Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Shit, what happened?

got rear ended, lady in the jeep had mechanical falure ( car stalled lost power brakes and steering) she couldnt slow down fast enough and nailed me, Damages are ( just from what i can tell at quick glance) Qtr panel is creased and pushed in, LED tail is cracked, Bumper is Messed up, looks like the bumper reinforcement is bent, she also hit the wheel and thats pointed towards the inner fender, every time i hit the clutch i get a thump from the rear end, Also the sunroof wont close so their is a chance just from the way it was hit it tweeked the chassis. it felt liek a big hit, but i was expecting much more damage. all i know its going to be well over 3k to fix

She's at fault, make sure you don't pay a cent.

BUT, when it does go to the body shop, make sure they're using OEM parts, especially with a late model E46. Body shops are cheap fucks when it comes to insurance repairs.

I've seen so much half assed repair jobs from "professional" shops, it's pathetic. Most of them won't even blend in the painted repair spots, wetsand properly or don't even wetsand at all, leaving insane orange peel.

As for your rear wheel, probably a bent control arm. Also, if the wheel is damaged, don't bother getting one fixed. That black ice paint is next to impossible to match with how ROH does it.

Yup everything is covered by insurance, i just picked up the rental 2014 charger and yeah i figured the unibody is bent, prepared for if they total it, i dont even have to pay my deductable, Also the Car is being towed to the bmw where it will be repaired.

Both 300s on the lot are 2012 models.

Here is the silver V6 model

http://www.jimwaldronmillerroad.com/inventory.php?id=5844622

Here is the black 300C that I test drove for 10 minutes and hardly any gas

http://www.jimwaldronmillerroad.com/inventory.php?id=5844572

Here is the only CTS with the 3.6L on the lot too, but its a 2010 model. All the others CTS have the 3.0L. Note the different front headlights.

http://www.jimwaldronmillerroad.com/inventory.php?id=5844564

I got a phone call last night from the used car dealership. The black 300C was sold. An elder man came in and traded in a 2008 black 300C with 39k miles on it for this one. I hope to get there by the weekend to test drive more cars.

Gold plasti-dip, y0.

Pissed!!!!!!

Long story short valve stem was leaking and tire was flat when I went to put them on. All fixed now and probably waiting for the weekend.

Note: This is NOT gold plasti dip per say. It is called Plasti dip metalizer. You need to already have a base coat of plasti dip (any color you choose, Normally black) down then add coats of the metalizer.

Both 300s on the lot are 2012 models.

Here is the silver V6 model

http://www.jimwaldronmillerroad.com/inventory.php?id=5844622

Here is the black 300C that I test drove for 10 minutes and hardly any gas

http://www.jimwaldronmillerroad.com/inventory.php?id=5844572

Here is the only CTS with the 3.6L on the lot too, but its a 2010 model. All the others CTS have the 3.0L. Note the different front headlights.

http://www.jimwaldronmillerroad.com/inventory.php?id=5844564

I test drove the silver V6-powered 300 today. The shifter was different since it was all electronic. No shifter dedent, it was more of a joystick with a button to do the shifting. Everytime I tried to put my foot into it, the rear end would break loose. I wouldn't figure why until after the drive was over, the rear tires were practically bald and it was raining all day, so naturally I was loosing traction. What the hell ?!?!? The car only has 8700 miles, why are the rear tires bald?

I also test drove a red Cadillac CTS-4 with the 3.0L. I definitely liked the luxury ride of this one over the sport tuned suspension that the silver 3.6L had. The car was owned by a smoker though. The aroma slapped me in the face as soon as I got in the car. I did like the sport mode transmission letting me know what gear I was in though.

The last car I drove was a 2008 Hemi powered 300C. This car was traded in when the 2012 300C was purchased earlier in the week. This car only has 39K miles on it and was selling for $16.5K. it was also black in and out. It didn't have the navigation and blue tooth capabilties that the 2012 has.

Both 300s have a lot more leg room and comfort that the CTS does. The dash of the CTS has a V-shaped console to dash. It hits my right knee slightly and I can see myself cracking my knee on it in the right crash. I don't have this problem in the 300. So I think I've decided I like the 300 over the CTS. I just don't want black.

So now I need to review things with the wife. Since I am on no time schedule to replace the Avalanche, I might wait until a non-black 300C shows up. I like the little things (besides the Hemi) like adjustable power tilt and telescoping steering wheel and brake/accelerator pedals, and heated seats. Also, the 300C seems to have all the other top of the line bells and whistles.

I also switched my Kubota tractor over from mulching to grass catching/bagging for the fall leaves. Now the lawn has to dry out after nearly 3 days of solid rain.

What did you do to your Car today?

I DROVE IT !...

http://s412.photobucket.com/user/SPRINT-6/media/BUILT%20TO%20BE%20DRIVEN/TESTDRIVE66.mp4.html?sort=4&o=0

While playing with the Go Pro.

:D

picked up the new outback yesterday..checked the bulbs and all that nonsense before i go get it inspected next week. also rain-x'd the windows..then next weekend i start pulling my stereo and the few things i'm keeping from the old legacy before it get's sent off to be turned into a cube.

20131102_103002.jpg

probably the last pic i'll get of the old one at work. it's done monday once i go to the registry and then it becomes a garage ornament for a few weeks

20131011_113245.jpg