Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 4/27/2021 at 12:54 AM, JUSTA6 said:

Amazing amount of work!   You da man!

thank you JustA, you have been there done this all already, so i am kinda justA doing what you did, BUT yours is a GTO :bowdown:

On 4/26/2021 at 8:19 PM, Fitzy said:

Shit hot. A vast improvement and it's sitting nice, too. 

mate you can hi jack any time 👍

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

It's sitting slightly low on the driver's side. What it needs is a chrome external mirror on the passenger side to even it up. Wait a minute - I think I have one somewhere. Have I got a deal for you!

hmm, the big question is rump, scotch, or eye fillet on the bbq !!!! hehehe:drool: and i am sure you can help me knock back a beer or two :cheers:.... 

oh and thats a BIG yes to the mirror mate....INCLUDING free home delivery :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

thank you JustA, you have been there done this all already, so i am kinda justA doing what you did, BUT yours is a GTO :bowdown:

I can appreciate all you have accomplished by yourself that much more.  It's all for the love of Pontiac. 

2207335_318_full.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Frosty seems to think the occasion will degrade into the usual pool of mud, blood & beer. Hey, we're not going to Michigan!

It'll be a night of cerebral conversation, fine wine, some tapas and perhaps a few donuts at midnight in one of Kiwi's 9 cars - or perhaps we'll use all of them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Frosty seems to think the occasion will degrade into the usual pool of mud, blood & beer. Hey, we're not going to Michigan!

It'll be a night of cerebral conversation, fine wine, some tapas and perhaps a few donuts at midnight in one of Kiwi's 9 cars - or perhaps we'll use all of them.

hehe... what frosty doesn't know Fitzy, is that we live on a nice quiet country road... and tucked away under her blanket, sitting waiting, is a beast that frosty would love to drive,

he would love to own too !!

And you n  i can go burn some rubber in, we can post the pics back here for Frosty to  spin his wheels over  !!:driving::rofl:... the clue as to what i am banging on about????

plum crazy.:bowdown:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni

6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

hehe... what frosty doesn't know Fitzy, is that we live on a nice quiet country road... and tucked away under her blanket, sitting waiting, is a beast that frosty would love to drive,

And you n  i can go burn some rubber in, we can post the pics back here for Frosty to  spin his wheels over  !!:driving::rofl:... the clue as to what i am banging on about????

This should be posted in NEVER grow up.....BUT seems to apply here. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

No mate , that’s in Auckland 3 hours away , but I have been there 

it’s a really old track that they want gone ! But the fans have kept it alive !

gota have big balls to drive a sprint car !!! 

It was some good racing.

20 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

I know the car you mean. It's that bitchin' Fiat 500 you've got that you painted with purple house paint and fitted it with the big block 650.

Man, wait til we hit 40mph. Woo hoo!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/28/2021 at 3:44 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

hehe, i am sayin nothin !😜

I can neither confirm or deny the existence of another car in the garage honey!

On 4/28/2021 at 6:51 PM, Fitzy said:

I call B.S.  Prove me wrong. Send me a vide you two actually doing that cerebral shit! I expect an Oz versions of the Dukes of Hazzard will actually take place. I do expect alcohol to be involved - both in your stomachs and in the fuel tank.

On 4/29/2021 at 2:40 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

PFfft...I can't swing a dead cat with hitting a Hellkitty around here. My neighbor works for FCA, she's working on the new Grand Wagoner program. I see Mopar's in their driveway all the time. Virtually every car show on TV does something with Mopar these days. I live 40 miles from FCA HQ in Auburn Hills Michigan (I use to work right behind it) so I saw new Mopars all the time.

Dodge is my preferred car brand now that Pontiac is gone (GMC is my truck brand) . I've been considering a Challenger for quite a while. Probably not a Hellcat just because they are so expensive, but a R/T with a shaker hood or an SRT would be nice.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

How much is petrol per litre in Oz or Aussieland these days? I know that gas is around $2.85/gallon near me. $1.30/liter near Toronto near Dualquadpete.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

How much is petrol per litre in Oz or Aussieland these days? I know that gas is around $2.85/gallon near me. $1.30/liter near Toronto near Dualquadpete.

Don't move to california about $4.00 for regular

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

About AU$1.30 - $1.50 per litre, depending on how far from a capital city you are, and it's dependant on how much federal & state taxes you are being gouged with. Almost half of our fuel retail price is composed of tax, which you wouldn't mind if it was spent on transport infrastructure, which it isn't. 

• Like 2

Guys I need a little bit of help here , this is my first carter carb and while I know to turn each idle screw in till the engine slows then back out 1/4 to half a turn

how do I set the middle air by pass screw ? 

2D948C77-8DCA-459D-BD9E-EBB8DAA976C0.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fitzy said:

About AU$1.30 - $1.50 per litre, depending on how far from a capital city you are, and it's dependant on how much federal & state taxes you are being gouged with. Almost half of our fuel retail price is composed of tax, which you wouldn't mind if it was spent on transport infrastructure, which it isn't. 

$2.10 to $2.40  nz  for 91 octane :stars:per Litre !

• Like 2

• Founders
3 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

$2.10 to $2.40  nz  for 91 octane :stars:per Litre !

We’re about $3.40 a gallon here for 91. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Guys I need a little bit of help here , this is my first carter carb and while I know to turn each idle screw in till the engine slows then back out 1/4 to half a turn

how do I set the middle air by pass screw ? 

2D948C77-8DCA-459D-BD9E-EBB8DAA976C0.jpeg

I googled 'carter afb air bypass' and came up with a wealth of info:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/tech/carburetor-classic-the-carter-afb-has-it-really-been-63-years/&ved=2ahUKEwiplb2UranwAhWDzDgGHXvoD5kQFjABegQIFhAC&usg=AOvVaw0TtvPIA9F06GS6oOQfh6c6

Also check thecarburetorshop. Heaps of good info.

• Like 1