Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

• Founders

Oh, don't worry about us old timers! We'd love to see an epic set (so long as its on a beautiful woman) - no man or animal sets here buster! Any man that don't want to look at a set is dead!

Sadly, I think its against the acceptable use policy though.

Frostman hit the nail on the head. Its not that any of us don't want to see epic tits, its the fact that it is against our rules. We want to keep the site viewable for all those who may stumble across it and keep it work/school friendly.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Frostman hit the nail on the head. Its not that any of us don't want to see epic tits, its the fact that it is against our rules. We want to keep the site viewable for all those who may stumble across it and keep it work/school friendly.

Dang it. I hate being right about this- no matter how much I vehemently agree with it. :slap:

How about a 18+ section? every other fourm im on has one.

Did a quick test drive last night in a 2012 Chrysler 300C and 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 w/ 3.6L. Hardly any gas in either of them so I couldn't go very far and the dealership was closing in 20 minutes because their outdoor lights weren't working (since their posted business hours said I had another hour). First impression, a little more leg and cabin room in the 300. Much more sport tuned suspension in the CTS. I need to go back and finish looking at both cars in the daylight and drive them both again on the expressway.

Right now, based on 10 minutes of total seat time in each, I like the 300 over the CTS. I still haven't hit any bumpy roads or the expressway yet either. So I am not finished test driving.

Got my plates/Ins, for the truck. Added new carpet over the bedliner to keep my STUFF from sliding around. Rubbed out then polished paint. Dug out some of my truck goodies to install. Sanded/painted the grill guard, class 3 hitch and found my chrome skid plate. Moved all my stuff in. Will start installing tomorrow before it starts raining. Wish I had checked the brakes earlier today, while I was still in brake mode. Will need soon and the temps start dropping tomorrow. Beautiful day for painting, near 70 N sunny, glad that's done.

So I was able to get the cap repainted, installed the skid plate, my grill guard and the class 3 hitch. Ran out of good weather as it was 31 here this AM and threating our 1st SNOW of the year today.

You are preaching to the choir on that one. I would rather have the Hemi hands down.

The problem is two fold. The used car lot has only two 300s right now. The 300C is black. I've owned three black vehicles (including two of them Trans Ams and I still own the '86). Black cars show dirt and dust like a mother. The other 300 is silver with the 3.6L V6. The silver looks sharp but I didn't have time to test drive it the other night. The other problem is the wife already likes the silver one too (based on looks alone since she was not with me on the test drive). The other thing between the 300C and 300 is mileage. The 300C has about 25k miles on it, the 300 has only 8700, I can't explain why such a huge difference in mileage. The dealership was closing up when I did the test drives.

I liked all the options in the 300C as well. I am assuming the silver 300 has fewer options, so I am not sure if I will be as happy with it as I was with the 300C. Still I am not too anxious to own another black car given the level of road salt in the winter months here in Michigan. There are already too many black Caddies and Chryslers on the road for my taste anyway. Personally black Caddies are for funeral homes.

My GAGT was black, I know the headache. Silver...you might forget to wash it on a normal basis, though. :lol: My Honda is silver with graphite colored ROHs...I can let it get dirty after a month, and it doesn't look dirty at all. :lol:

Is that dealer the only option? I know I had to find a dealer 40 miles away from me to find the Honda, sometimes the car can be worth the distance. Not everyday you'll find a nearly nine year old car with 50K on it, in garage kept condition. I got lucky, hopefully you do too.

Oh, take any carfax report with a grain of salt, my Honda came back clean, but after cleaning and detailing it myself quite a few times...I found evidence of a respray and some aftermarket replacement parts (car was sideswiped sometime in it's life.)

That's one of the reasons why I like the silver 300 so much (I am lazy when it comes to washing my daily driver - I admit it). Even my pewter gold Avalanche doesn't do too bad for showing dirt. He is not the only dealer. We have other options. He just has a very huge used car lot and a lot of Caddies and some Chryslers to choose from. Some other dealers have very small used car lots and fewer choices.

I also have an option with another dealership that my ex-brother-in-law works for. He's looking for me too. The short list I gave him was 300s, CTS, Chargers, G8 GTs or GXPs, or any specially Challengers (R/T or SRT8). I also keep asking him when the Chevy SS arrives in the showroom although I am not really willing to pay the new car price tag when these used cars at 1-2 years old are half the new car price tag.

I am fussy when it comes to new cars. So I poke around the entire car. I saw a charcoal CTS on the lot that definitely has some seriously bad scratches on it and needs to be fixed before I would even consider buying it or the price would come down even more.

• Founders

Frosty is looking at a Chrysler :willy_nilly:

:rofl:

I really want to like the newer 300's but I think the previous gens "brick" appeal tarnished that for me. The only two colors I really like on cars are Blue and Black, my last 2 cars have been black. I am with you Frosty that I don't really clean the DD that often but the G6 doesn't look that bad and it's been about a month since I washed it due to it raining every day here. Personally, I really like CTS', think they are great for luxury and performance now.

