammerite 

0A06AAB0-AD7E-466A-9658-35F8E1D649F9.jpeg
rocker cover bracket in Hammerite 

2D38AC34-5421-45CA-94F9-C42D467CCA17.jpeg
you can hardly mare this paint with a hammer!

Yip Last Indian, thats what i have been using too, 👍i had use the bush on version and the spray can is justA  as good.... JustA takes a week to fully harden and like you said, its like rock !!!

The last big job i used the brush on version for was my vision 500 quad bike i use at the beach, i stripped it completely down to the frame, sand blasted it and hammerited the whole frame.... it will never rust!!!hahaha

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BIG Green light to get some work done on the pretty girl tomorrow (Saturday) as we get a long weekend Anzac day Monday lest we forget https://nzhistory.govt.nz/war/anzac-day-resources 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

BIG Green light to get some work done on the pretty girl tomorrow (Saturday) as we get a long weekend Anzac day Monday lest we forget https://nzhistory.govt.nz/war/anzac-day-resources 

Thankz for sharing the link.

• Like 2