Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

But BMW...

Thanks okay Ringo - the Detroit River is just a few more feet past that snowbank on the left !!!! Then it can be a U-boat! :lol2:

Great picture Killer - in town for the NAIAS?

Nothing to the car itself, but I have been working on building a secondary power distribution block for the computer and a couple other things I may want to put in. And I tore down a PC tower for the motherboard, hard drive, and a few accessories. I'm going to build a more compact and car friendly enclosure for it soon.

Thanks okay Ringo - the Detroit River is just a few more feet past that snowbank on the left !!!! Then it can be a U-boat! :lol2:

Great picture Killer - in town for the NAIAS?

Yeah, currently on my way to Milwaukee tho

• 2 months later...

Plan to fire the GTO for the 1st time this year and do some cleaning. 1st show of the year is tomorrow and I may Justa scoot over there.

• Founders

Plan to fire the GTO for the 1st time this year and do some cleaning. 1st show of the year is tomorrow and I may Justa scoot over there.

Cutting it a bit close with fire her up the day before? lol.

That's cool though, post pics of the show if you go!

Cutting it a bit close with fire her up the day before? lol.

That's cool though, post pics of the show if you go!

Justa heard about the show yesterday. Spent the AM chargin the battery, killed it on 1st try startup. Finally fired, dusted off, will finish clean when I get there. We have to go to the fricken OPERA tonight. My daughter won WINGS tickets for tonight.... On the glass no less and of course offered the 2nd one to me 1st. Can't believe I'm missing this game, but the bought the wife a block of Opera tickets for her Birthday, last year. Get to drive the GTO for the 1st time tomorrow :dancingpontiac: Sacrifices must be made.

Dropped the wife off at the airport. I had a quiet day at the shop.

Changed:

Brakes

Summer tires

spark plugs

rad flush

Got my SOLO Axlebacks and VCM OTR Intake installed on the GXP today. She goes from purr to growl very nicely!

Should of gone with the corsa. Soooo freaking good. Of course all opinion on such a matter.

I didn't do anything TO the car but I did finally get another set of rims for it...

Corsa sounds good but way too expensive for what it is. Plus, if you read a few of the G8 forums, numerous Corsa owners have strange issues whenever it rains. Since I daily drive mine, I can't risk that even if it is a small chance. If anything I'll probably go with a full SOLO build eventually or piece together a few other brands someday. Right now I spent close to $1200 for the axlebacks and intake. Next on my list might be lowering springs but I'm hesitant due to the fact that the GXP front end only leaves a couple centimeters between curbs and the bumper when I park at stock height.

I'm happy enough with the sound now that it will be a while before I get the itch to work on the exhaust again. I spent nearly 2 hours yesterday drilling out a bolt that sheared off so I've had my fill of exhaust work for a while...

drove my car for about 300 miles yesterday, spent the day with the wife. Today plan on changin oil, replacing fog light bulbs, and some yard work depending on wether of course.

• Founders

Justa heard about the show yesterday. Spent the AM chargin the battery, killed it on 1st try startup. Finally fired, dusted off, will finish clean when I get there. We have to go to the fricken OPERA tonight. My daughter won WINGS tickets for tonight.... On the glass no less and of course offered the 2nd one to me 1st. Can't believe I'm missing this game, but the bought the wife a block of Opera tickets for her Birthday, last year. Get to drive the GTO for the 1st time tomorrow :dancingpontiac: Sacrifices must be made.

Ah, gotcha :)

Ouch, how was the Opera?

OPERA sucks...... Somebody hand me a hunk of exhaust pipe to impail myself on. Beautiful AM. GOT TO FEEL THE RUMBLE!!! Turned out to be a great show with 60 cars at the local Chevy dealer.

Gto12008_zpsfd6d0419.jpg

Might as well park in the middle of the big dawgs, the black one took best of show, Impala was perfect and JUSTA nother Vette.

Gto12004_zps6ff853ae.jpg

Gto12043_zps3cf8f25b.jpg

Finally got some backup from the TRIBE.

