Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Looks like a good deal Joe. Doesn't have the brackets to slide into the brackets on my core support. I would like to keep it as stock appearing as possible. IF.... I can get the correct spacer, hoping moving all the fan inside the shroud will help? You still have me wondering if there is a difference in my water pump 8ho as with your 11ho??

JUSTA...do you have a Pontiac shop manual for the Goat? I know you and I talked a lot at your house about the radiator. Do think its possible that someone might have altered the mounting brackets / mounting system to allow that particular radiator to bolt in?

I am thinking if you had an exploded view or close up diagram from the shop manual or assembly manual, it might tell the tale on that radiator. I really believe that you have a racer's hack job for a radiator. I would not be surprised if they didn't re-engineer the core support in some way to make it fit too. JUSTA my opinion but it might explain a lot of things.

I showed you how they bent my braces to fit it in there. That and the much smaller upper hose 1/12 off the rad and 2in on the themostat housing. Picked up another spacer and don't know if I can make that work.

Rad flush, tire rotation & fuel system cleaning. Next month an AC service. Then I'm caught up on all my fluids changed out when GM says too. I like to keep up with my manufacturers recommend services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooked up the battery,Bumped the engine to make sure the starter didnt grind...No grindage! Yesterday filled the radiator with coolant.None on the floor today!Power steering filled,nothing on the floor!Trans gets filled tomorrow.Hopefully same results.Filling the gas tank tomorrow as well.painted a bunch of nuts and bolts today..getting closer to the Iron Maiden Voyage!

Hooked up the battery,Bumped the engine to make sure the starter didnt grind...No grindage! Yesterday filled the radiator with coolant.None on the floor today!Power steering filled,nothing on the floor!Trans gets filled tomorrow.Hopefully same results.Filling the gas tank tomorrow as well.painted a bunch of nuts and bolts today..getting closer to the Iron Maiden Voyage!

ROCK ON .....

Yay! My rear visor came in today! =]

10363816_308966585919579_760495109279681

does that actually do something or is it aesthetics? Just curious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Makes the vtech kick into over drive! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's no different than adding a simple spoiler out back, but I love the way these looked so I nabbed one. The EIC visor is the favorite amongst the 7th gen Accord Coupe guys.

As functional as the stickers on the window. Kinda looks like Godzilla broke a fingernail tryin to pull the top off that pop can. :lol2:

It's not "black" per say, it's the same color the rain guards (ventvisors) people like on the doors of cars, or a bug shield.

I'll snag a better pic of it in a few, dead at work today.

ordered and received stainless steel hex head bolts for my rims some time ago. ordered more tonight. and cleaned out all of the threads on the rims except for one. still have to try to remove the seized bolt. tips?

I like left handed drill bits for removing broken bolts.Get it centered well first.I have never been able to NOT break an easy out.

Edited by indymanjoe

Cover that shit in liquid wench or a penetrator

Shouldnt you be doing push ups or washing dishes? This "New Army" is not looking good... :lol2:

I like left handed drill bits for removing broken bolts.Get it centered well first.I have never been able to NOT break an easy out.

since it rusted, it striped. so i tried using one of those that are supposed to take them out.

Is it broken or just siezed up?

:D both. cant remember if when i first try to remove it or using one of those bits to remove it that the head snapped off. then drilled thru and tried the bit again, only to have that snap in there. soo...ya.

Cover that shit in liquid wench or a penetrator

works good?

alrighty. ill see what penetrants are in town to get this done quick. thanks all.

I scrubbed the convertible top of the Lemans with 303 Products Convertible Top and Tonneau Cover cleaner and a convertible top brush. Seems to have lifted a lot of the embedded dirt out. I will have to do it again the next time I have it home to see if I can get more of the deeper dirt and as well as the boot cover clean.