Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What did you do to your Car today?

The new Proxes 4 Plus are awesome tires, they may not have the fancy looking tread, but you'll be very happy with them.

The centercap, I was thinking about having the centers for the Impala steel wheels custom cut to fit the center shape of the five spoke steelies.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Nice JUSTA! I was a lazy bum all day nursing a hangover :lol:

Hangover? Don't get me started on my hangover from Saturday night.

But...playing Forza 4 drunk off my ass from Vodka was worth the fun. Despite me being loud and obnoxious in one of the game lobbies, my buddy that I was playing with told me the next day the others thought I was hilarious. Sure enough, I got four friend requests out of it. :lol:

HMMM..... Didn't know that would bolt in. Very cool

I think he picked the brain of the owner of the Northstar-powered Fiero while we were all at Woodward.

To the 60 degree V6 it is almost a bolt in process. A couple 'custom' parts need to be picked up but nothing serious.

To the 60 degree V6 it is almost a bolt in process. A couple 'custom' parts need to be picked up but nothing serious.

So that has the ear's bolt pattern? Would explain the other V8 Fiero's I've seen.

When I talked to the Fiero's owner, he had to make a custom K-member to cradle the Northstar and the 4T60 tranny and make it look factory. He has a lot of welding and sweat equity in that car based on his picture book alone. It was quite a feat of engineering to be sure. It looks like it belongs there. So I know notallthere picked his brain quite a bit. A 60 degree V6 certainly would up the HP more than the stock V6.

I've seen LA1 swapped Fieros before.

Why not go for an LX9? (non-VVT 3.5L OHV) they make 200HP at the crank and WOT-Tech makes plenty of goodies for that engine, you could easily have a fun engine making 280-295HP spending less than an extra $2000 in upgrades.

The owner of WOT-Tech, John, he's a member over on FullThrottleV6.com (forced_firebird) I dunno if he ever signed up here though. Even if you just want an LA1, his machining and build skills/knowledge is top notch.

I'd reach out to him for assistance on that.

A nice 3800 would probably offer a better power to weight ratio than the Northstar anyhow.

I am very biased towards the 3800 and SC 3800s based on my work history. I have heard of them being put into Fieros before as well. So I am with you.

However, one thing we have to consider is the real estate in the Fiero's engine compartment. If the 60 degree V6 is a near bolt in replacement and 3800 requires more fab work, then I can understand why notallthere would go that route. His wife's car, his/her call. I like the 3800 idea though.

Ms Notallthere wants a little more HP but wants to maintain a stock appearance. This means stock Fiero intake. I am going to pick up a 91 3.1L out of a Cavalier. Comp cams 268H cam shaft with 3800 injectors. Gasket match the intake and the heads. We want to maintain some sort of trunk so V8 is out of the question because we will still travel with it.

We only want to shoot for about 200 to 220 hp. This should be relatively streetable and give us some longevity. Since the stock motor lasted 205,000 km and nearly 28 years something must have been done right.

Since the top ends are still somewhat interchangeable, why such an older engine? IIRC, the UIM and LIM should work with a newer 3.1L (L82) and 3.4L (LA1).

I would port and polish the stock Fiero intake, maybe run a larger throttle body to make use of the cam and bigger injectors.

Also, if you're gonna run an exhaust, use the Flowmaster 80 with a high flow resonator or cherry bomb glasspack. BEST sounding exhaust for a 60*V6, new or old.

I've recommended that setup to N-body guys (Grand Am, Alero, Malibu), older F-bodies with the L23 (3.4L) even G6s with any of the 60*V6s they come with, and they all sounded awesome.

The older motor still has the machining for the distributor that came on the Fiero. Also the motor will be a total rebuild. We are already running the Holley throttle body on the motor right now and it came from the factory capable of handling more. The older ones the starter was on the correct side for the Fiero. The newer ones particularly the 3.4 they are on the wrong side.

Currently for the exhaust is stainless steel from the Fiero store. Nice sounding exhaust for what we are looking for. The Flowmasters sound good on an older V8 but to me they sound like an empty soup can falling down the stairs on the V6s.