Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

ironically i'm pretty sure they were middle aged woman driving them as that's all i saw when i was walking towards the front of the store..

saw it a lot back when i got the GA..young girls and retired woman.. :lol2:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I took one of my wife viewed "unnecessary trips", as after three days of being indoors, I was about going bat**** crazy for a drive. ANY drive. So I drove three miles down over the snow covered, barely plowed roads to the local 7-11, just to get a coffee I could have made at home.

I will say there are some things I would like to do. Some exterior graphics, if I find some I feel suit the lines and compliment the current color. Maybe new tires and rims, come summer. I would like to make a few interior changes. I went shopping around, looking at seat covers, steering wheel accessories, and such. And I will likely do a little bit of under the hood cosmetic stuff. Funny, as much as the Caravan was a decent vehicle for us, and I never neglected its maintenance, it never inspired me to do anything extra to it. The Montana does.

On Monday, I had to get the Avalanche fixed - ignition switch went bad. I started getting ABS and brake warning errors and a Service 4WD drive message on the the IP. Blower motor went out too. I discovered that this crap didn't do this when I started the truck with the remote starter until after I put the key in the ignition, put my foot on the brake, and the vehicle in gear. Took all morning to pinpoint the problem, but it turned out to be the ignition switch.

While I was at the dealership, I walked around the use car lot. This is the same dealer that I test drove the Chysler 300s awhile ago.Seems they've closoed their wholesale lot and all the cars are now at the dealership. So I asked what they had. They had a H3 w/ 88k miles - pass. They some CTS4 - pass. No 300s. A Challenger R/T. OK - lets test drive it. Silver 2011 Challenger R/T 5.7 Hemi automatic, sunroof, leather heated seats, top of the line stereo, 18082 miles, $26000. Damn am I tempted. Now the tough part - permission from the wife - because it ain't a 4 door.

Frosty's really taking a liking to the LX Chryslers. :lol:

Challengers are nice, it's just they're so heavy. Still, fun regardless. They drive not too different from its four door siblings. If its anything, tell the wifey these are sister cars to the Charger and 300, maybe that will help. :lol:

I tried that already Chaos. Its the "what if we have to take someone somewhere - 2-door vs 4-door" syndrome. I said we take your car.....she didn't like that answer. So I'm screwed.

Yes I do like the LX Chryslers. Pity Ford has nothing similar.

I tried that already Chaos. Its the "what if we have to take someone somewhere - 2-door vs 4-door" syndrome. I said we take your car.....she didn't like that answer. So I'm screwed.

Yes I do like the LX Chryslers. Pity Ford has nothing similar.

With my Accord being a coupe, I can understand that aspect. The g/f doesn't really enjoy hopping out every time we go to pick up friends. :lol:

Ford does have offerings, they're just only in upsidedownland. I'd love an FPV T6 Falcon Typhoon. Those are beasts.

two doors mean other people can drive their own ass around. Works with Ms Notallthere and I.

I once went one further and had a little Ford EXP with not only two doors, but only two seats. Which meant if I really didn't like you, start walking. ;)

We do that in the Wife's Fiero. No room to carry anybody or anything. No responsibility.

That's all great and wonderful. How do I sell it to the wife then?

That's all great and wonderful. How do I sell it to the wife then?

quality time with no interruptions..?

I posted a thread on GAGT.com to begin some demodding of my baby. Looks like I'm going to have to sell her before I head to Japan in 3 months. That was probably one of the hardest threads to post since I still love this car. Hopefully my friend will buy it since he needs a more reliable second vehicle but even if he does I don't know if I'll have the heart to ask for it back when we return from Japan.

The GXP will be stored for 3 years though so she should be paid off when I get back and she'll have been spared three years worth of mileage. I'll console myself by modding her when we get back since I should be out of credit debt by then (hopefully..)

I posted a thread on GAGT.com to begin some demodding of my baby. Looks like I'm going to have to sell her before I head to Japan in 3 months. That was probably one of the hardest threads to post since I still love this car. Hopefully my friend will buy it since he needs a more reliable second vehicle but even if he does I don't know if I'll have the heart to ask for it back when we return from Japan.

The GXP will be stored for 3 years though so she should be paid off when I get back and she'll have been spared three years worth of mileage. I'll console myself by modding her when we get back since I should be out of credit debt by then (hopefully..)

How come you can't take one of them with you?

Look on the bright side...you can take home what you buy in Japan...

Being sold as I got married, moved around a lot and just couldn't keep up with them all was the way my old '60s cars went. I never had the high dollar, more desirable one's. No classic muscle cars. A 62 Dodge Lancer(push button automatic), 65 Impala wagon, a 67 Plymouth Fury II, and a 62 Corvair(purely a project car, sadly never finished).

How come you can't take one of them with you?

Look on the bright side...you can take home what you buy in Japan...

Japan's restrictions are very cost prohibitive. Cars before 1976 are grandfathered in but anything after that falls under their tight emissions restrictions and various other safety laws.

As for bringing one back...I'm not really interested in any Japanese cars nor the costs to convert them to US standards. I'll probably buy something cheap to get us around for 3 years and then sell it when I leave like most people do. Then when I get back to the States I'm hoping to find another G8 for the wife (or a manual GXP for me if I can find one.)

I've lived primarily in the US and Canada, and the one thing I did like about the older cars(aside from the fact I could do every job myself) was exemption from modern emissions standards. It brings a certain amount of freedom to mod up a bit, without violating laws or accounting for ECMs. Prior to the '02 Caravan, the newest cars I had ever owned were a couple of '85s.

I guess my advantage was this: I didn't have a wife back then. :)

If I didn't have a wife, I would already have the damn thing!!! :pontiac:

I use to have a life....now I have a wife.

I got a free mod from a Mini Cooper driver today!

http://i.imgur.com/ZY4KOw3.jpg

Good news is that he did take responsibility and I setup an appointment to drop the car off on Monday. Geico (his insurance) will have a rental car ready for me and hopefully I'll have my baby back within a week. Should just need repainted since it's all on the plastic. I'll find out on Monday when the appraiser takes a look.

Japan's restrictions are very cost prohibitive. Cars before 1976 are grandfathered in but anything after that falls under their tight emissions restrictions and various other safety laws.

As for bringing one back...I'm not really interested in any Japanese cars nor the costs to convert them to US standards. I'll probably buy something cheap to get us around for 3 years and then sell it when I leave like most people do. Then when I get back to the States I'm hoping to find another G8 for the wife (or a manual GXP for me if I can find one.)

Like I said on GAGT, let me know if you need help finding a car over there.