Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

That's the proper way to tell them to bugger off mate! Do it with your wallet! :cheers:

I once heard someone say that in business if you don't worry about your customers, then you won't soon have a business to worry about either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Better still, load ME up on jalapenos, beer and pizza the night before. It'll be an easy point & squirt affair!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Better still, load ME up on jalapenos, beer and pizza the night before. It'll be an easy point & squirt affair!

haha!! classics ! we could do that easy with the way my boss makes pizza ! 

not only does her pizza make you have the squirts but too much cream and i can vom too !! hahahaha 

• Haha 1

Nice job.  Looks like a new driveshaft too.  Really like the idea of a flange going over the rearend so you can take it apart.  Have not seen that before.  You guys with lifts are soooo smart!

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 3:35 AM, Fitzy said:

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 2

So using some 10 mm mild steel rod and some rubber bushes here is my creation for hangers 

92AA6A2B-5152-4DD2-9F3C-A12A76AC10BD.jpeg

These are just south of the flowmasters holding up most of the weight, and thats the flanged joint so its nice and easy to bolt all together over the cross member holding the diff arms ... remembering i could not buy any 44's so i had to settle for 40's which are quieter !!!🙄 ... if these things are too quiet they WILL be coming out when 44 are available again !

932A4D28-C031-4568-BB20-027D61CAD1D1.jpeg

46DCBC35-328F-4D97-8AC5-F220556DD8A3.jpeg

E9FAD79B-152E-43D8-A656-E18151CDA477.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

And a couple of simple rear hangers pretty much where the old factory one was with the single pipe system 

I have bent the 10 mm rod up over the chassis and welded it on the out side of the chassis rail 

7A92516C-FB24-41D2-9E22-4AB542DDEE44.jpeg

6582737B-AC43-4BD6-B88F-ECFEC8D49B41.jpeg

note to anyone building their own system, i bought 4 combination bends, 8 flat flanges bolts and gaskets  and 4m of 63mm (2 1/2 inch) tube and it wasn't enough!! see the rusty tube!! that was a bit i had left over from my last system some 3 years ago !!... add another metre to your order!!:cheers:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

And here is a jegs x pipe kit I bought for the 64 !!!! NOT :rofl:

09EF389C-78A3-4749-B4BC-13CBE287FD3F.jpeg

70A3F1A9-9E36-43E8-9E24-532D69DBAA48.jpeg

ready for paint.... sort of.. it all needs to be cleaned and prepped and fingers crossed after i have done the jobs the boss wants done tomorrow morning its warm enough to paint... details to come :dancingpontiac: 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Got to love covid lock downs!!! :rofl::dancingpontiac:

Very impressed with your work and  craftsmanship........mad skills mate.  Now to add style points with Moma, tell her how much you saved by doing your own work.  If you had taken it into your speed shop, that averages out to a LIL better than $50.00 per 10 inches.  ATTA BOY!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Very impressed with your work and  craftsmanship........mad skills mate.  Now to add style points with Moma, tell her how much you saved by doing your own work.  If you had taken it into your speed shop, that averages out to a LIL better than $50.00 per 10 inches.  ATTA BOY!!!

good point mate! i worked out i have spent 16 hours building it... the blood sucker at  pitstop Taupo would have charged $1880.00 plus tax at his hourly rate of $118 :stars:   :rofl:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

got the exhaust system painted today  :cheers:

i used the kbs paint system that i used on the long branch headers,,, but these parts wont fit in my pizza oven to cure! :rofl:

it will need to bake when i fire the 389 up... i did run the blow torch over it all just to start the curing process.

first pic is of the zinc primer, and then the black top coat. 

D31616C2-8C4A-4E44-843A-FB62661B42D1.jpeg

E204DD68-60EE-4140-AF93-B07547C86689.jpeg

6FDF33C9-AF3B-4676-AD60-57744210B52D.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

Next stage is to get the brake system finished 

i am yet to make a new brake line over the diff.. hopefully tomorrow... 

have installed the body to diff Teflon brake hose 

C7435B0E-C5B8-437C-8409-CACA7E1EB04A.jpeg

Strip down the Brakes and replace the slave cylinders ... front ones no problem !

but the rears have the wrong size thread !! in the pipe connection 

So yet again my rockauto buy was wrong ... so I striped the 1 inch cups, seals out of the rock auto ones and rebuilt my stock ones :cheers:

F0C52177-58B9-4B88-8E0A-97270E9AC089.jpeg

And got to use my favorite magnet tray when pulling the rears apart !! Super handy tool 👍👍👍

F08B60C6-A20C-43E0-8E8D-063D47EF0277.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

Almost Dream Cruise ready....  How long will it take ya to DRIVE here? :slap:   Been scrambling to get the motor in my son in laws 69 Buick Rivera.  Rock auto and the wrong motor mounts will keep the car home this year. 😟  GTO has a full size rear seat!  Headin out to indulge in the street madness.

Edited by JUSTA6

16 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Almost Dream Cruise ready....  How long will it take ya to DRIVE here? :slap: 

i am green with envy mate!! you enjoy the cruise... my plan is to be there next year, fingers crossed 👍

• Like 2