Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Here’s what mine is looking like 

it’s down and back 

and I think it’s the vertical bracket that holds the hood latch that needs adjusting 

that’s what is doing that too your too mate 

FDB8181E-1DEF-40C3-BEDD-96AD1440B9DB.jpeg

8357268A-F1C9-476F-A22F-E9FF3A9B99FB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I'll get you a pic of the gap. Its not bad if I remember correctly, just pushed way forward. But we'll get to mine when I get there. Right now I'm just enjoying your body work bro!:cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

My long lasting  saga with long branch headers has come to a exciting point!!!:dancingpontiac: John at Pontiac tripower has emailed me and HAS the LB_1 cast iron headers in stock !!! :bowdown::cheers:...... my good friend JustA went to all the trouble to call Paul at ramairrestorations  , and found out that Paul clearly has been  over whelmed with orders for these cast iron manifolds and i was justA number in the que :unsure: .

But John already has his order and is more than happy to sell them to me.

Now... i would really appreciate some in put here.... i am buying raw cast iron manifolds.

what is the best coating to put on them that i can do myself ????.

You may or not have seen in my other thread,( hq ute) that i had some shorty's hpc by my local guy here in taupo nz.... he is now not doing it due to lack of product and time...which is a  real bummer!! ( business opportunity for anyone reading this !!) 

SOOO, i want to coat these manifolds myself... anyone used a product that was good, lasted,🙄

Glad your finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Eastwood silver, brush on exhaust coating.  ONLY product I will use.

https://www.eastwood.com/paints/hi-temp-engine-paints/exhaust-paints.html

Make sure its the brush on, this came up 1st.   Maybe you like this stuff in a can?  You can touch up the brush on stuff easily.

• Like 2

Imagine the tragedy of a quiet twin exhaust. A big piece of reo bar and a sledge will sort those babies out.

A mate of mine had a genuine V6 GT Capri and was so disappointed with the lack of sound that he simply disconnected the rear mufflers altogether - I think it ended up being resonators only, then it was too loud, but he liked it. Mad.

• Haha 2

In preparation for the arrival of my new long branch headers I tried to hunt down the Eastwood’s hi temp paint....

with no luck at all, no body has any stocks of it in nz !!! 

So I have gone with a kbs product that is supposed to be as good !🙄

BF5C1545-C700-43E8-BE05-EB3402CEAB48.jpeg

I also had my carb kit arrive and I am going to have a go at refreshing the carter myself ... can’t be that hard aye !!!:cheers:

is there any tricks or pit falls to watch for ???? 

6DBB7713-AE39-47CD-9201-0BC4282E61D4.jpeg

• Like 2

On 6/3/2021 at 12:45 AM, Frosty said:

Here you go Kiwi

thanks Frosty it was a bloody good video... looks pretty easy to rebuild the carter :cheers:

frosty and justA, if you trip over any sets of these at the swap meet this weekend please grab them for me. i need both left and right

IMG_6582.JPG

IMG_6583.JPG

• Like 2

We have a new tool/ speed shop in town so I tried them out for some exhaust parts and was very happy with their prices 

so now I have justA bout a whole kit set exhaust system for the bonni

81B1C90F-C870-45B6-9DF3-D63456836CDE.jpeg

i got 4 combination bends and i know i will most likely only used 2 of the 4... the spares will do the system on the hq ute :cheers:

i am using flat flanges on both sides of the mufflers as i could only buy flowmaster delta 40 's... i really wanted 44 but no one in nz has any stock!!!!. so i will fit the delta 40 's and when i can get some 44's i will pop them in. hence the bolt up flanges 

D90EE41E-C245-4396-BE4D-90296D52FC9C.jpeg

my plan is to make my own exhaust hangers using these hanger bushes, with some 10mm/3/8th stainless steel stock... watch this space :) 

BF323494-4A3B-4C36-A74A-B6970A410CB8.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

yes mine was completely bugger too, i hunted high and low for the correct auto trans mount and found ames to be the only ones who have them ! 

i am up the other end in Taupo 👍

you should start a thread and show us your engine rebuild!!! that would be cool :dancingpontiac:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, V8TANK said:

Yes I have been struggling as well hence found this thread cheers man

Also I might have something you maybe interested in maybe 

Sorry should have mentioned🤣

A reconditioned rebuilt tri power set up

you have a tri power???..... tell more my ears are now up !!! hahaha

• Haha 2