Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

13 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Ever feel you have been ripped off ? 

I live in a town that has justA one exhaust shop that can flare 2 1/2 inch  tube .

i got the guy to flare 2 x 6 inch long pieces of mild steel tube to suit the long branch headers .... $96 bucks ! i think i just contributed to his retirement fund!! 

I got ripped 😡😡😡😡

but I have no choice short of driving a hour to the next exhaust shop... 

So for the next few hours I will fume and try not to think about it !!! 

24725530-03DB-454E-93B4-F38EE63D3C44.jpeg

Hope that came with a flange also😟

• Like 1

I like your fuel inlet set up. Any specs on the fitting that screws into the carb? Mine is (was) a crappy looking piece of 3/8 rubber hose.

Also, as I was pulling bits off my engine I think I discovered my vacuum leak - the PCV valve was only just sitting in it's rock hard cracked & brittle grommet that plugs into the inlet manifold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Fitzy said:

I like your fuel inlet set up. Any specs on the fitting that screws into the carb? Mine is (was) a crappy looking piece of 3/8 rubber hose.

Also, as I was pulling bits off my engine I think I discovered my vacuum leak - the PCV valve was only just sitting in it's rock hard cracked & brittle grommet that plugs into the inlet manifold.

Yes mate it’s a aeromotive brand Teflon fuel hose with a-n fittings and the one into the carter is the same as a holly fitting 

if your motor is like mine, you will be replacing every rubber part! Mine where all buggered 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

So I hooked the carter up and cranked the motor and no go... pulled the top off and found the inlet needles where not opening 

then I checked the rebuild kit that I got from edelbrock and what was in the rock auto kit , 

here is the trap for young players ! The stock carter inlet needles don’t have a clip that pulls them open , but the new needles do ! 

I had used what edelbrock had supplied and no clips in that kit !!

so once I install the clips the float arm would pull the needle down off its seat !

watch for that little detail ... see pic 

CBB8F600-F1ED-46B3-9670-4B3ECE640E07.jpeg

I also noted I was only getting a squirt of gas from the right side of the accelerator jet, so I pulled that off and found I had not cleaned it properly 

E85129D3-39A3-43EA-B08B-AEA15C8A0AED.jpeg

With that all sorted she fired straight up and a quick tune of the idle jets and she is running better than ever 👍👍👍👍

onto the days mission !!

drove her into the hoist and out with the logs and in with the new super sexy long branch headers 

2FAAC48B-EB1C-433E-81D8-4F656A68E4AE.jpeg

AWESOME....You have to be sooo anxious with all the great work done and how far you have come with this project. 😎

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

A very nice clean fit too I might say 

F8DFE2AE-1F17-4433-9600-8C2AA7DAEEF6.jpeg

94491D14-2C08-4554-AC09-3235DEAC9D88.jpeg

780E2A77-A389-47FD-932C-27B9C2DB351A.jpeg

Fitzy some pics of the oil filter housing relocation 

it moves the existing housing out, back and angles the filter 

B2256915-BA1C-4E68-9562-C2325A6EA36D.jpeg

7478E443-8C2D-4997-81AF-F695734F18EB.jpeg

Very nice, can you imagine putting regular headers in, Pontiac with their exhaust port's oriented the way they are don't make it easy, like your oil filter relocation.

• Like 2

Nice work, Kiwi. I've never seen a needle valve be 'pulled' down before - only gravity assisted ones. Your headers look sweet. Man, that's a tight fit where they squeeze between the block and steering box.

I have a question: is that some sort of valve sitting in the end of one of your headers-see pics.

20210808_180947.jpg

20210808_180841.jpg

Edited by Fitzy
Double up on photo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

AWESOME....You have to be sooo anxious with all the great work done and how far you have come with this project. 😎

justA... i am sooo wanting to get her on the road, but time is my big issue! i am lucky if i get 2 whole weekend days a month to get shit done! 

and justA, i am still thinking about my mate who past last week and i went to his funeral on friday... its haunting me about living life before we drop dead !! 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

justA... i am sooo wanting to get her on the road, but time is my big issue! i am lucky if i get 2 whole weekend days a month to get shit done! 

and justA, i am still thinking about my mate who past last week and i went to his funeral on friday... its haunting me about living life before we drop dead !! 

1 day at a time my friend.  At the end of the day, if you enjoyed yourself, if your proud of what you've accomplished, it's been a great day.  Like yesterday,  wife N I stopped and had a few drinks with friends and everyone kept sayin I should dance like nobody's watchin.   Yea right....my court date is in 2 weeks.:slap:😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

what your looking at is the cast splitter between the runners, its not a valve or chock

image.png

yeah Andy with a 64 the steering box is right by the 2 middle exhaust ports ! so no way are any aftermarket tube headers ever going to fit.. but these cast iron repos work justA fine :rofl: , your lemans will have the steering box out the front, so no issues with headers

Still pretty tight with header's even on my Lemans, also my stock manifolds don't look quite as restricted as yours.

