Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Oil changes for the Accord and Galant are done.

Accord gets 5W-20 full synthetic Castrol while the Galant gets 5W-30 synthetic blend high mileage Valvoline. Both got OEM filters.

The Galant is showing rust issues from harsh Long Island salt treatments. The filler neck is rusting bad, but no leaks or EVAP codes. Luckily the actual filler neck piece is still available from Mitsu.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

The Galant is showing rust issues from harsh Long Island salt treatments. The filler neck is rusting bad, but no leaks or EVAP codes. Luckily the actual filler neck piece is still available from Mitsu.

the filler neck was rotted bad on my old legacy. they put a plastic shield on the bottom bend at the piece that faced the ground and over the years of sand getting built up there it rotted but didn't leak until i was under there one day changing the tires and decided to clean the sand out.. needless to say it got replaced the next week. wasn't getting any codes either but i'm pretty sure the sand was keeping the gas in..lol

the filler neck was rotted bad on my old legacy. they put a plastic shield on the bottom bend at the piece that faced the ground and over the years of sand getting built up there it rotted but didn't leak until i was under there one day changing the tires and decided to clean the sand out.. needless to say it got replaced the next week. wasn't getting any codes either but i'm pretty sure the sand was keeping the gas in..lol

It's $115 for a new filler neck (my cost) but I'm worried about all the other hoses fall apart once it's taken out.

It's $115 for a new filler neck (my cost) but I'm worried about all the other hoses fall apart once it's taken out.

mine was around the same price something like $100 but i paid the shop down the street to put it on since shit was rusty back there and i was like nope..plus i didn't want to deal with all the crap that was brittle and what not..

i honestly don't know what else they replaces relating to that i didn't really ask but i'm assuming like you it probably included some little hoses.

did this a few days ago.

post-15-0-48230900-1402379551_thumb.jpg

also snapped off 2 of them. :picard: damn luck. what more will go wrong?

Gto12004_zps2b95d21c.jpg

Fan shroud didn't show up again today for the GTO, can't find the correct pressure plate for the Sunbird, did get my water temp gauge to match the original Autogauge set under dash. Taking the flywheel, clutch to the shop tomorrow for measuring and figure out what to use. Sold Justa 6 TOO yesterday. Bummin...never been without a boat before.

Justa throw away those POS jack stands..Im pretty sure they were recalled.I just looked for the article i read about that type,cant find it yet.Be Safe.HF is having a fathers day sale this weekend.I owe you some cash so lets meet up there and shop till we drop LOL

Ohhhh.....he-man male bonding and power shopping. Careful JUSTA, if you end up in Livonia at NPD, neither of you will get out alive without a single untaped credit card.

Justa throw away those POS jack stands..Im pretty sure they were recalled.I just looked for the article i read about that type,cant find it yet.Be Safe.HF is having a fathers day sale this weekend.I owe you some cash so lets meet up there and shop till we drop LOL

Those are over 30 yrs old....and earned my trust. LOL The cars on the ramps, Those things I don't trust. The stands are there for safety...Justa in case. We are square bro.... you don't owe me! Getting ready to call the clutch shop in Detroit. He was suppose to find the large FLAT flywheel and new clutch combo. He never called back. Couple years ago he was the only one to carry the parts I needed and sent a guy to deliver them that same day. This is gonna be expensive when he has what I need. Can't use the new shroud for the GTO with the old Chevy radiator thats in it. Can't even BUY any luck right now. See you tomorrow. Hope you have your brake leaks fixed.

I got up at o'dark thirty this morning and detailed Black Betty for a show today. It was an open show (no classes, just top 30) with 200+ cars in attendance.

Well... Betty was looking particularly fine today and snagged one of the top 30 trophies. :woot:

Betty019_zps660f569f.jpg

Very Nice ride.Well deserved

Congrats!

Simply beautiful. Well deserved win! :dancingpontiac:

All of you, very beautiful rides. You all get a first in my cranium!!!

Congrats on the hardware win stratman.

Aw-shucks you guys... thanks!

Frosty and I were Display only as we were representin a sponsor.

Gto12002_zps693ae6ef.jpg

Well, with those two beautiful Pontiacs sitting on either side of the booth, I'm sure you generated lots of interest for your sponsor!