Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

i was planning on lifting it a little bit..subtle solutions makes 1" lift blocks that go on top of the strut hat..looks like i'd gain about an inch with the forester springs. might try those first..probably way cheaper than the $225ish for the stuff from subtle solutions.

seems moog makes a rear set of forester springs.. $60 shipped.. on ebay all i can find for the fronts are loaded used struts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moog-6435-Rear-Coil-Springs-/130973535537?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASubaru

got some of these toyo snow tires on the way for it...these will be going on the stock rims and then in the spring i'll find something different for rims and tires.

http://simpletire.com/toyo-p205-70r15-130120-tires

had these toyo snows on the legacy since i got it.. never been disappointed with them.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/Toyo/Observe+G-02+plus

what do you guys recommend that i can use to clear up the faded black on the front bumper..

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Say it ain't so!!!! You realize you've just jinxed us all!!!! We're doomed! Doomed! Doomed! To one helluva long snowy winter now. What where you thinking man????

i was planning on lifting it a little bit..subtle solutions makes 1" lift blocks that go on top of the strut hat..looks like i'd gain about an inch with the forester springs. might try those first..probably way cheaper than the $225ish for the stuff from subtle solutions.

seems moog makes a rear set of forester springs.. $60 shipped.. on ebay all i can find for the fronts are loaded used struts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moog-6435-Rear-Coil-Springs-/130973535537?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASubaru

got some of these toyo snow tires on the way for it...these will be going on the stock rims and then in the spring i'll find something different for rims and tires.

http://simpletire.com/toyo-p205-70r15-130120-tires

had these toyo snows on the legacy since i got it.. never been disappointed with them.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/Toyo/Observe+G-02+plus

what do you guys recommend that i can use to clear up the faded black on the front bumper..

I'd plasti-dip the front bumper completely.

Also, can't go wrong with Toyo snow tires.

I was being a fart knocker (we need more GE) all depressed that my favourite speedo died.

I am surprised you didn't make it a point to visit the dear boy (GE) on your last southern tour of Appalachia. Heck NC isn't that far from Tennessee or Bama. Probably would have given you some more of JJ's Moonshine to bring back with you too.

When I need to a reality check, I call him. When I done talking to him, I realize my life ain't nearly as messed up as his. Then I feel a whole lot better.

So I take it that too much latex dipping prematurely wore out your last speedo? Wardrobe malfunction again.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the oil changed in the Lemans - it was due after I got back from Charleston. I decided I wanted fresh oil in it before I bedded it down for the winter. I put Sta-Bil and Heet in the gas. Aired up the tires. I did a few other things to winterize her. What do you think?

100_6324_zps8d76cd94.jpg

Now I can cruise either Woodward.

Needed the Havoc face, now everyone can pick you from the lineup.

I thought the carrot nose and the magical top hat gives me away all the time JUSTA. :lol2:

• 3 weeks later...

I test drove a red 2009 G8 GT on Saturday before the Michigan - Ohio State game. I loved the car - only problems were paint chips on the hood and front fascia and 74k onthe odometer. It was clearly a daily driver (not that that is a bad thing). I expect a few chips but there was a lot across the whole front, not just a few here and there. Dealer was asking $18k with 74k miles on it. Not bad but still higher than I thought it was worth for that many miles and the paint chips. The V8 pulled hard though.

The number of paint chips was high too. It reminded me of someone following a gravel truck. Just a lot more than I think should have been there for what I would have considered normal "wear and tear" and 74k miles. I could foresee having to re-paint the hood and fascia at some point in time.

• Founders

Took the Equinox out, turned traction control off, and had some fun in the snow!

Something I'm kind of glad I can't do :lol: but I have just as much fun with the Camaro in the dry :D