Probably going to keep my manifolds.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 3:00 AM, JUSTA6 said:

Like yesterday,  wife N I stopped and had a few drinks with friends and everyone kept sayin I should dance like nobody's watchin.   Yea right....my court date is in 2 weeks.:slap:😁

so you got done for dancing justA????? boy!   it mustA been bad   !!!hahahaha:rofl:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2021 at 4:33 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

Ever feel you have been ripped off ? 

I live in a town that has justA one exhaust shop that can flare 2 1/2 inch  tube .

i got the guy to flare 2 x 6 inch long pieces of mild steel tube to suit the long branch headers .... $96 bucks ! i think i just contributed to his retirement fund!! 

I got ripped 😡😡😡😡

but I have no choice short of driving a hour to the next exhaust shop... 

So for the next few hours I will fume and try not to think about it !!! 

24725530-03DB-454E-93B4-F38EE63D3C44.jpeg

i have had a really nasty experience today.. you all know how i posted about my disappointment with the cost of having 2 pieces of 2 1/2 inch steel tube flared at a local exhaust shop.... pitstop taupo to be exact to be very clear so they know!!

after i paid and walked away with the 2 x flared bits of tube i got a txt message asking how i rate the service i had got from the PITSTOP exhaust shop..........well. you know what i did i gave them a 1 star, did not post a comment and left it at that.

guess what ! 

the owner of the local branch rang me about an hour ago. it was not a pleasant conversation, he started off by swearing at me as to why the F __Ck did i give his business a  one star rating... that got the hairs up on the back of my neck and i went into nice me mode... 

explaining how i had got this generic txt asking for me to rate the service... and to be honest... i was pist off $97 buck nz dollars to flare 2 pieces of tube was a rip off in my thoughts.... he didn't like that one bit... i explained    

he then banged on about his experience and how MY type piss him off and he is over it, i must take the parts back and he will give me my money back!!!! hahahahha ( am really wondering what MY TYPE is !! )

too late ! the parts are fitted( but i did not tell him that).!

what i did say was.... peter. you should have told me you where going to spend 0.6 hours flaring 2 bits of tube and charge me at a rate of $118 per hour BEFORE you did the job and i could have said yes thats fine. or no i will go elsewhere !

he did not take kindly to my suggestion and clearly was wound up before he even called me... :( 

he then hang up on me and i was left hanging with clearly a guy who felt he needed to take his frustration out on me.    

Now all i feel is...well i will leave it to all you who read this and your imagination !!

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i have had a really nasty experience today.. you all know how i posted about my disappointment with the cost of having 2 pieces of 2 1/2 inch steel tube flared at a local exhaust shop.... pitstop taupo to be exact to be very clear so they know!!

after i paid and walked away with the 2 x flared bits of tube i got a txt message asking how i rate the service i had got from the PITSTOP exhaust shop..........well. you know what i did i gave them a 1 star, did not post a comment and left it at that.

guess what ! 

the owner of the local branch rang me about an hour ago. it was not a pleasant conversation, he started off by swearing at me as to why the F __Ck did i give his business a  one star rating... that got the hairs up on the back of my neck and i went into nice me mode... 

explaining how i had got this generic txt asking for me to rate the service... and to be honest... i was pist off $97 buck nz dollars to flare 2 pieces of tube was a rip off in my thoughts.... he didn't like that one bit... i explained    

he then banged on about his experience and how MY type piss him off and he is over it, i must take the parts back and he will give me my money back!!!! hahahahha ( am really wondering what MY TYPE is !! )

too late ! the parts are fitted( but i did not tell him that).!

what i did say was.... peter. you should have told me you where going to spend 0.6 hours flaring 2 bits of tube and charge me at a rate of $118 per hour BEFORE you did the job and i could have said yes thats fine. or no i will go elsewhere !

he did not take kindly to my suggestion and clearly was wound up before he even called me... :( 

he then hang up on me and i was left hanging with clearly a guy who felt he needed to take his frustration out on me.    

Now all i feel is...well i will leave it to all you who read this and your imagination !!

This sounds like what I call an F-U very much, a nasty letter to follow type of conversation.

You berate customers who are critical of your work? You treat them like crap and with disrespect? Obviously he doesn't realize that dissatisfied customers tell 15-25 people about your horrible service vs. the satisficed customers who will tell 3-5 people. 

I guess he doesn't like intelligent customers who try to think what the value of something is worth rather than the sheep customers who will pay whatever ridiculous rate he wants without question. I think that is what he is talking about as YOUR TYPE.

Clearly you have every reason to post an even further negative review on this guy online IMHO. Up to you. You have said your piece to the owner. Do you want to share that negative experience with others as a warning or are you willing to let it go?

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1