Gto12041_zpsc47810bd.jpg

Gto12033_zps09c26f9f.jpg

Gto12035_zps15b70740.jpg

Gto12027_zpsf01eca41.jpg

Gto12045_zpsd69d5174.jpg

Not sure how many pic's I can put in one thread...Sooo, here's a couple more.

Gto12032_zps8c9521d0.jpg

Gto12012_zpsd72a683f.jpg

Gto12021_zps904a13d4.jpg

Nice 67, 4 spd, 389

Been in the 60's here for a week now and we still have piles of snow!!!!

Gto12046_zps36240242.jpg

Awesome pics JUSTA. I hit a local swap meet yesterday. I had to skip the Widetracker's meeting. The United States Air Force Concert Band and Singing Sargeants were at our local high school performing instead. The concert was great as well as patriotic. A good thing too, had I gone to the meeting the hail and severe winds would have been an issue too. As luck would have it, we missed the worst of the nasty weather altogether.

Awesome pics JUSTA. I hit a local swap meet yesterday. I had to skip the Widetracker's meeting. The United States Air Force Concert Band and Singing Sargeants were at our local high school performing instead. The concert was great as well as patriotic. A good thing too, had I gone to the meeting the hail and severe winds would have been an issue too. As luck would have it, we missed the worst of the nasty weather altogether.

Half of Clarkston lost power....I was LUCKY again.

Nice pics, JUSTA! Great turnout from the tribe!

Chevy's rule at Bowman.... But Pontiac was represented. :indian: The LIL Astre Pro ST was the bomb.

Half of Clarkston lost power....I was LUCKY again.

We missed out - JUSTA lotta wind. By the time the concert was over, it had even stopped raining.

Yeah, lucky I guess but then we got hit with 1.4 inches of snow on Monday night. So we are officially the snowest winter on record....JUSTA over 7 feet (84 inches) of snow.

Chevy's rule at Bowman.... But Pontiac was represented. :indian: The LIL Astre Pro ST was the bomb.

I'm glad it did. I have a thing for "H" body cars. The first car I ever owned was a '71 Vega. So I understand the desire to own one. Seems to me we know someone with an "H" body Pontiac too....supercharged V6 and all.

We missed out - JUSTA lotta wind. By the time the concert was over, it had even stopped raining.

Yeah, lucky I guess but then we got hit with 1.4 inches of snow on Monday night. So we are officially the snowest winter on record....JUSTA over 7 feet (84 inches) of snow.

I'm glad it did. I have a thing for "H" body cars. The first car I ever owned was a '71 Vega. So I understand the desire to own one. Seems to me we know someone with an "H" body Pontiac too....supercharged V6 and all.

We got 3in of snow out of it. Weather has been the least of my worries this week. Sunday the washer let loose, came home to water squirtin out every hole in the back of it. 2 days to strip the room, replace flooring/washer. Kitchen wood floor is now buckeling, was able to dry carpet in computer room. Still workin on gettin everything back in the laundry room. SO Yesterday blamed the dog for a wet spot in the living room. Started cleaning and it's not JUSTA spot. Water heater let go, soaking through the walls into the living room, flooded the dining room as well. Turn all water off and hook the hose to the drain on heater and the whole spicked breaks off BLASTIN me point blank with scalding water and lime deposit's. After moving/saving furniture, now all my pad had to be removed from under carpet, company has 5 large fans and a huge dehumidifier running and can't even hear myself think. Plumber has to replace entire heater tomorrow and Water damage company will determine if they saved the carpet or it will have to be replaced as well. And I won't even get into the rest of the crap that's happened. Frosty, I have another calander for you. You can display one with the cover closed and 1 with "your page" open on both sides of that awesome trophy.

great pics! taking a guess here...Star Chief? and my car, once again, nothing. going on one month collecting dirt. there is one thing i want to do tho, and that is to take out the little seized bolt on one of my rims center cap. its been drilled thru but only with a thin bit. suggestions on completing and saving the threads?