Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

What was Arnolds guess??

I don't know - I don't speak pig. I don't know anyone who does either. Eb (i.e. Tom Lester) is now the only living cast member from Green Acres left. Mary Grace Canfield (a.k.a Ralph Monroe) died in February this year.

Welcome to Hooterville - Population: 1

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YutJd4uAiAc

Havoc - those Massachusetts iron moths are attacking your Phoenix's rear bumper something fierce. It looks like its about ready to split into two. Any chance the bumper will be removed and sent to a chrome shop next winter to be fixed and re-chromed?

Havoc - those Massachusetts iron moths are attacking your Phoenix's rear bumper something fierce. It looks like its about ready to split into two. Any chance the bumper will be removed and sent to a chrome shop next winter to be fixed and re-chromed?

I wish. I never have time to work with her. One of the rims leaks, still needs carpets, body cancer on the wells. I don't have the money, time, or expertise.

A good chrome shop has the experise to cut out the old and put in new metal and then do the necessary work to chrome it out real purty like. Its only money.

Rim leaks are relatively cheap to fix unless the wheel itself is totally out of round. You need to know if the leak is coming from - the rim or the valve stem. Replace the valve stem if the leak is coming from there. If it is leaking from the rim, then you need to assess why its leaking.

Is it leaking because:

1. Someone at the tire shop didn't put enough rubber cement on the tire perimeter to properly seal the tire?

2. Rust, dirt, or oxidation of the wheel is contaminating the rubber cement or tire seal, prohibiting a good seal?

3. Wheel is bent - away from the tire causing a poor seal?

Once you know the problem, fixing it is relatively cheap. Bending a bent rim requirements mechanical leverage to bend the rom so the rim must be secured down in order for you to try to bend the lip in a way that it it does not spring back at you - in your face.

I'm leaning towards corrosion around the bead and or that rubber cement issue.

I'm leaving for Ft Jackson next Monday so I won't be around at all this summer. My father said he would look into it while I'm gone. Hopefully he actually does.

i took a pic...cars practically brown, cat paw prints, covered in tree leaves and seeds.

post-15-0-94628200-1399684873_thumb.jpg

I had took the Lemans to the upholstery shop on Thursday to repair the torn padding cover between the convertible top and the top frame. It was fraying. I also had the windshield head bow seal replaced - it leaked in a driving rain. A wet wife during a hard rain storm is not a good thing !!!!

While I was at the upholestry shop I got a new convertible top boot cover - which I have some plans for.......stay tuned.

The auto detailing company next door to the upholstery shop had their heads quite literally up their arses. They were suppose to clean the convertible top once everything else was repaired. They didn't show up for work today until almost 2 pm (I guess they went drinking last night). So they decided to not clean my convertible top at all!!! So screw them!!!!

When I put the car away, I think I heard a lifter knocking noise. I need to check the oil level for sure.

First event of the year is the Memorial Day Parade in a couple of weeks.....

Cleaned off the pollen from the Accord, and went out for a drive. I had to be gone for three hours...I know it's mother's day, but I'm not celebrating it. Instead I enjoyed the open road, looking for a spot to take photos of the car. I found this nice beach village in Wading River, it was fun.

8YuvsXY.jpg?1
z2QTuau.jpg?1
Fk3ylEo.jpg?1
GZwsrX2.jpg?1
4pBLfYm.jpg?1
gCm2gmh.jpg?1

I took maybe 40 photos, these are my favorites. Sorry about the quality, I had to resize them so they weren't the size of Saturn.

Bummer...Hope my luck isn't rubbin off on you.

It damn well better not.

No, I think she's low on oil from last fall's run to Charleston. I will check it when I get it out this weekend for the run to Baker's.

I stopped at Grainger's Industrial Supply today. Hopefully I can start my next project this week - but not tonight - I have Scouts.

I returned the stuff I bought at Graingers. I realized that what I planned to do would not work with the material I bought there. So I returned it un-opened and got my money back.

When I put the car away, I think I heard a lifter knocking noise. I need to check the oil level for sure.

First event of the year is the Memorial Day Parade in a couple of weeks.....

I added a quart of oil to motor and the lifter noise went away. So it was a little low when I put it away after Charleston last fall.

The front grilles are out of the car. I polished them and I removed the "Pontiac" emblem and I refurbished it today. I will post pictures later.

Going to do a cruise to Baker's in Milford tomorrow and catch up with Indymanjoe.

Indymanjoe and I made a day of it. He bought my mini-starter too.

Tell the daughter Happy B-Day for us.

Got up this morning, put the grilles back in the car, washed the car, put the trim rings back on the wheels, aired up the tires, meet the Widetrackers in Waterford, cruised to Baker's took a couple hunert' pictures of cars while I was there, ate a Big Daddy burger, onion rings, a Sam Adams beer topped off with a walk across the street to Dairy Queen for a Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard, then drove home with the top down, and the grilled some steaks on the Hot Rod Grill with the family.

Frosty knows what i did to my car today LOL.Had to add some wire to my harness for the mini starter.Maybe tomorrow she will come to life...maybe...just finished for the night.Pics later.G'night all!

My intake came in the other day...change of plans as I plan on making it a short ram. My entire front bumper needs to come off the remove the MASSIVE intake resonator behind the left fog light. I'll be shortening the end of the intake tube, then mock up a decent box around the filter to keep most of the heat away. I need to get some vacuum rubber hoses as well.

Also ordered a rear visor/spolier as well, that will be in with the next two days. Next up will be new yellow fog housings, as the current ones were apparently cut into the siliconed by the previous owner to fit 9006 HID bulbs in them. (The fogs are H11 bulbs. -.-) as well as I'll be ordering a set of red "H" emblems for the front and rear.

Once all that is taken care of, I'll be looking to find an OEM rear decklid spoiler. After that, I'll be looking for the front OEM HFP lip, but finding a genuine OEM one is not easy.

Frosty knows what i did to my car today LOL.Had to add some wire to my harness for the mini starter.Maybe tomorrow she will come to life...maybe...just finished for the night.Pics later.G'night all!

Can't wait to see the results Joe. Tell us all about the trials and tribulations too. We can't wait to hear the beast start up (neither can you)!

• Founders

Best drive in a while yesterday. Was in Orlando over the weekend and drove back yesterday, perfect weather not a cloud in the sky and not a lot of people on the highway... glorious 3 hour drive.

Busy weekend, Mel said thankx for the Bday wishes. Oil changes in 4 of the FLEET. Replaced sway bar links, spring cleaning interior of wifes ride. 4 brakes and new lines on mine, took GTO apart to install fan spacer, only to find the kit had wrong bolts. Battery charger on the Sunbird. Clutch is next. G6 is leaking coolant from the reservoir, hose and clutch will be "IN" at the parts store tomorrow. Will it ever end? Good luck on your fireup Joe.

Tell Mel I wants some hugs at the Dust Off. Have you gone looking for a proper goat radiator and fan shroud for it yet?

Remember, not more trophy parts!!!

Tell Mel I wants some hugs at the Dust Off. Have you gone looking for a proper goat radiator and fan shroud for it yet?

Remember, not more trophy parts!!!

LOL no more more room in my garage display. Justa heads up on the G6. Pressure tested the reservoir and cap, that was good. replaced hose to the T connector in the heater hose. Plastic T connector was cracked on bottom. If anyone else finds themselves with this prob. Save a trip and a tank of anti freeze, spend $2 on a new T. Then went to Advanced Auto to return the wrong fan spacer for the GTO, only to find this one is wrong as well. Check for correct bolts.