Definitely agree on your comment with the Chevy SS, love that car and want to pick one up as my new DD but can't see myself paying the sticker price they want for it. At "asking price" it is more than my Camaro :picard:

I can't buy a new Pontiac - so what's a guy to do? I did tell the ex-BIL to look for a G8. :O RLY Owl:

I like the 300 styling because it was a long hood and a sense of elegance that a lot of cars don't have anymore. The CTS, on the other hand, is definitely cutting edge styling and I do like Cadillac's style. My problem these days is telling the CTS from the ATS from the XTS when its coming at me. I know an Escalade and SRX when I see one. Both the 300C and CTS are expensive - which is why I am going used.

I've think the Chevy SS pricing to compete with the Charger SRT8 is rather silly. It is only one model and it comes in above most of the Camaros. The G8 had the base V6, the GT and GXP to choose from. Different price points for different budgets. I guess GM isn't expecting to see that many then.

• Founders

Hey, happy you're still buying American ;)

Agreed on Caddy's latest sedan models, definitely have trouble distinguishing between them unless I'm right on top of one but I think once the 2014 CTS hits the street it will change it all. Though you're not in the market for a new one so I guess that point is sort of moot.

Said this before about the Chevy SS, seems like almost every time I mention it :lol: , but it seems like GM is testing the waters: not having any other trims, a manual option, etc... just seems either not well thought through and an afterthought, or they're testing the market. Very stupid as it will sell if they do everything correctly.

What year 300 are you going for?

Right before the model change, Chrysler was selling the 300S. They were V6s with the new "black accent" look they've started doing and pretty much all the goodies of a 300C, but more sporty looking.

There's also 300Cs that came with a SRT package that wasn't the full on SRT-8 model with the 382 Hemi.

What year 300 are you going for?

Right before the model change, Chrysler was selling the 300S. They were V6s with the new "black accent" look they've started doing and pretty much all the goodies of a 300C, but more sporty looking.

There's also 300Cs that came with a SRT package that wasn't the full on SRT-8 model with the 382 Hemi.

Both 300s on the lot are 2012 models.

Here is the silver V6 model

http://www.jimwaldronmillerroad.com/inventory.php?id=5844622

Here is the black 300C that I test drove for 10 minutes and hardly any gas

http://www.jimwaldronmillerroad.com/inventory.php?id=5844572

Here is the only CTS with the 3.6L on the lot too, but its a 2010 model. All the others CTS have the 3.0L. Note the different front headlights.

http://www.jimwaldronmillerroad.com/inventory.php?id=5844564

Ah, they are 2nd gen 300s. I was thinking the older ones for some reason.

The V6 probably wouldn't be so bad...the Pentastar V6s make just a hair under 300HP. The eight speed autos would really take some getting used to for me, the 300C Hemi still has the Mercedes based five speed autos.

I know the Pentastar 3.6L V6s are supposed to be way better than the boat anchor 2.7L and 3.5L engines it's replaced. Give it a go first, I should have asked what year it was first. :lol:

And ah, you were looking at a CTS4. I haven't heard anything bad about their AWD systems, but wanting to know the maintenance on servicing the AWD would be on the top of my list before buying one.

Yeah, it has the HID headlights. The halogen projector ones are different. But if you do go with the CTS, don't get lured into thinking the HID bulbs are dealer only. There's a lot of aftermarket sources that sell OEM brand bulbs for half the cost of the dealer.

My next door neighbor has a black 2010 CTS-4 with the 3.0L. He loves it. He said the only thing he regrets is no getting the 3.6L. So that's why I am looking at it first. I am considering the CTS-4 for the AWD for winter driving. Since I am downhill skier (seriously - with a name like Frosty), I like to have something to get through the snow roads and highways in northern lower Michigan to get to the ski resorts - a 4x4 SUV has done me well for the past 20 or so years. Now the wife wants me to get into a car. So AWD makes some sense - if I can get it.

According to Edmunds.com the 2012 V6 300 sedan is 292 HP @ 6350RPM. 19/31 MPG, the 300C is 363 HP, 18/27 MPG - non-AWD versions.

And you installed a Jeep in the trunk.

Okay I already told Frosty this but I had to do the walk of shame.

Ms Notallthere's Cavalier gets exactly 674.3 KM in one tank of gas while rolling through the hills of Kentucky. We were 200 yards shy of the gas station.

Did the Missus get pictures of the walk of shame?

More importantly did you get the 120 MPH speedo and power windows for the Fiero at the Fiero Factory?

They are calling tomorrow if they have the parts. I could have pushed it but it was up hill and I was feeling lazy. Okay the hill was steep enough to suck even walking up.

She offered to take pictures but I said no.